Disney done differently, (BOG dining updates pages 202 and 203)

I think my spider thing comes from camping in San Diego area and there being tarantulas everywhere. Normally bugs don't bother me being a life long camper but seeing them everywhere set that in motion.

What a great looking group at HOB!

I love the group shot. What a fun dismeet!

You will need to have a separate medicine bag. You can keep both liquid and solid dosage forms in here. They need to be labeled with a prescription label. They do not count towards your liquids or bags, but can only contain medications. I think ds also had his nebulizer in there. He had no problem with the epipens or any other meds in there.

Grumpy can't eat bananas or kiwi. He has also had analphylactic reactions to grapes and peanuts. Last week he had a bad reaction to a chicken nugget at McDonalds. It had to be cross contamination. And at the F&W festival he tried a cranraisin. It said no grapes in it. But his mouth and throat got all itchy so he spit it out right away.

We discovered it's best to talk to the chef at Disney because there have been restaurants where cross contamination happened in unlikely places. For example, the one chef at Pop wouldn't let him eat the orzo noodles because she had used the water from the greenbeens for the noodles too. Who would have thought?! He has to stay away from all legumes, nuts, and tree nuts.

Kudos to you and you ds for all you have to keep track of with this. We are very lucky, dd does not (cross fingers...knock on wood) have any troubles with food. There is definitely some cross protein issues with plants..but they are not the kind she eats. It is hard enough watching for potential items that might contain latex.... I just can't imagine having to worry about it so much with food down to being mindful of its preparation. :hug: :hug:

I think my spider thing comes from camping in San Diego area and there being tarantulas everywhere. Normally bugs don't bother me being a life long camper but seeing them everywhere set that in motion.

What a great looking group at HOB!

It was a wonderful DIS meet!

Tarantulas!!! That I wouldn't be able to handle either. Our wolf spiders and banana spiders are scary enough!!

I love the group shot. What a fun dismeet!

Kudos to you and you ds for all you have to keep track of with this. We are very lucky, dd does not (cross fingers...knock on wood) have any troubles with food. There is definitely some cross protein issues with plants..but they are not the kind she eats. It is hard enough watching for potential items that might contain latex.... I just can't imagine having to worry about it so much with food down to being mindful of its preparation. :hug: :hug:

It was a fun DIS meet!

We are finally at the point where we don't worry about the latex allergy anymore. For years, I went on every single field trip, every school event, baked, brought in special food, provided the school with pencils and erasers, etc. I know you understand, because I read about your dd's catheter. We moms do what we gotta do to keep them safe.

When he was in middle school things came to a head. He tested allergic to 80 some out of the 120 things they tested him for. The list they gave us to avoid left very few things left to eat. He couldn't get allergy shots here either, because of the latex stoppers in the vials and syringes. Though we were told John Hopkins can make the injections.

One day he came to me and asked if we had to be so uptight about the allergies. He said he felt like he was a prisoner to them. We set him free from the prison and he began to live. We are cautious, our house is allergy safe for him, and he'll ask what's in something before he ingests it. Other than that, we don't allow worrying about it to consume us like it did.

I guess he prepared us for the life threatening emergencies that were to come with Anakin over this past year.

Thanks for the update and pictures from the HOB! Love seeing all the pictures of everyone that made it to the HOB and the DIS meet! So happy that you got to meet up with Judy and her family again! Maybe one of these days, we'll get to meet them too!

Thanks for the update and pictures from the HOB! Love seeing all the pictures of everyone that made it to the HOB and the DIS meet! So happy that you got to meet up with Judy and her family again! Maybe one of these days, we'll get to meet them too!

Glad you enjoyed them! It was an awesome evening! I hope you all get the opportunity to meet someday too!

This picture from last Friday came out a little brighter, but the flash did funky things.

P1010491.jpg

Saturday began with CSR magic and Anakin helped!

He wanted to swim so badly the night before. But it got late too fast. Grumpy arrived at the resort safely after the football game. He needed help finding his way to the room. Before he got there, we had the privileged of showing smileycrissy around CSR. We promised him if he woke up early enough, we’d take him swimming in the morning.

He woke up at 9:50. We had just enough time to get into swimming suits and head out for the opening ceremony of the pool!! He was the only kid there who knew about the ceremony. He couldn’t wait! The rest all had to be coaxed to help.

P1010493.jpg

After the ceremony we all headed over to the jaguar slide!! (It’s one of the best resort slides on property!) There was a new addition to the slide. There was now a red light and green light to tell you when to go. At first it didn’t work and the life guard had to manually change it. Then it began to work on it’s own. It worked a handful of times before just blinking continuously red.

stoplight.jpg

The life guard said it was very new. He last worked three days before and it wasn’t there.

After swimming we went to Old Key West.

P1010502.jpg

We ate at Olivia’s, but totally forgot to take pics of the food.

I love this family pic! Look at those fall decorations! Beautiful!

Anakin was absolutely thrilled that the gords and pumpkins were not glued down. He thought that was the coolest thing. I think he might have done some rearranging of his own.

Thanks! It's rare to get the 4 of us together, so another very cherished picture and memory!!

Sea World was our next destination! I had Anakin’s Obi Wan Kanobi costume shirt in the car. We went to Spooktacular the first weekend in October. It was really nice, though we saw a cut in people and trick or treat stops over the previous year’s. Anakin loves to get the candy, though I threw away last year’s a couple weeks ago. I found it hidden in the back of the pantry. Since we limit him to one sugar snack a day, they had to get hidden out of sight. Out of sight, out of mind.

The first weekend we were parked right by the entrance. This weekend, no such luck! We were parked back the Renaissance Resort. The tram was there right away to take us. The wheel chair was a tight squeeze on the tram, and very heavy on my husband’s legs. I think his legs were going numb upon arrival.

The advantage to arriving from this area was that we got to actually see the entrance of Sea World!! We have never seen this area!! It’s very attractive!

P1010503.jpg

P1010504.jpg

There are prominent signs about coolers. These are fairly new. We noticed them a couple weeks ago.

P1010505.jpg

There was a big bird at the entrance. I don’t know my fowl. Maybe an osprey?

P1010506.jpg

I am so glad that we stopped at guest services before proceeding to Spooktacular. We got Sea World’s version of a GAC. One of the guest service representatives gave Goofy a bag and said this will probably come in handy. I assumed it was just an empty bag for candy. It wasn’t!! It was a bag filled with candy! That was such a wonderful surprise!

The entrance to Spooktacular was spooktacularly crowded!!

P1010508.jpg

Grumpy suggested we try later or just skip it since he already has a bag of candy. But Anakin would have nothing to do with that idea!! He was there to Trick or Treat and by golly that was what he was going to do! We were handed bags and off to Trick or Treat we went!

We couldn’t tell the difference between people just standing and those in line. So we had to ask. Once asked, people were very verbal who actually WERE in lines. It was tough navigating in the sea of people, strollers, wheelchairs and ECVs. We ended up bonding with the people in front and behind us in line. It was a good thing. We stuck together to stay in line. So many people tried to just jump in and not wait. Each Trick or Treat station was marked by a jellyfish umbrella. Each station gave out 1 piece of candy per person.

Picture of umbrella from 2 weeks ago
P1010216.jpg

As we moved along, the crowds thinned out.

P1010509.jpg

We hadn’t discovered the water orchestra last time, but noticed it this time. There were several “drums” to beat. Each one controlled a different series of fountains!

P1010513.jpg

P1010517.jpg

The stadium wasn’t very full at all.

P1010515.jpg

After completing every trick or treat stop, the consensus was to see the Unicorn Tang in the Shark area. We had forgotten a promise to Anakin a couple weeks ago, that next time he could feed the sharks. He did not forget and held us to it!!

Getting in line to purchase the food, a woman was crying hysterically. She had lost her child inside the shark building. Her parents were searching inside and she came outside to search. The place was so crowded and there were children everywhere. The person selling the fish called security to report it. The woman was right beside me and so distraught and telling me what happened and what he looks like. I tried to calm her. Thankfully, while she was trying to find a picture in her bag, her mother came out with news that the child was found!! He had been inside the building just feet away from them.

This was the perfect segway to remind Anakin how important it is for him to stay with us.

P1010518.jpg

P1010522.jpg

Washing hands afterwards

P1010524.jpg

P1010523.jpg

P1010527-1.jpg

P1010525.jpg

We viewed the sharks,

(picture from 2 weeks ago)
P1010259.jpg

then headed out of the park passing the pearl divers

(picture from 2 weeks ago)
P1010265.jpg

back to CSR to rest before the campfire!

Wow it was spooktacularly busy.

Isn't amazing how kids always remember promises you make them but seldom remember the ones they make?

That poor woman and her lost child. I would have been totally freaking out.

I love the pearl diver, that is really cool.

I meant to mention I love the family picture.

Awesome update!! Never been to Sea World's halloween thingie, maybe one year we can go :) Goofy and Grumpy look like twins with their shirts!!! :)

Wow it was spooktacularly busy.

Isn't amazing how kids always remember promises you make them but seldom remember the ones they make?

That poor woman and her lost child. I would have been totally freaking out.

I love the pearl diver, that is really cool.

I meant to mention I love the family picture.

The funny thing, there was nobody eating at the restaurants. Everyone we walked by was empty! Guess they were filling up on candy, lol!

Both our kids are pretty good on their word being their word.

It took all I had not to cry along with her! I have lost Anakin a couple times in stores which is why I don't take him shopping alone unless he is in the wheelchair. He bolts. It's just not safe for him.

Thanks! I am getting better at asking people if they'd mind taking a picture. I'm usually the one taking all the pictures.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter