Disney Dream June 7, 2017 Bahamas Double Dip CC

Churchladychurchlady

Mouseketeer
First time DCL Cruiser here! We are so excited for this, a total celebration cruise. DD graduates HS & turns 18, and a belated celebration of our 25th Anniversary.
party:
Doing cruise June 7-11 (surprising DD with cruise part)
Then Universal for HPWorld for a few days
THEN WDW - staying at the Contemporary (as soon as they open for reservations) for another 5 days!

I'm ready to start packing already!!!

Is anyone else on this cruise or will it be just us??

Hi! We will also be on the June 7th cruise celebrating my DH's 50th birthday:)

This will be our 2nd Disney cruise. We took our first cruise 10 1/2 years ago, so this almost feels like a first cruise since so much has changed sine then. Our children were so young, only the oldest remembers it.

I'm crazy about packing! I've already bought a few things.

:welcome:

Glad to meet you! So glad we won't be cruisin' alone!

I haven't been on a cruise in 18 years, so I don't even remember what to pack, but I've started gathering stuff already! I'm going to need to find that link with all the packing lists soon.

I'll be doing a belated 25th anniversary cruise, too! It will be our 26th during the cruise, but I really wanted something big for our 25th and we weren't able to do anything other than dinner.

At this point, we are planning on doing Kennedy Space Center the day before the cruise. I usually don't do well with hot and humid, so may need to rethink that.

:teeth: Yay! So excited to meet more fellow cruisers. Every time I think about this trip, I get giddy.

And Congratulations, cruisehopeful on that 25th!

Last edited:
Hi, DH and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. First DCL Cruisers as well. We are very excited! We are leaving our DD who is 19 months right now with Grandma and Grandpa for the week. Hoping to get some character signatures for her.

Hi, DH and I will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary. First DCL Cruisers as well. We are very excited! We are leaving our DD who is 19 months right now with Grandma and Grandpa for the week. Hoping to get some character signatures for her.

Awesome!!! Congrats on the 10 years! From what I've been reading, there will be plenty of opportunities to get signatures.
This is so exciting to meet at least a few people who will be cruising with us! (Sorry for all the exclamation points, can you tell, I'm really, really excited?)

Cruisehopeful, we'll be doing Kennedy Space Center when we get back before going to Universal - I'm a bit of a space nut, so I'm really looking forward to that too!
Elizakapeka, now, I'm curious, what's a WDW do over? It looks like you're going to WDW after the cruise too?

Is anyone else as pathetic as I am and put the DCL app on their phone just for the countdown?

Awesome!!! Congrats on the 10 years! From what I've been reading, there will be plenty of opportunities to get signatures.
This is so exciting to meet at least a few people who will be cruising with us! (Sorry for all the exclamation points, can you tell, I'm really, really excited?)

Cruisehopeful, we'll be doing Kennedy Space Center when we get back before going to Universal - I'm a bit of a space nut, so I'm really looking forward to that too!
Elizakapeka, now, I'm curious, what's a WDW do over? It looks like you're going to WDW after the cruise too?

Is anyone else as pathetic as I am and put the DCL app on their phone just for the countdown?
We went to wdw in 2014. It was our first vacation since our honeymoon 10 years earlier. I booked the week reservations opened but when I got to the beach club we had to wait for 3 hours for them to find us a room since they overbooked the resort. Weather was unseasonably cold and rainy. Somehow we missed out on a "magical" experience and we are "doing it over" lol. 4 days on the dream and 4 days at beach club, trying club level again too!

We will doing this cruise. On our last cruise, there was someone who set up a Facebook page for our cruise and started doing a fish extender group on it among other things such as setting up a Mixology class for the cruise. Would anyone be interested in me setting this up?

We will doing this cruise. On our last cruise, there was someone who set up a Facebook page for our cruise and started doing a fish extender group on it among other things such as setting up a Mixology class for the cruise. Would anyone be interested in me setting this up?
Yes! Please start one! FB makes it some much easier to manage lists, and chat about the cruise :)

Technically we're not supposed to acknowledge the "other" social media sites. If you'd like to, feel free, but out of respect for the disboard's rules, it shouldn't be posted here.
That said, what goes on outside the disboards stays outside the disboards. :rolleyes1

Have you done it yet? I'm considering FE, but I'm not the person to set it up.

Also, I only started this thread because no one had yet - if anyone wants to take lead and post more, feel free - I am NOT a control type at all!

Hello. We are first time cruisers also... We had one booked for September next year but had to change it to this one. Would you still be willing to run the meet and greet pave and the FE page. There was one set up for our original one in September. I'm new to this board so hopefully I'm doing this right!!

We are first time cruisers!! My husband and I and out 2 kids who will be 3 and 5... Any input on what to do would be great!!

Is there was way to private message on here like on Facebook? I'm new to this page

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter