Disney Designer Dolls

Crossing my fingers that all of you hoping to get Mulan tomorrow are able to get her!!! It seems that they are selling out quicker and quicker each week. So good luck to you all! :)

Totally agree with that! These dolls are going fast! I'm considering getting a mug... not sure. We'll see :) The journals are a little pricey and I don't have a use for one right now. I do love the post it notes but they aren't available at my disney store and shipping to canada from the disney store online for just the post it notes is too high!

Crossing my fingers that all of you hoping to get Mulan tomorrow are able to get her!!! It seems that they are selling out quicker and quicker each week. So good luck to you all! :)

Thank you! I think I might need to cross all my fingers and toes! :) I wasn't even thinking of the mugs or journals but I find myself eyeing them too now. LOL

Totally agree with that! These dolls are going fast! I'm considering getting a mug... not sure. We'll see :) The journals are a little pricey and I don't have a use for one right now. I do love the post it notes but they aren't available at my disney store and shipping to canada from the disney store online for just the post it notes is too high!

Me and DS5 recently started to collect the Disney trading pins. We don't really have a desire to trade, we just buy ones that we really want and put them in shadow boxes. But I want to keep track of the ones we have, with the Pin Pics number, year it came out, where we got it, stuff like that. So I thought that journal would be nice for that. Really I think I just want it and need to find an excuse to use it LOL ;)

As a tech geek who's waited in line for things like iPads, iPhones and even the Touchpad then I've seen these "hard to find" products bring out the worst in people.

I need to get Rapunzel for my daughter but she is likely to be the last so My fear is that the popularity of these things for resale is growing and by the time Rapunzel is available then the lines will be more scalpers than collectors.

BTW. Anyone know what time online sales start? The wife would love Mulan so I'll head to the store at 830 but if I could buy online I'd prefer to do that.

As a tech geek who's waited in line for things like iPads, iPhones and even the Touchpad then I've seen these "hard to find" products bring out the worst in people.

I need to get Rapunzel for my daughter but she is likely to be the last so My fear is that the popularity of these things for resale is growing and by the time Rapunzel is available then the lines will be more scalpers than collectors.

BTW. Anyone know what time online sales start? The wife would love Mulan so I'll head to the store at 830 but if I could buy online I'd prefer to do that.

When Ariel came out I checked at right after midnight and it was not online, but then when I got up at 6:30 to get my son ready for school it was on there. So sometime between those times.

Anyone know if they will be making those scarves for each princess?? They are so pretty, and I sure wouldn't mind an Ariel one!! I bought the Ariel scarf that came out when her new DL ride came out and I LOVE it. But it sure was a whole lot cheaper that these :( this Designer Collection is so pricey!!

So its 1:35 AM here and Im actually staying up to buy the next disney doll. I have not bought any of them and yet and it kills me. Im NOT going to miss this one!!! lol yes I am obsessed. :)

I was up at 5:30 am and Mulan was on sale so I managed to get her before getting ready for work! :)

Those scarves are gorgeous, I'd like to see any other designs too if they have them.

I think Mulan is sold out now online, I tried.

It says "select stores" get them - what does that mean LOL?! Closest store to me is an hour away, I hate to drive that far and find they don't have them.

I was up at 5:30 am and Mulan was on sale so I managed to get her before getting ready for work! :)

Those scarves are gorgeous, I'd like to see any other designs too if they have them.

:woohoo: Glad you got her!

I think Mulan is sold out now online, I tried.

It says "select stores" get them - what does that mean LOL?! Closest store to me is an hour away, I hate to drive that far and find they don't have them.

WOW!! I went and checked just to see and yes she is sold out!!! That is insane. So glad Ariel already came out and I got her cause if she was one of the last ones I don't think I'd have a chance of getting her with as fast as they are selling now.
On the Disney Store facebook page it had a list of all the stores carrying the dolls. Cause not every one of them does. You might check there to see the list. Otherwise I'm not sure where to find out.

Mulan now is sold out?!?! This isn't a good sign for legitimate collectors because Mulan is one of the less popular princesses yet previous characters lasted FAR longer than a 5AM sellout. Im worried that the ebay crowd is hoarding on these now and if thats the case then we're in trouble...

I got up at 3am EST and got Mulan at 3:30am. I am so upset that I missed Ariel. Our power was out so I could not get her online and our local Disney Store doesn't carry these dolls. Ariel is my daughters favorite. I posted on the facebook Disney Store page that I have a Cinderella and a Belle that I could trade for an Ariel, but of course no takers :sad2:. I do not want to pay the crazy ebay prices. I wish I knew someone in Canada or the UK that could buy her for me and have her shipped to me.

Cannot believe Mulan sold out so fast! I think there should be a 1 limit to be honest. You know for sure there will be a whole bunch popping up on Ebay shortly.

Did get mine, however, now have to wait for her to get here, Disney shipping is so slow!

Not sure I want to have to get up by 5am every Monday morning!!! Hope it doesn't get to the point where I have to be up by 3am to get the doll. Total insanity.

Well I stayed up refreshing my webpage till about 2:15 am cst until I fell asleep. I woke up this morning to see that she is SOLD OUT! :eek: So I pulled out my computer and called the closest Disney Stores to my area (which is 4 hours away) and found a location that had 4 of the dolls and were willing to ship it to me. I was so relieved. The CM put me on hold and I got disconnected. It took me 5 mins before they answered again and they had 1 left. I paid for it and they said she'd be on her way today. Shipping was $10.95. Definitely try calling some Disney Stores close by if anyone missed out on her online. It's worth a shot :thumbsup2

On the one hand, I want to say: "Unbelieveable!" But it is believeable, given the trends set by the Ariel and Belle dolls. It appears that Mulan sold out online in a matter of a few hours! I hope it doesn't get any worse for the remaining 6 dolls for the actual collectors out there, because this is terrible!

It appears to me that a few things are going on here: 1.) Collectors are submitting their purchase orders more quickly out of fear that they won't be able to get the dolls, 2.) the eBay-type sellers have realized that the dolls are in demand with limited availability and buying the dolls en masse (if you go on eBay, it's pretty easy to pick out which sellers bought multiple dolls for sale, because their listings are all identical, pictures, wording, and all), and 3.) I am also assuming that Disney may be distributing a few more dolls to the stores that are selling them, either in their initial shipments or in a secondary shipment a few days after release.

I wish Disney's online store could somehow recognize duplicate shipping addresses or payment cards in relation to the dolls, and then hold people to only 2 dolls per household. I am convinced that the people buying to only turn a profit (I'm not talking about someone who collects one and buys a second to maybe sell), are placing one order after another online.

Congrats to all of you who were able to get Mulan. :( Sorry to those who didn't. This is crazy how fast they sell out. I just hate those money hungry ebay people who are stocking up on them.

Mulan now is sold out?!?! This isn't a good sign for legitimate collectors because Mulan is one of the less popular princesses yet previous characters lasted FAR longer than a 5AM sellout. Im worried that the ebay crowd is hoarding on these now and if thats the case then we're in trouble...

Got up at 5am this morning and purchased our Mulan. One thing I thought that I would bring up is that Mulan was LE 6,000 where as Cinderalla, Ariel, and Belle were LE 8,000. Not all the princesses will have the same # available. From the Disney folks that I have spoke to, the LE will range from 4,000 to 8,000. So with the lower # for Mulan, that probably had a part to do w/ the quicker sellout. So be warned!

I agree, that Disneystore should be limiting 1 per household. The scalpers and ebayers are out of control. When Belle sold out, I checked e-bay and there were a bunch of Cinderellas, Ariels, & Belles along with some pre-sells for Mulan. The prices were anywhere from $100 - $600, with the most common bids at $250-$300. Really!? :headache:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter