Disney distinguished voice talents

La Stilla

Mouseketeer
So, I was thinking baout the voice actors who appear more frequently... Sure there is Belle's voice, and Meg's and Ariel's and so on...who sound lovely but I don't know if they appeared in any other Disney film, since they were leads and iconic of their voices.

I really love Frollo's voice (Tony Jay, also in Beauty and the Beast)
I am amazed at David Ogden Stiers 's talent too (who was Cogsworth and the narrator in B&B, how very different he sounds!). He was also in HoND as the Archdeacon and in Lilo & Stich as far as I know.
Maleficient voice actress was also the Lady Tremaine from Cinderella, and her nam was Eleanor Audley.
Disney sometimes draws inspiration from the person who is voicing the character and the animators give a similar, or if not similar, but something of the person's face and appearence.
Kathryn Beamont was Wendy & Alice too.
Verna Falton is another familiar voice that we heard more than once, she starred in "Sleeping Beauty", "Cinderella", which is her most recognized work as the Fairy Godmother, Alice in Wonderland as the Queen of Hearts, Lady & the Tramp, as the dog hating cat loving aunt , etc, etc...
Pat Carroll starred as Ursula in "The little mermaid", and also as her sister in the sequel.

...And many other talents.
Share some of your favorites thru the years.

Usually when a Voice Actor is one of the leads, especially a PRincess, they will save them only for that role. There are so many great voice actors in Disney films, though I think that one of the greatest is Phil Harris - the voice of Baloo(Jungle Book), Thomas O'Malley (Aristocats), and Little John (Robin Hood). Also, one of the most prolific, though not always in the features, is June Foray, who did a lot of non-Disney animation as well, but you probably know her best as Magica De Spell on Duck Tales, though she worked for Disney as far back as Cinderella, as Lucifer the cat!

Not a Disney voice actor but did anyone see that Disney Superfan Impressionist Brian Hull is taking over for Adam Sandler in the next Hotel Transylvania?

Sterling Holloway did many voices for Disney Animation. Winston Hibler was the narrator for most of the Wonderful World of Disney and the nature films.

When you make a Disney movie you always want to find the best celebrity voice talent for character voices because they really bring the character to life. Take for instance comedian Dave Foley from Newsradio was chosen to voice Flik in A Bug's Life because if you watched Newsradio and saw Dave Foley on it you see his comic side and that's probably why they cast him as Flik and in A Bug's Life you can see Flik's behavior and comic talent is based on Dave Foley. And that role alone gave Dave Foley his big break as a voice actor who voiced Wayne in Disney's Prep And Landing. Another actor who's well known was Jerry Orbach and he not only voiced Lumiere but also Aladdin's dad Cassim in Aladdin And The King Of Theives

Does the princes's voices appear in other roles as well? Just curious.

I think they keep the Princesses pretty much in their role, however they do reprise them often, like in Ralph Breaks the Internet - they got all of the original voices that were possible.

One who has multiple roles in Ming-Na Wen. She was Mulan but has also done live-action work for Disney and is not voicing her Star Wars character, Fennec Shand, in anaimation as well.

I think they keep the Princesses pretty much in their role, however they do reprise them often, like in Ralph Breaks the Internet - they got all of the original voices that were possible.

One who has multiple roles in Ming-Na Wen. She was Mulan but has also done live-action work for Disney and is not voicing her Star Wars character, Fennec Shand, in anaimation as well.
Sorry I meant princes...like Erik, Beast, Phillip etc.

Ming-Na Wen, who only did voice work in Mulan, went on to take on roles in as part of Marvel and The Mandalorian.

Last edited:
Sorry Brian! Didn't see your post before I wrote about Ming-Na too.

How Susan Egan got cast as Megara in Hercules is surprising to me because she was Belle in Beauty And The Beast The Broadway Musical and the way she brought Megara to life was so full of fun and humor. I also find it shocking that Susan Egan went on to be the new voice for Belle and her Belle voice is just as great as Paige O'Hara's was

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter