Disney Dining - Not So Good?

I haven't been in a few years, but my filet mignon @ Le Cellier has always been so tender you could cut it like butter.
My son had the filet and really liked it. Everyone else was disappointed in something though.

I might be revealing my lower middle class birth here but I have enjoyed almost everything I have eaten at WDW some more than others for example living here in Kansas City I have a rather low view of Le Cellier. But the food is OK and know why? I am on vacation. To stay healthy I walk 12 miles a day and hit the gym 4 days a week and count calories. When I go to Florida for 2 weeks I eat what I want, when I want (when my 17 year old isn't watching) and everything just tastes better.

Agreed. In our early trips, pre dining plans, meals were very good and a big part of the overall experience. Now the prices keep going up while the quality goes down. These days, we only eat to stay alive. Dining is sadly no longer a highlight for us.

Last edited:
We do a lot of table service dining at WDW (usually about 20 - 25 of them in a 10 day trip) and I've never had a really bad meal. The buffets aside, they are pretty typical buffets and not where I go for exceptional food, but more so the experience, I have several must repeat restaurants every trip. I wouldn't say the food is outstanding (with a few exceptions... Yachtsman comes to mind) but it's always good to very good and I'm never disappointed.

I think it’s possible to go on a trip and be disappointed overall with your dining experience. In 2008 and 2009, we had trips where it seemed like most of our meals just weren’t good.

My last couple of trips (10/16 and 9/17) the food was pretty good, but 10/16 was the first one I’d taken since they started charging for no-shows. I found making it to ADRs too stressful with the pressure of being charged $10 per person if we were too late or couldn’t make it. I was with toddlers both trips.

I made only two ADRs in 2017, and we ate more at non-ADR restaurants in the Swan & Dolphin and at Yak & Yeti.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter