Disney Dining Plan calculator - Amazing Tool!!!

SPHB ILU

Earning My Ears
Hey everyone! I found a great tool online for calculating the best Disney Dining Plan for me (and you)! These people I subscribe to on YouTube just uploaded a video explaining this CRAZY spreadsheet they have! You put in where you are going to eat and some other things like adults and kids and how much you tip and stuff and it shows you how much you should budget for meals if paying cash and shows how much you save or lose with each Disney Dining Plan. It's AMAZING!!!!!!!!! (oh and for you lucky people who can get Tables in Wonderland it does that too!)

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDgzoJLI8&list=UUkY9dkUEV93HxeRkD456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http:/www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Of course it is free! I just had to share this because I found out that by not getting a Dining Plan I am going to spend $150 less on food!!! More money for souvenirs!

Greatest tool EVER!! :banana:

I can't get any of the drop down menus using Numbers. I will have to wait until I can use my husband's laptop. It is a very elaborate spreadsheet, can't wait to play with it.

Good info, thanks!

Now to kill some serious time running different scenarios.....:rolleyes1

:cool1: It verified what I thought - the DDP does not work for us; we are not big dessert eaters, especially after a meal. I would prefer an ice cream later on in the evening (while waiting for the bus back to the resort!).

It said that even if we don't get dessert with every lunch and dinner, we are better off with the DDP simply because we have so many expensive ADRs scheduled.

Love this! Thanks! We're on the fence for our next trip. We've done the traditional plan the last few years, but with the price increase we wonder if it's worth it. I just plugged in all of the restaurants from our last trip, and there was a $4 difference between the plan and OOP. Not the 15-20% savings we'd hope for, but the conveniece is always nice.

It's really accurate... I had already did the Math for our ADR and other food selections and it is the same as what I calculated.

If we were paying full price for Dining plan (we are not part of the stay, dine play package) we would basically break even (we will save $20 but we would not normally get all the snacks, but hey this way we will get many awesome tasty snacks!)

THAT ROCKS! Wow. I have been trying to convince my DH that we don't need the dining plan, but putting in all of our ADR's, the dining plan actually saves us over $200, guess I was wrong...:blush:

The only time the dining plan is ever a great deal is when it is free. However, we have not it in years....

Thanks for the post. Looks like a great tool. I'll have to wait and try it at work I guess. I can get it all working but for dinner drop down. There is none on the file when I use Open Office on my MAC. Hopefully it works on my PC with Excel. The other columns work great.

SPHB ILU said:
Hey everyone! I found a great tool online for calculating the best Disney Dining Plan for me (and you)! These people I subscribe to on YouTube just uploaded a video explaining this CRAZY spreadsheet they have! You put in where you are going to eat and some other things like adults and kids and how much you tip and stuff and it shows you how much you should budget for meals if paying cash and shows how much you save or lose with each Disney Dining Plan. It's AMAZING!!!!!!!!! (oh and for you lucky people who can get Tables in Wonderland it does that too!)

The video is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMDgzoJLI8&list=UUkY9dkUEV93HxeRkD456VJg&index=1

The website with the file is here: http:/www.seeyareelsoon.wix.com/seeyareelsoon

Of course it is free! I just had to share this because I found out that by not getting a Dining Plan I am going to spend $150 less on food!!! More money for souvenirs!

Greatest tool EVER!! :banana:

Thanks.. Can't wait see how it comes out...

Thanks for sharing the link, OP!
OOP is $433 cheaper than the DDP. That pays for a good bit of a MYW ticket or the cost of a flight.

AngiTN said:
Thanks for the post. Looks like a great tool. I'll have to wait and try it at work I guess. I can get it all working but for dinner drop down. There is none on the file when I use Open Office on my MAC. Hopefully it works on my PC with Excel. The other columns work great.

Same here...doesn't work in numbers on a Mac either. We have two PCs in the house so ill try there tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

What do you open this with? My computer won't open it. :confused3
It opened in Excel on my computer.

I thinks it's a great tool but the video tutorial was like nails on a chalkboard to listen to. I had physics professors who were more interesting! But it was worth the time it took to sit through the video in order learn how to use it.

It looks like I would save under $75 by going OOP vs. getting the DDP for the trip that I have planned. If I were to get the TiW card, the difference changes to around $250. That includes the cost of the card. Looks like I'll be picking up a TiW card in the fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!