Disney Dream 8th January 2012

If anyone was thinking of going to the Atlantis when in Nassau, the price of the Comfort Suites has just dropped significantly. It is now $149 for a room, there is still $63 in tax/fees (the fees are outrageous but the overall cost makes it OK). It was over $250 + taxes/fees last week.

For comparision, booking at the Atlantis itself is $450+. The DCL excursions vary in price depending on what you want to do and the number of people but are all expensive.

Yes, if you get a room at the Comfort Suites, you get wristbands for all the pools and waterslides at the Atlantis. The waterslides and (the most unlazy) lazy river are amazing. My kids love it and it is alot of fun for this big kid too. I wasn't going to go to book it unless the cost came down to a more reasonable level and just stay on the ship instead.

Hopefully this of use to those that were considering going to the Atlantis. For those that want to stay onboard and enjoy the uncrowded ship, I'll do my part and get off with my kids. :)
Jeff.

If anyone was thinking of going to the Atlantis when in Nassau, the price of the Comfort Suites has just dropped significantly. It is now $149 for a room, there is still $63 in tax/fees (the fees are outrageous but the overall cost makes it OK). It was over $250 + taxes/fees last week.

For comparision, booking at the Atlantis itself is $450+. The DCL excursions vary in price depending on what you want to do and the number of people but are all expensive.

Yes, if you get a room at the Comfort Suites, you get wristbands for all the pools and waterslides at the Atlantis. The waterslides and (the most unlazy) lazy river are amazing. My kids love it and it is alot of fun for this big kid too. I wasn't going to go to book it unless the cost came down to a more reasonable level and just stay on the ship instead.

Hopefully this of use to those that were considering going to the Atlantis. For those that want to stay onboard and enjoy the uncrowded ship, I'll do my part and get off with my kids. :)
Jeff.

that is really interesting... so it's one room and we both (Dh and I) get a wristband? I was not going to leave the boat, but at this price I think it would be worth it. if you have more info (where to book, etc) I would like to know!!

AK

that is really interesting... so it's one room and we both (Dh and I) get a wristband? I was not going to leave the boat, but at this price I think it would be worth it. if you have more info (where to book, etc) I would like to know!!

I did it at www.comfortsuites.com I did a search for "Nassau BS". There was only 1 entry for Comfort Suites Paradise Island. If you go to the description of the hotel, it should say: "The Comfort Suites® Paradise Island is located adjacent to the Atlantis Paradise Island and guests of the hotel can enjoy full use of all their facilities, including swimming pools, private beach, magnificent waterscapes, Lazy River Ride, water slides, health spa, tennis, and Kids Camp."

I think you are limited to 4 people per room (we are 2 adults/2 kids) and yes, each person in the room gets a wristband. When you check in (last time we checked out at the same time and never got a room key), they give you a receipt that you show at the Atlantis where you pick up the wristbands. It is less than a 5 minute walk between the hotels.

Silly me, I got so excited I didn't even check the AAA rate. They are showing that as $134 + tax/fees. Good thing I can cancel the reservation and rebook. :thumbsup2
Jeff.

We are late dining (DH and I) and we would like to share a table!
:thumbsup2 Ive pmd you!:thumbsup2
I believe we are main dining
You are, youre lovely wife pmd me, :thumbsup2 us Lynnes eh? way ahead of our hubbys:rotfl2:
We are also late dining and are open to share. Myself DH DD-20 DS-10

:thumbsup2

We are also planning to share with our friends from last cruise, Derek and his mum, he is very jolly and is a pharmacist.

Anyway, that makes 10? would this be too many?

Can anybody remember , I could throw the q out on the main cruise thread to ask if they have tables for 10. Sounds like fun.

Feel fre to post or pm me your thoughts:dance3:

Te more the merrier as far as I am concerned, can anybody remember.

Oh and also, I am from scotland I have a very very thick skin, if you change your mind or decide against it please just say, last cruise we orginized to sit with folk and when we got to dinner it was just the 4 of us(me,len ,mum and dad) same as the last 40 years then:rotfl:
turns out the folk got on the ship and went to dining reservations and told them that they didnt want to sit with us, that is totally fair enough, I am sure they had reasons but I I wished they had told us before so we could sit with others that we had said no to, we did get to sit beside others for the next 15 nights thanks to disney and it was the highlight of our day meeting four brilliant and hilarious table mates every night.

Oh and another q , where are you all staying before cruise, I blooming well forgot to pay rest of our hotel when we were cruising last week and the blooming travel company cancelled my hotel and kept the deposit, doh, what an idiot I am ......

Just cant decide, it will have to be in orlando:confused3
even thought about a villa to get a hot tub to ourselves.

I blooming well forgot to pay rest of our hotel when we were cruising last week and the blooming travel company cancelled my hotel and kept the deposit, doh, what an idiot I am ......

That really stinks. Do you mind me asking what hotel you were booked at? I can't imagine losing a deposit at an Orlando hotel these days. Everything that I book is held with a credit card and can cancel within a couple of days at no chanrge. Maybe dealing with a travel agent instead of direct is different?

We are planning on staying at the Nickelodean Hotel the night before. You do NOT want to stay there if it is 2 adults, the hotel is geared to the 5-10 year old set. The kids get a big kick out of it and we can tolerate it for 1 night, besides the pool is heated to 87 degrees.
We are also staying 4 nights afterwards at Animal Kinddom. That should be nice.
Cheers, Jeff...

Was able to register today - yaaaa! It feels more official now. Still a few more long months before the cruise, but can not wait.

We were able to get 11 AM boarding. No cabanas left, but that was not a surprise.

Staying at the Hyatt at the airport the night before in case anyone wants to do dinner. We are late seating for the cruise. No kids with us and would love to join up with anyone. We are from Minnesota, would love to be with people from around the world - we love big cities, from Philadelphia originally and love to travel especially in Europe.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

That really stinks. Do you mind me asking what hotel you were booked at? I can't imagine losing a deposit at an Orlando hotel these days. Everything that I book is held with a credit card and can cancel within a couple of days at no chanrge. Maybe dealing with a travel agent instead of direct is different?

We are planning on staying at the Nickelodean Hotel the night before. You do NOT want to stay there if it is 2 adults, the hotel is geared to the 5-10 year old set. The kids get a big kick out of it and we can tolerate it for 1 night, besides the pool is heated to 87 degrees.
We are also staying 4 nights afterwards at Animal Kinddom. That should be nice.
Cheers, Jeff...
I was booked here..
http://www.barefootn.com/

It was through an agent and its the first and last time I will book through an agent, thats why I lost the deoposit.
That sounds perfect jeff, get the craziness out the way first!
Was able to register today - yaaaa! It feels more official now. Still a few more long months before the cruise, but can not wait.

We were able to get 11 AM boarding. No cabanas left, but that was not a surprise.

Staying at the Hyatt at the airport the night before in case anyone wants to do dinner. We are late seating for the cruise. No kids with us and would love to join up with anyone. We are from Minnesota, would love to be with people from around the world - we love big cities, from Philadelphia originally and love to travel especially in Europe.

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

11am, I hope Im still not running then:worship::worship::worship:

Oh and another q , where are you all staying before cruise, I blooming well forgot to pay rest of our hotel when we were cruising last week and the blooming travel company cancelled my hotel and kept the deposit, doh, what an idiot I am ......

Just cant decide, it will have to be in orlando:confused3
even thought about a villa to get a hot tub to ourselves.
We are staying at WDW at Riverside

:thumbsup2 Ive pmd you!:thumbsup2

You are, youre lovely wife pmd me, :thumbsup2 us Lynnes eh? way ahead of our hubbys:rotfl2:

:thumbsup2

We are also planning to share with our friends from last cruise, Derek and his mum, he is very jolly and is a pharmacist.

Anyway, that makes 10? would this be too many?

Can anybody remember , I could throw the q out on the main cruise thread to ask if they have tables for 10. Sounds like fun.

Feel fre to post or pm me your thoughts:dance3:

Te more the merrier as far as I am concerned, can anybody remember.

That is fine with us

Im going to e-mail disney and ask how many max to a table.... stay tuned peeps.

Riverside, is that what used to be dixie landings? we loved it there many many years ago.

Winter paid a visit yesterday/last night. If this is the way it is going to be this year, I'm going to be good and ready for the warmth and sun come January. Snow for Christmas is nice, OK for Thanksgiving, but crazy for Halloween. ;)

Fall hasn't ended, we still have most of the leaves on our tress. But we got about 4 inches of snow overnight. Lots of tree limbs down in my yard that need to be cleaned up today. It isn't the typical New England fall colors but still very pretty (just alittle early for my taste).

Jeff....

68 more days to go :)
Finally feeling like the vacation is coming upon us. With the holiday madness, this trip will be hear quicker than we realize.
Getting excited thinking about FE gifts!
We decided on no excursions in Nassau or Castaway Cay. We are just going to enjoy them in a relaxing manner.
Can't wait, see you all soon!

68 more days to go :)
Finally feeling like the vacation is coming upon us. With the holiday madness, this trip will be hear quicker than we realize.
Getting excited thinking about FE gifts!
We decided on no excursions in Nassau or Castaway Cay. We are just going to enjoy them in a relaxing manner.
Can't wait, see you all soon!

Sounds like a plan.:thumbsup2 We booked sweedish massages for nassau day.

I thought I posted this but , here I go again, I emailed disney and asked re 10 at a table, they e-mailed me back and said, yes 8 is no problem:confused3:confused3 so I e-mailed them again.......... nothing
I just e-mailed them again 5 mins ago, so we will see!

Hi,

we thought we weren't going to do anything in Nassau, but after reading some TR, I decided to book the Atlantis Aquaventure. My DH and I love water parks/slides, and it seems really fun. It's the only excursion we'll be doing though... it's pretty expensive too. I was going to book a hotel room at comfort suite to save money, but I missed the sale to the price difference was not that much for the 2 of us. For peace of mind and not having to worry about transport and things like that, I just booked through Disney...

Hopefully the table works! let us know, should be fun! Should also be fun to try to understand all our different accents! ;)

Leaving OKW headed home to snow and closed roads, will see how we fair when we land.
2 Hour drive from Denver to Cheyenne, so we will see how that goes, we have a Jeep so that helps.

I am ready for January for sure, sounds like folks are getting plans together for this cruise.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter