• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Disney Designer Dolls

Hi everyone. I got my Ariel and Cinderella today by mail. I guess I should feel really fortunate. I was at D23 and got to see all of the dolls in person there. I decided that Ariel and Cinderella were the only ones I was really interested in buying and they just happened to be the first two out.

Anyway, when they were on display they were in their boxes but fixed up from how they are delivered. They did not have the plastic backing holding them up, the plastic in their hair and holding pieces down were not there. I know disney had to do it so they didn't look bad on delivery but are you guys opening them up to fix them up like a real display? What kind of doll stands are you using? I guess the standard barbie ones probably work. I know this kills resell value but I plan to keep them and would rather have them looking nice.

Opinions?

Mine came exactly how they were displayed at the store. Where Ariel is posing. So I just came home and put the whole display case on my shelf.

I got the incredibly expensive jacket. Once it got to me it was way too small. I had to return it but of course larger sizes were gone

Grr, that really stinks!!!

The time I saw them was at the preview at Expo D23. This was before any of the releases. I imagine that they took the dolls out of the boxes to set them up. What I'm referring to is the clear plastic that sits behind the doll and the ties and things that keep them in place. I just don't think all that stuff looks good in the case. I'm thinking that I will take them out and put them on a doll stand. Maybe it's just me:confused3

The time I saw them was at the preview at Expo D23. This was before any of the releases. I imagine that they took the dolls out of the boxes to set them up. What I'm referring to is the clear plastic that sits behind the doll and the ties and things that keep them in place. I just don't think all that stuff looks good in the case. I'm thinking that I will take them out and put them on a doll stand. Maybe it's just me:confused3

No, I totally understand where you are coming from on this. The plastic does look a little strange if you look too closely. As a doll collector, myself, I am super tempted to rearrange some of the dolls from the way they are factory-packaged, but of course, one must keep in mind that doing so will destroy their resale value considerably. However, if you plan on keeping them, you should definitely display them as you like. They are there for your enjoyment. Certainly, if I were better at styling doll hair, I would totally take down Aurora's updo so her hair looked more traditional, and I would try to make Belle's updo look like her design sketch.

Oh okay, I understand what you mean. Sorry I wasn't totally clear earlier. I thought you meant it came without the plastic in there. I think at a Hobby Lobby or Micheals you could find a doll stand or different style of display case. I say she's yours so fix her up however you want! :)

I had no idea these would be so popular! I saw cinderella doll last friday and she had been out for 2 weeks so I went home told my fiancee that is what I wanted for my wedding present. I told him to get her soon! He went back a week later and they were all gone! He feels horrible now for telling me I was crazy they would be gone! If anyone has one they would like to sell I would be so greatful as they are very expensive on ebay! It's a shame people do that to people who just want the doll!

Also how much are the mugs? I did not see them at my store.

I had no idea these would be so popular! I saw cinderella doll last friday and she had been out for 2 weeks so I went home told my fiancee that is what I wanted for my wedding present. I told him to get her soon! He went back a week later and they were all gone! He feels horrible now for telling me I was crazy they would be gone! If anyone has one they would like to sell I would be so greatful as they are very expensive on ebay! It's a shame people do that to people who just want the doll!

Also how much are the mugs? I did not see them at my store.

The mugs are going for $10.50 each or 2 for $14... I just picked up a Belle and Mulan today. They also have the journals and I was able to get the Snow White, Belle, Rapunzel and Ariel ones...

This coming Monday Mulan is being released and on the 19th will be Snow White... I CAN'T WAIT!

Not to make excuses for that CM, but they really don't seem to receive reliable information from the corporate distribution department about future shipments of items that have already been officially released. I have asked numerous times about any future plans of Disney to release the Designer Princess mugs again, but I have not ever received any confirmation that Disney plans to do so. I'm glad I got my Snow White mug on eBay before the prices skyrocketed to the present outlandish asking prices ($50-$100 for a single mug that cost $10.50 is way too much!)

Are you still interested in some of the mugs? I went to a local store today and came across quite a few of them... Let me know and I'd be happy to look into it for you. My local store still has journals, mugs, sticky notes and post cards.

Are you still interested in some of the mugs? I went to a local store today and came across quite a few of them... Let me know and I'd be happy to look into it for you. My local store still has journals, mugs, sticky notes and post cards.

Thanks, Lourde! I lucked out with the San Francisco store yesterday. By happy coincidence, I decided to randomly call them at noon to see if they got a new shipment of mugs in, since the eBay market suddenly was flooded with (overpriced) mugs. The manager answered the phone and told me that they just got a shipment in and were unpacking them at that moment. She was kind enough to reserve some mugs for me, so after work I was able to buy a Rapunzel, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, and Jasmine mug, as well as a second back-up Snow White mug (in case I accidentally break my original one!). So I'm pretty much set, except for the remaining yet-to-be-released dolls!

This coming Monday Mulan is being released and on the 19th will be Snow White... I CAN'T WAIT!

Wow, I really hope that Snow White is to be released the Monday after Mulan! That means I'll get my Snow White via UPS a day or two after my birthday! =) Do you mind sharing where you heard that Snow White is scheduled for September 19th?

Thanks, Lourde! I lucked out with the San Francisco store yesterday. By happy coincidence, I decided to randomly call them at noon to see if they got a new shipment of mugs in, since the eBay market suddenly was flooded with (overpriced) mugs. The manager answered the phone and told me that they just got a shipment in and were unpacking them at that moment. She was kind enough to reserve some mugs for me, so after work I was able to buy a Rapunzel, Aurora, Ariel, Cinderella, and Jasmine mug, as well as a second back-up Snow White mug (in case I accidentally break my original one!). So I'm pretty much set, except for the remaining yet-to-be-released dolls!

Lucky you! I wish I'd been smart enough to call and check on new shipments of mugs before we left home today, then I would have begged dh to go way out of the way to the Disney store to pick one up if they'd had some. Hmmm we are going one day next week, I will have to call and see then.

Lucky you! I wish I'd been smart enough to call and check on new shipments of mugs before we left home today, then I would have begged dh to go way out of the way to the Disney store to pick one up if they'd had some. Hmmm we are going one day next week, I will have to call and see then.

I wouldn't worry too much. It seems that the mugs will still be available throughout the full 10 weeks of the doll promotion, especially since they are only available at the retail stores. Since more shipments of the mugs seem to recently be appearing across the nation, that's a really good sign. So, whatever you do, don't fall into the current eBay high-priced traps; patience and persistence can pay off in this case. Just keep tabs with your local store.

I can't believe that people are making so much money off of a mug that they spent $7 each on! I mean, I could have bought a lot more mugs to turn around and sell on eBay for $30+ each, but is just something I personally cannot do to other collectors. I feel that everyone who wants to collect an item should be able to buy it at retail price, if possible. On the other hand, I know that selling marked-up collectibles on eBay is how some people supplement their income, but that is just not something my conscience would allow me to do. Of course, that's also why I'm not anywhere near being wealthy! Lol! I have no business sense!

Before the set was coming out I saw people selling the package for $650 on ebay. Disney was only charging $550. So they wanted people to just hand them an extra $100 for no specific reason... Yeah, seems bad

I heard about these dolls on another company's doll forum the week before they released the first princess for sale. I wasn't too sold on getting any of them, but the more I look at the Mulan doll, the more I really hope I can get her tomorrow. She is my absolute favorite female Disney character. I wouldn't mind having Pocahontas, Tiana and Jasmine as well.

Wow, I really hope that Snow White is to be released the Monday after Mulan! That means I'll get my Snow White via UPS a day or two after my birthday! =) Do you mind sharing where you heard that Snow White is scheduled for September 19th?

I called a store in another state, (I'm from Florida), in search for any of the dolls and found one that had 2 Cinderellas left... of course I purchased them... The lady was really nice over the phone and told me that this week it would be Mulan and the 19th would be Snow White... Hope that helps.

I also went as far as calling the UK and found that they still have all 3 of the dolls available for sale... unfortunately they do not ship out to the US and I don't know anyone who lives out there that I can ask a favor of either... :sad1:

I wonder what the chances of me being able to get an Ariel or Rapunzel journal are....Are the stores getting more shipments of those?? DH asked me if I wanted the journal that first day in the store and I said no cause I figured I wouldn't use it, but now I've thought of a use for it and want one! lol.

I called a store in another state, (I'm from Florida), in search for any of the dolls and found one that had 2 Cinderellas left... of course I purchased them... The lady was really nice over the phone and told me that this week it would be Mulan and the 19th would be Snow White... Hope that helps.

Ah, I see! I really hope that she is right, since Snow White has been my #1 priority for this collection from the start. Well, that, and it's getting ever closer to my birthday... :) So far as I have seen, hints of future release dates have been through that venue, but I hope no one gets in trouble for "spilling the beans."

Mulan? Hurray!!

Fingers crossed I remember tomorrow to go online. I totally forgot about Belle.

Crossing my fingers that all of you hoping to get Mulan tomorrow are able to get her!!! It seems that they are selling out quicker and quicker each week. So good luck to you all! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter