Disney Cruise Line Stateroom Reports

Hi,

I tried to post a stateroom report for room 12504 on the Dream, and while the software reported that it had accepted it, when I tried to display it, I got an error message saying "Variable SHIP is undefined." Not sure what that means, but suspect it's because the stateroom number is so high.

Anyway, here's my report for stateroom 12504 on the Dream:

"This is a “V” category stateroom, described as a “Concierge Family Oceanview w/Verandah”. It’s virtually identical in size and layout to any of the category 4 staterooms, but at what can be twice the price. The difference lies in upgraded amenities, and access to the concierge facilities. Let me describe the stateroom first. This stateroom is all the way forward on the starboard side, right next to the Roy O. Disney Royal Suite. In fact, there’s an access door between the two staterooms so that someone staying in the Roy can also book this stateroom for children or other overflow people. The verandahs can be connected as well, which makes for greater flexibility. (You can also connect this verandah with the one from the one bedroom suite immediately aft, 12506, even though there’s no door connecting the rooms and you'd have to go out into the hallway. They do this to facilitate exterior cleaning, I think.) The view is definitely on the starboard side, not facing the bow, but all the way forward on that side. (This means you’re facing Castaway Cay when in port there.) There is a deck above, Deck 13, and you can occasionally hear footsteps from up there, but as it’s an observation and sunbathing deck, it doesn’t happen very often. You are also right over the most forward of the observation windows in the Quiet Cove, so no noisy neighbours below, either. All told, a quiet, very good location – and, if you’re lucky, you might get invited in to the Roy suite for a tour (we weren’t lucky). Now for the “concierge” part. There are entire discussion threads devoted to whether concierge service is worth the extra money, so I won’t duplicate that discussion here. We found the concierge lounge to be very handy – when it wasn’t overrun with the kids of families staying in concierge rooms. It’s open most of the day (7 a.m. to about 9 p.m., I think), and we kept our stateroom stocked with water and soft drinks from the lounge. There’s a cocktail hour in the evening before each of the two dining sittings, and we had a couple of glasses of champagne each night before dinner. And there’s a private sunbathing deck with a private stairwell from the lounge, which we used, and really enjoyed and generally found to be quiet (except when children from other concierge families were up there). We enjoyed the three dedicated concierge in the lounge, and leaned on them quite a bit. As well, there are a number of wait-staff in the lounge who are also great. As for the upgraded amenities – sheets, towels, robes, nicer soap, hand cream, etc. EH. They’re nice but no big deal. Bigger TV screen was both nice and annoying – nice because it was bigger; annoying because you couldn’t turn it, and so really could only watch from the bed. The rest of the room is the same as cat. 4, so no extra space. Loved the room, loved the stateroom host, Dewa, and would probably spend the extra for the concierge amenities next time – depending on price."

Hope this helps.

** Late addition: There were only two of us in the room, so this is theoretical, but there's a pull-down bed for one from the ceiling (or "overhead" if you want to be picky), plus a pull-out couch that would, I think, sleep two kids. I believe (but cannot vouch) that you could sleep 5 in this room. -R

What site are the postings re: state room numbers??? Also, does anyone know if the Cat T has a murphy Bed or a bunk bed????

If you've already sailed on the Disney Dream, please help us build our Disney Dream stateroom reports section on the DIS by adding a review of your stateroom. http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-cruise-line/disney-dream-room-reports.cfm

I am aware that the Dream reviews are also displaying the stateroom reviews from the classic ships too, depending on the room number, but I'm working on fixing that. ;)

Thanks for your help! :thumbsup2

Found a strange thing... I looked at the list of the Dream stateroom reviews and I did not see the one I submitted. When I did a search for room 6146 it came up and under the correct ship - but when just looking at the listing of all of the stateroom reports in the dream it is not there. I wonder if this is happening to other reports as well ....

Anyone know of a cabin that exists on the Dream with split beds? My 3 sisters and I do not want to share the queen bed.
Thanks.

Found a strange thing... I looked at the list of the Dream stateroom reviews and I did not see the one I submitted. When I did a search for room 6146 it came up and under the correct ship - but when just looking at the listing of all of the stateroom reports in the dream it is not there. I wonder if this is happening to other reports as well ....

Ok, that is strange. I'll take a look.

Anyone know of a cabin that exists on the Dream with split beds? My 3 sisters and I do not want to share the queen bed.
Thanks.

I have heard that there are a few rooms like this, but nothing has been offically proven yet. But you will still have the convertable couch bed to sleep on as well.

Looking for Stateroom number 6004, possibly pictures....how much ocean view do you really have in this part of the ship?

12018 added.

I will repeat what 12504 said as was our experience.

If you are a coffee lover though? The concierge lounge coffee machine was the best! Anything you wanted, it made it in seconds.

Oh the free Scotch was great also!

I have a question about stateroom 6570... I am booked for a first time cruise ever on the Dis Drm in November ...looking at the disney cruise web site it looks as if the verandah view will be blocked by lifeboats. Since this also may be last ever cruise with DH and I...I really wanted to have a great unobstructed view of the ocean. How can I find out if this room will have that?

had a loud noise all night, some sort of engine noise very annoying! Stay off the second floor

Just added 2513 - we liked it well enough to rebook it if we've picked the right date for the future cruise! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter