Disney Dropped Our Return Bus from Port to Orlando Airport?

TrishaK

Mouseketeer
I've tried confirming online and calling (ha!). We just received an "email update" from Disney in regards to our June 2022 cruise. From what I can tell, they've randomly cancelled our transportation from the Port to the Orlando Airport. (there's a refund of half of what I paid for transportation; the email now only shows bus transportation from the airport to the port)

Has this happened to anybody before? Do you know why? Were you able to add it back on?

I'll definitely keep calling, but I know that's a total mess....

EDIT #1: I got things mixed up when looking at the emails, etc. They actually dropped our transportation between the Orlando Airport Hyatt and the Port. Which is WORSE! Especially since I had to contact them specifically to let them know we'd need transport from the Hyatt. Argh! (On hold now.....Monday morning.)

EDIT #2: Monday morning call, took 45 minutes total; He added our transport from the Hyatt to the Port. He blamed it on a "system upgrade"...

Last edited:
The only thing I can think of is if they think your flight time is too early. Not sure what time they suggest for Orlando as the earliest time.

Ug, sorry this happened to you. I hope you get thru to them to figure it out. Maybe try the chat function or email them at the contact us email.

The only thing I can think of is if they think your flight time is too early. Not sure what time they suggest for Orlando as the earliest time.

Ug, sorry this happened to you. I hope you get thru to them to figure it out. Maybe try the chat function or email them at the contact us email.
That could be. Disney says nothing before 11:30 am. My experience is Orlando is a mess, we barely made at 12:35 pm flight despite Disney getting us to the airport by 10:15 am. Security backups were the issue. Next cruise, I'm not booking a flight until after 1pm

https://plandisney.disney.go.com/qu...light-cruise-port-canaveral-time-need-323668/

And which side of MCO is your flight departing from? Maybe my experiences aren't typical, but it seems to me that the side JetBlue flies from always has much longer security lines than the other side. I've stopped flying JetBlue from MCO when I travel with anyone that can't use the Pre-Check lanes.

Do you have pre-check?
Didn't matter. They were running non-pre-check passengers through the pre-check line. They were pulling people with flights that were departing within the hour into the pre-check line. And that was about half the people waiting to clear security. It was a Saturday, when there were a bunch of ships returning to Port Canaveral. But Travel Agent has MCO on the list of airports you should arrive at AT LEAST 3 hours before your flight.

Didn't matter. They were running non-pre-check passengers through the pre-check line. They were pulling people with flights that were departing within the hour into the pre-check line. And that was about half the people waiting to clear security. It was a Saturday, when there were a bunch of ships returning to Port Canaveral. But Travel Agent has MCO on the list of airports you should arrive at AT LEAST 3 hours before your flight.
I went to WDW once in October for the Halloween Party. It was a perfect trip until we got to MCO for the flight home. We didn't have Pre-Check back then, so we had to go through the regular security line. Well, they were actually siphoning off some number of people from the normal line into a separate line and we ended up in that separate line. MCO had volunteered to be one of the first airports to test a new TSA initiative in which they would screen all food brought through security. In October. At Disney's airport. The screeners were inspecting every single piece of candy, one at a time! I can't imagine what they expected to find.

We were in that line for 2.5 hours and barely made our flight. Security at MCO is the absolute worst.

They dropped our arrival bus when we added the Hyatt through them on the front end. My travel agent had to get them to put it back on.

My TA sent me an email that this happened to us today too! She called back and added it back in. She just got a random email that I suddenly had a credit. It was really weird.

I haven't added any of our flight info yet. It's at 2:00 pm, anyway. Will try calling....again. Chat feature online was unavailable, of course.

My TA sent me an email that this happened to us today too! She called back and added it back in. She just got a random email that I suddenly had a credit. It was really weird.
Same! My TA added transport. But then a week later it said I had a credit...for that exact amount...they said the "system" dropped it. So my TA had to call AGAIN to get it added back. Not impressed.

Note to self - go to Guest Services on board to make sure mine has not been dropped.

Note to self - go to Guest Services on board to make sure mine has not been dropped.
You can check your Key to the World card. If there's a "PA" under the dates, then you have port to airport transportation. If not, then sure, go to Guest Services.

Disney won't leave you stranded at the port, anyway. They don't really want you there after the cruise!

Disney won't leave you stranded at the port, anyway. They don't really want you there after the cruise!
Thanks for the tip regarding “PA”. Better double check than be sorry too late.
They don't want you there, but I seriously doubt they're going to do anything extra as “here is the number you can call for your cab, enjoy your trip home, sea you soon goodbye”

We had this happen to us before our cruise this past March. Someone else on our cruise noticed this happened to them or I probably wouldn't have noticed what happened. I was able to call and add it back.

This happened with almost all of my cruise clients this month. It seems to be correlated with check-in: when they complete the online check-in process, the transfers drop off. The CM I spoke to also felt like there was also a correlation there, but she couldn't say for sure and she didn't have an explanation or any other info to give me other than to make sure I check my clients' transfers "periodically" moving forward. It's...a bit frustrating.

This happened with almost all of my cruise clients this month. It seems to be correlated with check-in: when they complete the online check-in process, the transfers drop off. The CM I spoke to also felt like there was also a correlation there, but she couldn't say for sure and she didn't have an explanation or any other info to give me other than to make sure I check my clients' transfers "periodically" moving forward. It's...a bit frustrating.
I haven't checked in for mine yet. Mine was dropped on my 9-night Southern on the Fantasy at the end of July.

Yes! I happened to me during online check in for our cruise last month—even weirder, it only affected half the people in our stateroom. They said that iy had yo do with their new reservation system “upgrade”

Same thing - got my refund email today. I'm on hold because she's having trouble adding it back for me. Super annoying, I've been on with them for over an hour.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter