Disney Dream at daylight - photos

So, I returned today armed with a polarising filter in the search for less glare and a better angle and this is what I came up with:

DSC_0208-Copy.jpg

The first two portholes on Decks 7 and 8 are now clearly visible and I think are definitely smaller than those on the side of the ship.

If these are the foreward facing portholes that can be seen under the film and behind the glass, then why are they oval, and also not evenly spaced?
The top row, 2nd from the left, is higher up than the 6th one over, and the next row down, again the 2nd one is not only crooked, but also higher up.
Doesn't make any sense to me. :confused:

Are there any pictures of the front of the ship zoomed in that close? I would like to see how much of a pain the bit of an over hang on the verandas from the ocean view rooms.

WOW!!!
That ship looks HUGE!!!! I don't know how we could cover the whole thing in 4 days... eek!
Thanks so much for posting them.

Thank you! It is very helpful to see these places up close! I agree that the front windows look to be the more medium sized windows of the aft 9A rooms and 9B rooms. It doesn't help that they are set at an angle, so as to make the opening appear even smaller than it is. Oh well. That's the trade off for the extra space for the corner rooms, or the higher decks for the forward facing rooms.

So, I returned today armed with a polarising filter in the search for less glare and a better angle and this is what I came up with:

DSC_0208-Copy.jpg

The first two portholes on Decks 7 and 8 are now clearly visible and I think are definitely smaller than those on the side of the ship.

Also regarding the cabins in the bump... this picture is of the starboard side but at least it can give an idea for the Deck 12 cabins:

DSC_0180.jpg

Here it appears that the veranda dividers on Deck 12 do not reach all the way to the edge of the bump. However, as Andreas points out, much work is still ongoing and there are likely to be many more changes to the ship over the next few days/weeks...

With regard to the Ems conveyance the Meyer Werft website currently gives the date as this Friday or Saturday (or possibly overnight and so encompassing both days) but does not give exact times and notes that this is still subject to change...

If these are the foreward facing portholes that can be seen under the film and behind the glass, then why are they oval, and also not evenly spaced?
The top row, 2nd from the left, is higher up than the 6th one over, and the next row down, again the 2nd one is not only crooked, but also higher up.
Doesn't make any sense to me. :confused:

Come on Stace! LOL

:rotfl:

Peter

The Dream is so beautiful... Thanks for the photos!! The photo in the first post may just have to be my computer background once the holidays are over :goodvibes I'm getting even more excited for my cruise in May!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter