Disney Career Start Program

itzmehkristine

Mouseketeer
I was thinking about doing the Disney Career Start Program right after I graduate High School. I'm a junior right now, and I was wondering when should I start applying for that? I'm going for the one here, in California. Not in Florida, since I live in Cali.

Well that depends ... would you rather do the Fall program, or the Spring program?

I graduated October 2006 and applied for my program about 2 weeks after and was accepted for the Spring Advantage program and was there from Feberuary until August 2007.

Basically just keep a watch out on the CareerStart website for while program they are offering applications for and apply as soon as possible ... because me and one of my roommates from there were going to do the Spring 2008 program and checked to apply in late November, but they were already all full and not taking any more applications.

Well, I guess I'm going to have to do the Fall program, because I graduate in June. So, If I apply June 2009, right after I graduate, will there be a chance for me to be accepted in the Fall Program of 2009?

I just had my interview yesterday for the careerstart program in Anaheim. And i don't graduate til May. I plan on going for the Fall 2008 program. I'm pretty sure you can apply anytime as long as you know your graduation date. That's what the website says. I would do it a few months before you graduate like i did. Good luck!

how do the Career start program and the CP program differ?

I think they are pretty much the same. I think the only difference is the education. In fact during my interview yesterday, My interviewer thought i was applying for the College program and when i corrected her and said i was applying for careerstart she said "Oh same thing".:confused3

They don't differ significantly. Realistically, the differences are:

1. Less choices in terms of roles that are available
2. A class is automatically added to your learning plan (CareerStart Education Series)
3. Your preferences for housing may be more limited.

That's it. Both the CareerStart and College Programs are an excellent opportunity depending what you're after, and are looked at similarly by leaders.

Since there's less choices in terms of roles, would it be harder to get in an attractions position?

...would it be harder to get in an attractions position?

Nope. The reduction in the amount of roles isn't really a set number of people going into attractions for CareerStart applicants (it's the same pool all-around for College/International/CareerStart), but more for the type of roles available. For instance, hospitality is one of the roles CareerStart is not cast into, and can't apply for.

I just got accepted in the fall 2008 CS program with Quick service food cashier

Hey goo dluck to everyone who was accepted I'm going to apply for the spring program, I would LOVE to be a part of the fall program but was just recently informed I won't be eligable til after I turn 18:guilty: So I am really excited for everyone who is going and I hope to see ya'll in spring!!!!!

OMG I'M SOOOOOO HAPPY!!! I just got an e-mail form Disney saying the interveiwer was misinformed and I can Reinterview for the fall program!! Wish me luck!!!!:cool1:

Can i still attend College if i do this program? Thats what im confused about, i really want to do this program but also attend College. Im a junior now so i started all my planning about 6 months ago.

Can i still attend College if i do this program? Thats what im confused about, i really want to do this program but also attend College. Im a junior now so i started all my planning about 6 months ago.

Yes, as long as you're within 48 months of your high school graduation. Having said that though, they would likely highly encourage that you participate in the Disney College Program instead, since you have already completed part of your college education.

Remember that these two programs are very similar, with the most distinguishing features between the two is the admission requirements (first semester of college vs. within 48 months of high school graduation) and the limited variety of roles in the CareerStart program as compared to the College Program.

Hi: My name is Shelly and I am new to this board. I have a question and hope someone here can answer me. I sent in my application for the Disney CareerStart Program but was never contacted to schedule an interview. Am I suppose to contact them to schedule it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi: My name is Shelly and I am new to this board. I have a question and hope someone here can answer me. I sent in my application for the Disney CareerStart Program but was never contacted to schedule an interview. Am I suppose to contact them to schedule it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

how long ago did you send it? because i faxed mine like two & a half weeks ago & just only got a call from them on tuesday. so if you're around the two week mark then you probably shouldn't be worried yet. but if it's been a while you should probably call them.

Please let us know how it goes! My son is a sophomore, but he is seriously considering doing this before he starts college.

Okay thanks!!!! I sent them my application about a week ago and I just hadn't heard anything from them. I wasn't sure what I should be expecting. I was thinking about calling them tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter