Disney + discount

disney cast members can get the bundle for free. Hulu,espn and Disney plus. They just have to give up their guests free tickets. Terrible deal unless you never bring guests in.

That must be why my DD didn’t mention! We already subscribe to those services and she uses her free tickets for sure!

OK - I did that and I do not qualify. The one year off is a promotion for new customers, however it will be available to their "valued existing customers" on 11/12/2019 at $6.99 per month or $69 for one year.
I've been a Verizon customer for years, and since I have one of their Unlimited plans, I was able to get the free year applied to my Disney+ account. I had already taken advantage of the D23 2-year offer, so the Verizon 1 year free starts now, and at the end of the 1 year, then my 2 years that I pre-purchased kicks in. I don't have to pay again until Nov 2022! Yay!

OK - I did that and I do not qualify. The one year off is a promotion for new customers, however it will be available to their "valued existing customers" on 11/12/2019 at $6.99 per month or $69 for one year.
I’m an existing Verizon customer and has been pre-Verizon. I qualified for the free year of Disney+. I think they meant new to Disney+. Look under your account on the app under entertainment. If you have unlimited, it should be there.

I’m an existing Verizon customer and has been pre-Verizon. I qualified for the free year of Disney+. I think they meant new to Disney+. Look under your account on the app under entertainment. If you have unlimited, it should be there.

I have been with verizon for 42 years, mostly just phone, about 6-8 years ago, went with fios tv/phone/ internet bundle. I don't get it free, I checked with them was told no. Only current WIRELESS customers or new fios and wireless can get it for free. I'd love to be wrong and get it free.

Hi - Thanks I do not have that. The info I got was straight from a Verizon rep, as I posted my account did not qualify.

As an FYI - for anyone that missed out of the Disney Visa offer like myself... Rakuten (the new name for ebates) is offering $10 cash back on Disney +. I just signed up that way - yayy! I have it now and within minutes my kids were watching it.

I did get it free as a current wireless customer.with an unlimited plan So now, I am set for 4 years since I got the D23 deal when it was offered

Hi - Thanks I do not have that. The info I got was straight from a Verizon rep, as I posted my account did not qualify.

As an FYI - for anyone that missed out of the Disney Visa offer like myself... Rakuten (the new name for ebates) is offering $10 cash back on Disney +. I just signed up that way - yayy! I have it now and within minutes my kids were watching it.

You don’t qualify because you don’t have the unlimited data plan, you have the large data plan. My MIL is a current customer with the unlimited plan, so she gets a year for free. We have a 6GB plan, so we don’t qualify. It has nothing to do with new versus old customer despite what the Verizon rep told you. S/he was mistaken. You must have the unlimited data plan, which you do not.

I considered going to unlimited data, but we are actually trying to be on our phones less. Also, it’s very expensive for two of us to be on the unlimited plan because we don’t qualify for any additional discounts through Verizon.

You don’t qualify because you don’t have the unlimited data plan, you have the large data plan.
Yes I am aware of this LOL. This is what I keep saying.

To be clear, I was not sure what kind of plan I had and if I could get the free year. So I contacted Verizon and they told me that no, I do not have unlimited, so I did not qualify. But if I wanted to sign up for Unlimited and be "new" to it, I could qualify. Or I could wait for 11/12 and order it at regular rate just like anyone else. So even after I posted this people were still posting to me "you can get it if you are unlimited" so I am saying, no I can't because I do not have unlimited. Sorry I was not totally clear in the way I communicated this. :)

But I did sign up for it this morning through Rakuten and got $10 cash back in my Rakuten account. So that's not too bad. I am just happy to have it! No more FOMO!

Last edited:
Yes I am aware of this LOL. This is what I keep saying.

To be clear, I was not sure what kind of plan I had and if I could get the free year. So I contacted Verizon and they told me that no, I do not have unlimited, so I did not qualify. But if I wanted to sign up for Unlimited and be "new" to it, I could qualify. Or I could wait for 11/12 and order it at regular rate just like anyone else. So even after I posted this people were still posting to me "you can get it if you are unlimited" so I am saying, no I can't because I do not have unlimited. Sorry I was not totally clear in the way I communicated this. :)

But I did sign up for it this morning through Rakuten and got $10 cash back in my Rakuten account. So that's not too bad. I am just happy to have it! No more FOMO!

I wish I qualified for some type of discount which would make the unlimited plan feasible. As it stands, it’s just so darn expensive.

I wish I qualified for some type of discount which would make the unlimited plan feasible. As it stands, it’s just so darn expensive.
It's crazy expensive. My verizon bill just went up in September, and I worked hard with a rep trying to get my bill down and convert to a new plan, and I had to give up a couple channels (TBS was one). So I do not want to go to unlimited and have the bill go up. To buy Disney+ on it's own would be less expensive annually. I can't believe how expensive it has gotten to have Fios.

I wish I had done the Disney Visa offer when it came up, I did not do it and now it's expired. I have not signed up yet and I think I want to get it now.

What is the Verizon offer? I have both Verizon wireless for my cell phone service and Verizon Home (Fios). Will I automatically get it or do I have to call and ask?
You have to have an unlimited data plan

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!