Disney cancels many summer Galactic Starcruiser voyages

I don't know anyone who hates the OT. I do know Star Wars fans who rank the OT among their least-liked films, and the sequels among their top picks.

This. Pretty much 99% of Star Wars fans like the George Lucas Original Trilogy.

But the Iger created new Trilogy there are many fans who dislike it since it isn’t George Lucas’s storyline for 7-9 and Iger ignored and disrespected Lucas’ input.

There's nothing wrong with some people not liking the original trilogy. People have a right to their own opinions.

I work at a library and I had a kid in a Star Wars shirt tell me he didn't like any of the movies, he just liked the TV shows. And that was fine.

There's nothing wrong with some people not liking the original trilogy. People have a right to their own opinions.

I work at a library and I had a kid in a Star Wars shirt tell me he didn't like any of the movies, he just liked the TV shows. And that was fine.
You still have not pointed out a Star Wars fan who likes the new Disney trilogy but hates the original trilogy.

You still have not pointed out a Star Wars fan who likes the new Disney trilogy but hates the original trilogy.
Do you expect me to go poll every single SW fan on the planet or something? I don't care if that fan exists or not. That's YOUR hang-up.

Why don't you go do that and get back to us with the results, if it matters that much to you?

I guess I will be that one Star Wars fan you want pointed out because I hate the original trilogy and like, for the most part, Disney's.

I am 32 but didn't watch the original trilogy until I was 26 or 27. I have no nostalgia for it and while I had seen some scenes and knew some plots, I went into it rather blind. After watching the original and prequel trilogies in preparation of watching The Force Awakens, I found that I did not like the original at all and I liked the prequel trilogy much better. I enjoyed The Force awakens but was not to hot for episodes 8 and 9 but I'd still watch them over the originals.

My favorite Star wars to watch are Rogue One, Mandalorian and Clone Wars.

I guess I will be that one Star Wars fan you want pointed out because I hate the original trilogy and like, for the most part, Disney's.

I am 32 but didn't watch the original trilogy until I was 26 or 27. I have no nostalgia for it and while I had seen some scenes and knew some plots, I went into it rather blind. After watching the original and prequel trilogies in preparation of watching The Force Awakens, I found that I did not like the original at all and I liked the prequel trilogy much better. I enjoyed The Force awakens but was not to hot for episodes 8 and 9 but I'd still watch them over the originals.

My favorite Star wars to watch are Rogue One, Mandalorian and Clone Wars.
Did you see Andor? Very much like Rogue One.

Lots of people who like The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi NOW, decades of nostalgia, familiarity, and rose-colored glasses later, didn't like them when they first came out. It's a good thing the internet and social media, with their ability to amplify the segment of the fandom willing to shout the loudest and longest until it's a giant echo chamber, wasn't around back then.

Lots of people who like The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi NOW, decades of nostalgia, familiarity, and rose-colored glasses later, didn't like them when they first came out. It's a good thing the internet and social media, with their ability to amplify the segment of the fandom willing to shout the loudest and longest until it's a giant echo chamber, wasn't around back then.
There is also a LOT of rose-colored glasses now for the prequels. People lump them in with all the "George" stuff and are therefore "good." Which is NOT how the prequels were looked upon when they were released--at least by the adults.

The point of this discussion is that gatekeeping sucks and it's pointless to define a "true fan." Everyone's least-favorite Star Wars is someone else's favorite.

Heck, my favorite Star Wars stories aren't even movies; they're books.

There is also a LOT of rose-colored glasses now for the prequels. People lump them in with all the "George" stuff and are therefore "good." Which is NOT how the prequels were looked upon when they were released--at least by the adults.

The point of this discussion is that gatekeeping sucks and it's pointless to define a "true fan." Everyone's least-favorite Star Wars is someone else's favorite.

Heck, my favorite Star Wars stories aren't even movies; they're books.

I loved the prequels when they came out - and I am NOT of an age where they were my first Star Wars movies either. I cought a lot of flack for that back then and even up until the Sequels sucked up all the hate. Oh, and guess what, I like those too! 😁

Last edited:
I loved the prequels when they came out - and I am NOT of an age where they were my first Star Wars movies either. I cought a lot of flack for that back then and even up until the Sequels sucked up all the hate. Oh, and guess what, I like those too! 😁
Same!!!
As a 70s kid growing up with the originals, I thought the prequels were great and for a while even liked them better.

Now I just go back and forth on which are my favs. (Jedi was always last on my list of 1-6 but after seeing it again in the theatre last month, I'm not sure anymore, they're all good. lol)

Sequels are my least fav (only because #8 didn't seem to flow after #7 and I would have preferred they did Luke's story a little differently) but I still liked them too.

Me too! I adore the prequels - they’re my favorite era. I love the tv shows. I can remember waiting in line for the OT. I had an infant when Phantom Menace came out, and I used a few of my Mom’s Day Outs to sneak away and see it. I had two children by the time Revenge of the Sith premiered and left them home with Dad so I could weep at Anakin’s transformation in private. I always told people I loved the prequels and didn’t really care what they thought. I love, love, love Rogue One; it might be my favorite, and I like Solo - there, I said it. I’m not a huge fan of the sequels, but I don’t yuck someone else’s yum. What’s the point?

Me too! I adore the prequels - they’re my favorite era. I love the tv shows. I can remember waiting in line for the OT. I had an infant when Phantom Menace came out, and I used a few of my Mom’s Day Outs to sneak away and see it. I had two children by the time Revenge of the Sith premiered and left them home with Dad so I could weep at Anakin’s transformation in private. I always told people I loved the prequels and didn’t really care what they thought. I love, love, love Rogue One; it might be my favorite, and I like Solo - there, I said it. I’m not a huge fan of the sequels, but I don’t yuck someone else’s yum. What’s the point?

I agree- the prequels rule. I like the ST too jsut fine, and while I can totally understand some criticisms of it, it is made out to be way worse than it actually is. I mean, nothing in them is that terrible or universe-breaking like a lot of fans seem to think. Really, teh absolute pinnacle of Star Wars content is the best episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels.

Last edited:
i agree- the prequels rule. I like the ST too jsut fine, and while I can totally understand some criticisms of it, it is made out to be way worse than it actually is. I mean, nothing in them is that terrible or universe-breaking like a lot of fans seem to think. Really, teh absolute pinnacle of Star Wars content is the best episodes of Clone Wars and Rebels.
💯. I’m…let’s just say I have two college graduates, and I’ve seen Rebels 3 times completely and am currently on my 5th CW rewatch. They’re my preferred treadmill viewing material. CW Count Dooku is my absolute favorite - I would kill you both if I did not have to drag your bodies. (I think we’ve effectively derailed this thread 😂.)

💯. I’m…let’s just say I have two college graduates, and I’ve seen Rebels 3 times completely and am currently on my 5th CW rewatch. They’re my preferred treadmill viewing material. CW Count Dooku is my absolute favorite - I would kill you both if I did not have to drag your bodies. (I think we’ve effectively derailed this thread 😂.)

You're not wrong though. Clone Wars can be a little uneven, but when it's hitting - it's HITTING! Like say, Darkness on Umbara or Landing at Point Rain. It just crushes! Rebels is pretty solid the whole way through though, and maybe not quite hitting the hights of TCW at it's finest, it has fewer lows and really comes together as a saga. It's fabulous!

Clone Wars is hands down the best Star Wars. It made me care about the characters.
I was honestly surprised I liked it so much! Despite my love of SW, seeing anything in animation form is just not something that ever interested me - my son used to watch it (he's a Phantom Menace-era kid) and I just never paid attention. DH was the one that turned it on and we binged watched it in 2020.

Since then, I've watched CW twice (some seasons 3-4x) and planning on a Rebels rewatch.

I was honestly surprised I liked it so much! Despite my love of SW, seeing anything in animation form is just not something that ever interested me - my son used to watch it (he's a Phantom Menace-era kid) and I just never paid attention. DH was the one that turned it on and we binged watched it in 2020.

Since then, I've watched CW twice (some seasons 3-4x) and planning on a Rebels rewatch.
My kids watched CW when it was still on Cartoon Network around 2010 or so. They had missed the first few seasons, so I bought them the DVDs, and they kept trying to get me to watch them with them in the car (ie listen to them while I drove), but I made them wear headphones. I had no interest. Then randomly I was bored one day when my son was a Junior in HS and my daughter was a freshman in college (2017), and I pulled out the DVDs, and I was hooked. Getting Captain Rex in live-action Ahsoka might be my undoing (except that I’m partial to Dee Bradley Baker’s dulcet tones). But Lars as Thrawn has me super-excited!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter