Disney Dining Plan Poll

What should be done with the Disney Dining Plan?

• Keep it! It's great!!

• Keep it but make changes to it

• Get rid of it ASAP! It's ruining Disney Dining Experiences..

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the plan. We always have it...It makes the vacation feel all-inclusive...I do wish they would let us choice between appetizer and desserts....that's my only issue...

At least get rid of the Basic Plan. Keep the QS and maybe the deluxe (at a higher price) or higher plans.

We loved the TS meals and were not happy with the CS options in the parks. The CS deserts options... ugh... I would have rathered a bottle of water than the desert.

Now a plan where we could get:
-- 2 TS and 2 snacks would be great!!
-- A choice of appitzer or dessert for TS meals

That would be ideal for us. TS Breakfast and dinner. 2 snacks during the day. If we really wanted something to eat midway through the day, then we pay OOP for a meal.

We enjoyed the meal plan in November while there but I believe they need to have some changes as well. I don't think that we would ever pay for this option but as long as we travel while it's free we loved it.

DP used to include gratuity. Add that back in. Ability to have appetizer or desert at TS. Get rid of those bad QS deserts and add in another snack.

My thoughts exactly! There are many times that I would have preferred an appetizer over a dessert. Some of the CS desserts are ok (at the resorts that have bakeries etc.) but most I would not miss at all.

Now a plan where we could get:
-- 2 TS and 2 snacks would be great!!
-- A choice of appitzer or dessert for TS meals

That would be ideal for us. TS Breakfast and dinner. 2 snacks during the day. If we really wanted something to eat midway through the day, then we pay OOP for a meal.

i agree

I don't really care what they do with the basic plan. It doesn't work for us, and if the choice were between that or no dining plan at all we'd pay OOP.

We love the deluxe plan as-is. It gives the trip an "all inclusive" feel and takes the guesswork out of budgeting for meals, and it gives us permission to order in ways we never would if we were thinking about costs. I don't want to see anything about the DxDDP change (though of course I'm willing to accept price increases up to a point).

I would like to see a better alcohol plan, though. Bottles of wine don't work for us because DH isn't a wine drinker and I sometimes prefer a cocktail, but we'd love to see a more flexible plan that would allow us to add on one alcoholic drink per adult at our dinners.

I agree with everything you have said. WE LOVE the deluxe plan and want it to stay as is. I don't care about the basic plan at all as it just doesn't work for our family.

I would love to see an alcohol add-on to the deluxe plan as well. The winbe plan is great, but I'd like one that included mixed drinks and beer as well. I would definitely pay $$ for that! It shouldn't be that hard for WDW to put into effect. They sell the exact same mixed drinks property-wide. They even have the same drink books at every restuarant. They could include all basic dinks and make certain premium things like Patron or Grey Goose an upcharge.

I would like to see a snacks only plan added to the options. Snacks are great for large families who split up then meet for meals. That way, the parents can assume no one is walking around hungry or thirsty. The snacks are actually my favorite part of the DDP and I've done the Deluxe plan 2x.

At least get rid of the Basic Plan. Keep the QS and maybe the deluxe (at a higher price) or higher plans.

I'm not sure how much higher they could price the plan and still sell it (unless they continue the pattern of accompanying increases in menu prices). There has to be a certain discount factor to convince people to assume the risk of pre-paying; if the pricing offers so little savings that it just takes a missed meal or two due to a stomach bug or a flight delay or bad weather or any of unpredictable things that sometimes happen when traveling, vacationers are going to be much less likely to see any advantage in buying a plan.

By my math, the basic plan is already near that point - the average TS cost for the 6 one credit meals (counting only character meals and lunch/dinners) on my plans for March is $28. That leaves $18 in additional value to squeeze out of the CS and snack credits just to break even, and one missed ADR for unforeseen circumstances would mean losing money on the plan.

I don't care what Disney does with it but I know I do not wish to use it. I'm going to make an attempt to patronize restaurants that don't accept it.

There are lots of prior discussions as to why a choice between appetizer and dessert will not be offered on the basic plan (they have legitimate business reasons for that) and as to why swapping your dessert for an appetizer is strictly prohibited.

We are going this May on Free dining for the first time. I haven't used the plan but I am already guessing the issues I will have. Like the dessert vs appitizer issue and the tip issue. Ihad considered buying the basic DP years ago when it was all-inclusive but hesitated due to cost. I can now say without a doubt we would prefer the basic DP to disappear and the quality of food return.

I wish they'd do a point system. Say you could purchase 100 points and the snacks, QS and TS meals were assigned a value. So you could do anything two TS a day or all QS, the points would just be deducted as you use them.

We use it every trip but would love to see two changes:
1. Give an option of either an appetizer or a dessert.
2. Include an appetizer with signature meals which makes the 2 credits closer to being worth it.

I wish they'd do a point system. Say you could purchase 100 points and the snacks, QS and TS meals were assigned a value. So you could do anything two TS a day or all QS, the points would just be deducted as you use them.

You should submit this idea to Disney, I think it's great. Furthermore, I think the points should also vary by restaurant. I don't think a TS at Beaches should count the same as a TS at Tutto Italia. That's absolute madness.

You should submit this idea to Disney, I think it's great. Furthermore, I think the points should also vary by restaurant. I don't think a TS at Beaches should count the same as a TS at Tutto Italia. That's absolute madness.

If they start breaking it down based on menu prices, there would be no advantage to the plan from a consumer's POV - no savings, and a need to budget points the same way you'd budget paying OOP. Paying cash would achieve the same thing without the complexity of buying, understanding, and using a package plan.

If they start breaking it down based on menu prices, there would be no advantage to the plan from a consumer's POV - no savings, and a need to budget points the same way you'd budget paying OOP. Paying cash would achieve the same thing without the complexity of buying, understanding, and using a package plan.

I don't completely agree. You can have a tier system of restaurants, Tier 1 would include places like Beaches, The Plaza, Rose & Crown, as examples. Tier 2 would then include the finer dining establishments. You would still save a lot of money but wouldn't get completely hammered if you went to an inexpensive place.

If you want to substitute an app for a dessert, you can give up a few points.

If you want an alcoholic beverage, you can give up a few points.

Snacks are given a point value per day and if they go unused, you can use the points towards other meals.

I think its pure brilliance.

Thanks. Last trip we did DXDP and it was too much(and trust me I can eat). In March we are doing Basic and that isn't quite enough. With a couple of Signatures I'm going to have some OOP. I like doing the DP though because it is prepaid and feels all-inclusive. So say they did it snack 2, QS 5, TS 10 and Signature 20. As I plan my trip and make my ADRs it would be nice to say ok I need 70 points for dinners.

I'd like to see the options for DDP changed altogether. Perhaps something rather like the Applebees menu when you get appetizer and 2 entrees for $25 off a more limited menu. Since Disney is no longer in the business of fine dining and all the food is rather Applebees like in quality, why not go to a separate menu for DDP and allow those of us who prefer better food the choice to pay for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter