Disney Cruise Line Reusable Shopping Bags Question

ArielRae

DIS Veteran (NJ)
Has anyone else been having their Disney Cruise Line and Castaway Cay reusable shopping bags tearing not long after getting them? I haven’t had this issue with any of my other reusable shopping bags just the Disney ones. They seem to tear more on one side than the other. The mesh is still keeping the bag together but it is stretched out and the design has ripped away and off the bag.

IMG_0492.jpeg

Has anyone else been having their Disney Cruise Line and Castaway Cay reusable shopping bags tearing not long after getting them? I haven’t had this issue with any of my other reusable shopping bags just the Disney ones. They seem to tear more on one side than the other. The mesh is still keeping the bag together but it is stretched out and the design has ripped away and off the bag.

View attachment 764609
Ours didn’t even make it off the ship without tearing.

Yes. Had several tear the same way yours did. I just pick up new ones on every cruise. They are much better quality than the Disney 50th anniversary gold ones. Used it once for groceries and both handles tore off and dropped the bag to the ground.

The ones I got at the parks have the same problem. I stopped getting them and use my own reusable bags. They fold up tiny and I just throw a couple in my hand bag.

In this days of age
where you need reusable bags just about anywhere
i wonder why disney and dcl don’t do reusable foldable bags that fold into a tiny pouch
they would make great souvenirs to bring back home

a while back ( 10 maybe a bit more years ago wdw use to make them
I for one would buy them for me and for souvenirs

In this days of age
i wonder why disney and dcl don’t do reusable foldable bags that fold into a tiny pouch

When the Disney Store near me closed about 15yrs ago they had these for sale when they were closing. I bought 3 of them before these reusable bags became mandatory near us. They are great cause they are smaller then my wallet when folded up. I usually keep two in my purse just in case. Love if they brought a version of these back. Photos of them closed and opened up.

IMG_2235.jpeg
IMG_2236.jpeg

When the Disney Store near me closed about 15yrs ago they had these for sale when they were closing. I bought 3 of them before these reusable bags became mandatory near us. They are great cause they are smaller then my wallet when folded up. I usually keep two in my purse just in case. Love if they brought a version of these back. Photos of them closed and opened up.

View attachment 765007
View attachment 765008
Exactly they need big need to re do those
tgey would be so helpful now that everywhere you need bags
and a cute souvenir for gifting

I wonder if they are really saving resources as the old bags are still usable after 25 years (yes, I still have them) and the new ones barely make it off the ship. They are making more money in the name of environmental good..

In this days of age

Yes, that was back in 2009. Bought some too.

I guess we got the good one…been using a medium sized bag we got on the Dream for almost two years. It is still in great shape.

In this days of age

I got one in Disneyland Paris last summer; it was themed for their 30th anniversary. I use it all the time!

There's a new Starbucks/Disney Parks one that folds up into a pouch. I almost bought it with my coffee last month until the CM told me it was $40 after she rang it up!

They have fold up pouch ones at Primark right now if anyone has one of those nearby. Ours just opened in the last few months, had a ton of Disney stuff when I went yesterday.

There's a new Starbucks/Disney Parks one that folds up into a pouch. I almost bought it with my coffee last month until the CM told me it was $40 after she rang it up!
I know a friend was at wdw and told me the price tag of that one I said no way loll

I'm sorry to hear that you've been experiencing some tearing issues with them. That can be quite frustrating, especially when you've had better luck with other reusable bags. It's strange that they tear more on one side than the other. Have you reached out to Disney about this?

I haven’t, not sure if anyone else has.

Some of my parks ones have been great, but the first batches I got tore on the trip.

Some of my parks ones have been great, but the first batches I got tore on the trip.
I would prefer some test folds into a little pouch like about 10:years ago
I don’t know why they stopped doing those
practical and made good souvenirs for house sitter …teacher ..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter