Disney Dining Show #2....

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by hertamaniac, Aug 30, 2017.

1. bluecruiser

bluecruiser DIS Veteran

soniam likes this.
  2. disneysteve

disneysteve DIS meet junkie

I'm enjoying these shows but the one comment I'd make is that there is a tremendous amount of background noise which makes it hard to hear the people talking. Is there any way you can use a different mic to capture the voices better?

3. Avatar

Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  4. 999_Happy_Haunts

999_Happy_Haunts Been There, Done That Since 1972

I assume that the crew is trying to be as unobtrusive as possible, and as a result, they are "filming" these pretty low tech. No doubt they have different and better equipment that would filter out noise, but toting that equipment around probably cuts against the idea of doing a casual review. Not to mention the fact that when Disney spots "professional" equipment being used inside the parks, they get a bit defensive.

disneysteve likes this.
  5. disneysteve

I had the same thought. They can't go in there with big boom mics and such but maybe some little clip on that wouldn't attract undue attention.

6. Monykalyn

Monykalyn DIS Veteran

I really enjoy the dining shows (including the vlogs)
    However-everyone on the podcasts are longtime regulars at the parks and I feel the jaded view points are sometimes off putting. It would be awesome to also have a newcomer or first timer give their thoughts on whether the meal was good, worth it etc. Especially for some of the hard to get ADRs -does a first timer to Ohana or BOG dinner think the effort and money worth it?

7. disneysteve

A lot of people suggest some variation of this. Personally, I have no interest in hearing reviews from complete strangers, especially first-timers. I've got no point of reference when listening to a stranger's review, and they have no point of reference to know if a particular place is better or worse than other options. I'd much rather hear the voices of experience. Was the meal good? Is it as good as it used to be? Is it worth the cost? Are there better choices on property for a similar experience?

Raeven and bamagoofy like this.