Disney+ Cost Going Up - Will You Upgrade?

Will you upgrade Disney+ to get rid of ads?

• Yes - we will upgrade to avoid ads

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • No - we are staying at basic, with ads

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No - In fact we plan to cancel

Votes: 11 28.2%

• Total voters

Princesca

<3 Pink sugar heart attack! <3
With the basic cost of Disney+ now coming with ads, are you planning to upgrade to ad-free for $3 more per month?

You need to put other- canceling subscription in your poll.

I haven’t been paying attention to the news about D+ so had no idea there is going to be a price hike. I do the annual for $80 but looks like its going up to $110 for the year. I don’t watch it enough to justify paying that so when my annual is up in oct I won’t be renewing.

ETA just cancelled and it's perfect timing it will be at the end of November.
Might go through Hulu if the cost doesn't change and I find I can't live without it LOL

Last edited:
I pay annually, but I do it for my granddaughter so she can have it at her house.

When I look at my Disney+ account it's telling me it'll be $69.99 for a year renewal on 11/12/22 (I had the 3 year D23 deal to start). I'd be happy if that's the price. I'll have to keep an eye on that to make sure it doesn't change.

You need to put other- canceling subscription in your poll.

I haven’t been paying attention to the news about D+ so had no idea there is going to be a price hike. I do the annual for $80 but looks like its going up to $110 for the year. I don’t watch it enough to justify paying that so when my annual is up in oct I won’t be renewing.

ETA just cancelled and it's perfect timing it will be at the end of November.
Might go through Hulu if the cost doesn't change and I find I can't live without it LOL

Added it

I'd say "other"--we have access to it through DS's account, but rarely watch it (usually when he visits). If he dropped it, we wouldn't pay for it.

You need, No we'll be cancelling option too.

I got on for the 3 year deal, it was a good value I felt at the time. I think it averaged to about $3.91/month. But IMHO D+ plus has not been as good as I expected. Out of the gate with Mandolorian set the bar high, but then they then it showed it wasn't all that it was cracked up to be. I missed season three of the Mandolorian last year, and Boba Fett was good but not a replacement. I've felt most of the series were fair, but not amazing. Plus, well Disney is being the new Disney, I just want entertainment not what Disney is pushing lately.

I have the three year deal that expires in Nov. I upgraded to the bundle without ads for Hulu and at the moment Disney takes out the difference for the 3 year before billing me. Meanwhile my DH has a pay as you go Verizon sim that we plan on upgrading to the plan that has the Disney bundle. If that is not ad free I will pay for the upgrade. Having jumped on the DVR bandwagon from the beginning I haven’t done commercials in close to 20 years. Not about to start now, lol.

I would be other. I switched from monthly to annual, at least avoid the ads for a year. Well, not a full year as the increase, or ads, starts in December.

I cancelled it a couple of months ago. I don't watch it as much as I thought I would. I also thought the three-year-old would watch, but he's not very interested in TV in general, just Peppa Pig.

Same thing I did when Amazon Prime and Netflix raised their prices- I canceled yesterday when I read about it, effective at the end of my year prepaid. It’s not that they raised prices, it’s that the quality of new content just isn’t there. Same with Netflix. All the originals are terrible now. There is some huge brain drain and creative drought going on in Hollywood right now, where almost nothing coming out in any format is worth a watch (in my opinion, opinions vary).

Likely will keep

I still have to watch Moon Knight and Ms. MARVEL, and Lightyear.

We haven't been to the movies since the pandemic and watch the Disney and Marvel and Pixar movies when they come out on D+

Hoping for a good deal for annual subscriptions

Now if they only offered an ad free sport package they would have something. Just think you could get the football games done in 90 minutes. Keep the clock running and no TV timeouts.

I'll be canceling at the end of my subscription, which is next April, but not because of the new cost. I just am not watching it very often. Going forward, I'll subscribe for a month here and there when there's something I want to see.

I was actually planning to cancel when my annual subscription ends in November, even before this news came out. It was a good deal in the first couple of years but there is not enough content for me throughout the year to justify the increased annual cost anymore. I’ll just sign up for a month here and there to catch up, and I would pay for the ad-free version. If I’m paying anyway it is worth the couple bucks to avoid the ads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter