Disney Cruise Brides!!! Part Deux!!

I have not yet booked a date for a wedding but I know I want to have it Fall 2015 on the dream. How early do I need to book the wedding to make sure I can get the location I want? I was hoping to book it this November while I am cruising on the Fantasy but was not sure if that would be early enough.

Yes! I want the wedding to be here but at the same time I'm terrified because I'm not ready. We skipped our yearly cruise too. For the last 2 years we have taken a cruise in June or July. But I guess we will make up for it since we are taking 2 almost back to back. I made a post about my favors this morning. I will paste it down below. What are you doing for favors?

Favor Bags:

So I still haven't completely decided on everything in my favor bags, but I wanted to share my progress so far. So, I went through so many different ideas when deciding on favors. I am not particularly crafty and I am OCD enough that I did not want to have everything be handmade because it would bother me if they did not look the same.

SO the one thing that I am making by hand are the favor tags. I wanted to really represent that this is a Disney wedding, without it looking really cartoonie or childlike. For the tags I just used cardstock in black and red, ribbon, a hole punch, scissors, glue, a silver sharpie (although I am thinking of using a gold one instead, what do you think?) and a mickey head outline that I found online. I cut the whole head outline out of black cardstock and then cut out half circle shapes from the red and glued them together. I originally got white card stock and used a hole punch to get small white circles to use as Mickey's "buttons". This is how you see it pictured. My new idea is to buy actual small white buttons to glue on instead. I also have not written any other names on the tags other than this sample one, as I am still not sure of who is coming. I used that hole punch to punch a whole in the ear so I can tie it on the handle of the bag. I found this cute nautical ribbon on sale at Michaels. I don't have enough to do all of he bags, but I think it will be cute to have 3 or 4 different ribbon styles.

FavorTags_zpse9d0b859.jpg

And that is my ring on my finger in the picture. Matt is always getting annoyed at me when it is flipped the wrong way, but sometimes it just has a mind of its own. Plus then it looks like a wedding band and I get to pretend that I'm already married, for awhile!

Next is the bag! This is the part that I am most excited about. I found these bags on etsy and fell in love. I originally wanted the bags to say Boucher Wedding 2014. I decided to go with Bon Voyage instead because I thought the bags were more likely to get re-used by my guests this way. I cannot say enough about these bags! They came out beautifully! I got ones with bows for the ladies and ones without for the guys. Jennifer, the wonderful lady who made the bags, also threw in a special surprise "Just Married" bag for me! I almost started crying when I saw it and I can't wait to use it on the cruise!

https://www.etsy.com/shop/SewSweetBoutiqueLLC?utm_source=transactional&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=convo_notifications_010170_10683759063_0_0&campaign_label=convo_notifications&utm_content=&email_sent=1401025065&euid=kq6aPMcF6x7Gq1STL0816ThJqrqe&eaid=7033239155&x_eaid=05febe5be7

DSC01532_zpsc1fc38e9.jpg

DSC01531_zpsbfa8d920.jpg

DSC01529_zps86320815.jpg

So in the bag, I am including these cute nautical beach towels!
DSC01533_zpsc5fb0f9f.jpg

http://www.casa.com/

For each of the ladies bags, I found these bracelets.
DSC01536_zps56498ceb.jpg

DSC01535_zpsdb32584d.jpg

https://www.etsy.com/shop/Firegarden?utm_source=transaction&utm_medium=trans_email&utm_campaign=purchase_buyer

Those are all of the items that I have already purchased. I will be getting these personalized sunscreens. I love that they come on a carabiner so I can hook them onto the outside of the bags. I am planning on having them say something like "Matt and Kat's Disney Dream Wedding".

http://www.weddingfavorsmarket.com/fun-in-the-sun-sunscreen-bottle-available-personalized.html?gclid=CjgKEAjwzIucBRDzjIz9qMOB3TASJABBIwL16zI-5jZyP4fEBziunVOSSiXO3jSkpMXi-fJ1WVn8FfD_BwE

I am still throwing around ideas for one more item inside the bag. I have thought about little bags or maybe jars of candy. I also think a little cruise emergency bag would be fun. It would include individual packs of tums, shout stain wipes, sea-sickness medication, ect. I am looking for something reasonably inexpensive since I have spent quite a bit of money on the bags and the towels and I may have to get more, depending on the guest count. I will update when I decide. Any ideas are welcome!

Your bags turned out great! I especially love the "Just Married" bag...how sweet!!

The bracelets you picked out are really cute, I'm sure they will love them!

Brooke

Just checking in to say hi to all the current cruise brides.

I haven't checked in much on the threads since my planning days, and I can't believe its been almost 3 years since my wedding already.

Good luck to everyone.

Hello All!!
I am so excited to have finally found this board, I have so many questions that I hope y'all can help with.

We are doing a DCL wedding on the Dream, were getting married on 4/15/2015 on Castaway Cay!

Planning has been stress free so far....but I just can't seem to make up my mind about photography. Disney offers a decent package at $999 but that only includes about an hour of photography. I see that most brides bring a photographer with them!?!

So my question.....Are the Disney photographers good? Are they creative? Do they take enough photos?

Is it worth it to spend the money for our own photographer? How much do they typically charge?

Thank you all in advance

We just got married on the Disney Dream. We had a disney photographer, the best thing we did was paid for an extra hour the next day on Castaway Cay.

We just got married on the Disney Dream. We had a disney photographer, the best thing we did was paid for an extra hour the next day on Castaway Cay.

I'm so glad to hear that you were happy with the extra hour on Castaway Cay, I've been thinking about adding that on as well to our package. 4 more months and we'll be on the Wonder cruising, and I can book onboard for our wedding cruise! WOOHOOOO!!!!

Hello everyone! I am going to be the mother of the Bride. My daughter is not on here so I hope you all can help.
Just returned from diner with my daughters boyfriend and her a his house. He pulled me aside and told me he was going to propose to her on Dec 17 at Castaway. I figured he was planning something because this is their first vacation together. Our family is Disney addicted and of course her dream was to be married in the pavilions until she went to look at them and hated the carpet (now remember this was all way before she met her BF) We cruised for the first time on that trip and she was in love with a Castaway wedding. So of course her future DF let me know she would be getting that dream. I am so excited for them. So I decided I will be paying for the wedding with some help from her dad.
So I contacted my TA and he said the dates for 2016 aren't out yet so we have some time. Her DF is looking at Feb 2016. I was reading that there was a deposit with the payoff the same as the cruise date payoff. Would someone share with me the deposit amount and if you have the pricing for pictures could you share that also.
Thanks so much for the help!

Hello everyone! I am going to be the mother of the Bride. My daughter is not on here so I hope you all can help.
Just returned from diner with my daughters boyfriend and her a his house. He pulled me aside and told me he was going to propose to her on Dec 17 at Castaway. I figured he was planning something because this is their first vacation together. Our family is Disney addicted and of course her dream was to be married in the pavilions until she went to look at them and hated the carpet (now remember this was all way before she met her BF) We cruised for the first time on that trip and she was in love with a Castaway wedding. So of course her future DF let me know she would be getting that dream. I am so excited for them. So I decided I will be paying for the wedding with some help from her dad.
So I contacted my TA and he said the dates for 2016 aren't out yet so we have some time. Her DF is looking at Feb 2016. I was reading that there was a deposit with the payoff the same as the cruise date payoff. Would someone share with me the deposit amount and if you have the pricing for pictures could you share that also.
Thanks so much for the help!
My deposit for my room (Deluxe Family Oceanview with Verandah) and wedding on Castaway Cay was $1272. It works out to be about 20%.

Photography on the ship is as follows: 
Additional Options (not included in package pricing)

Celebration Package
$349.95 *
20 – 5x7 Wedding Photographs
5 – 8x10 Wedding Photographs
1 – 8x10 Folio
Includes Event Photographer

Wishes Package
$549.95 *
30 – 5x7 Wedding Photographs
15 - 8x10 Wedding Photographs
1 – 5x7 Wedding Photo Album

Photography Packages:
Magic Package
$999.95 *
30 – 5x7 Wedding Photographs
30 – 8x10 Wedding Photographs
25 – Wedding Announcements
1 – 5x7 Wedding Photo Album
1 – 8x10 Wedding Photo Album
1 – Photo CD of all images

Additional Offerings
Photo CD of all images - $399.95
25 – Wedding Announcements $24.95
Additional 5x7’s - $6.95 ea.
Additional 8x10’s - $19.95 ea.

*Additional Photography Time available for purchase
(**There is an additional fee of $85 for ceremonies at Castaway Cay due to the additional photography time required for island ceremonies.

Good Luck!

Congratulations! Your enthusiasm is contagious. The deposit for the wedding is also 20%, so for me, the deposit for the verandah room + Castaway Cay wedding ended up being about $1000.

I still haven't gotten permission to join the FB group. :(

In other news-I started a pj. Don't know how to link but it's called Kristina and Paul's Disney dream celebration or something like that if you guys wanna follow along. Lol

Hi all,

Just thought I would introduce myself. We are getting married on the Disney Wonder sailing to Alaska from Vancouver, June 22, 2015.

Any info or tips from other DCL brides past or present, especially those who have had a Wonder wedding would be very welcome! thanks!

Welcome and congratulations, Pixarprincess7!

I was wondering what other brides plan to do about alcohol. I am torn between giving guests a stateroom credit and/or putting alcohol in gift bags. How much is enough?

Thanks!

Hi everyone :wave2:

Oh my gosh! Im going to be a Disney bride!!! Well not actually a bride as Im already married but Im having a vow renewal on the Disney Dream 3 night Bahamian Cruise 28th August 2015!!

My amazing hubby paid off our cruise balance the other day and decided while he was at it to enquire about a vow renewal ceremony - there was a space left so he booked it and was going to surprise me but was then so excited he told me what he had done!

I'm so happy that I know because it means I get a whole year of dreaming and planning our special day take 2 :)

I've started my planning journal already - please come and check it out here

I was wondering what other brides plan to do about alcohol. I am torn between giving guests a stateroom credit and/or putting alcohol in gift bags. How much is enough?

Thanks!

I hadn't even thought about the idea of putting credit on everyone's rooms. That might be the way to handle this for us. Otherwise our initial plan was just to purchase so many bottles of wine at dinner the night after our wedding. I think the credit is really brilliant though. Or Disney gift cards in welcome bags that they can apply on their own.

I originally wanted to put alcohol in the welcome bags, but we have to fly to get on the boat and it just became increasingly complicated to make this happen (plus heavy luggage!) Also, I was in love with the idea of minibottles which it turns out are sort of expensive and hard to buy in bulk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter