Disney cancels many summer Galactic Starcruiser voyages

OK, now that it looks like the hotel is gone for good, maybe Disney can gut a big chunk of the building for a new themed table service restaurant with various characters coming around to each table like they do at Crystal Palace. Maybe the rest be used to move Star Tours to this area. It's really out of place where it is now outside the SW Land walls.

This thing had so many issues:

1. Insane price
2. Niche market - Star Wars Fans who want to spend 2 days pretending they are living in Star Wars - and even more niche because of the price.
3. Hotel rooms that had bizarre accommodations (no windows, no pool, etc.)
4. Difficult to imagine customers doing “repeat business”
5. Because everything was tied to a voyage, you can only stay 2 nights, meaning, after that you have to switch hotels in the middle of your vacation. That will turn off a lot of guests who don’t want to spend the time doing so.

This must have been an absolute financial bloodbath to totally cut the cord this quickly. They really overestimated this one.

OK, now that it looks like the hotel is gone for good, maybe Disney can gut a big chunk of the building for a new themed table service restaurant with various characters coming around to each table like they do at Crystal Palace. Maybe the rest be used to move Star Tours to this area. It's really out of place where it is now outside the SW Land walls.
OOO I think I like this idea!

I think it was a failure to publicize. There was so little advance publicity, and what little there was didn't go into much detail. There are still many people who don't really understand what it was and why the price was so high. I think if they had increased their advertising budget and gone all in on publicity, we wouldn't be seeing it shut down so soon.

So what really happened here? Did they cancel a bunch of people's reservations for summer, and then open up bookings for the same weeks again and allow others to book?

So what really happened here? Did they cancel a bunch of people's reservations for summer, and then open up bookings for the same weeks again and allow others to book?
They temporarily stopped taking new reservations so that they could attempt to condense the existing reservations. The goal being to only operate during times when there are enough guests present to make being open worth it.

This thing had so many issues:

1. Insane price
2. Niche market - Star Wars Fans who want to spend 2 days pretending they are living in Star Wars - and even more niche because of the price.
3. Hotel rooms that had bizarre accommodations (no windows, no pool, etc.)
4. Difficult to imagine customers doing “repeat business”
5. Because everything was tied to a voyage, you can only stay 2 nights, meaning, after that you have to switch hotels in the middle of your vacation. That will turn off a lot of guests who don’t want to spend the time doing so.

This must have been an absolute financial bloodbath to totally cut the cord this quickly. They really overestimated this one.
It’s Niche to the Niche because any real Star Wars fan would prefer the New Hope to Disney Star Wars First Order garbage.

And no "real" Star Wars fan liked the prequels, or Return of the Jedi...

Star Wars has existed for over 45 years. Trying to define a "real fan" is futile at this point.
I don’t think it’s possible for someone to be a die hard Star Wars fan and hate the original trilogy.

The converse is not true. There are plenty who hate the Disney Garbage Trilogy

It's easy to define a "real fan" of Star Wars.

A real fan is someone who likes Star Wars. Any part of Star Wars.

That's it.

A fan is a fan and nobody has any right to tell anybody else that they aren't a "real fan" just because they don't fit what their definition of a "real fan" is. There is no such thing. It's just a term fans use to exclude and deride other fans who have opinions that are different than theirs.

That's it.

A fan is a fan and nobody has any right to tell anybody else that they aren't a "real fan" just because they don't fit what their definition of a "real fan" is. There is no such thing. It's just a term fans use to exclude and deride other fans who have opinions that are different than theirs.

Thank you for saying that. Me, I'm about a big a Star Wars fan as they come, and yet, I have a LOT of "bad" opinions when it comes to the franchise. I think The Phantom Menace is the best of the series. I think The Empire Strikes Back is overrated. I don't really care if Han shot first or not. I think animated Star Wars is generally better than the live action stuff. To many, that stuff would make me a bad fan. I don't care though - I still love Star Wars.

Thank you for saying that. Me, I'm about a big a Star Wars fan as they come, and yet, I have a LOT of "bad" opinions when it comes to the franchise. I think The Phantom Menace is the best of the series. I think The Empire Strikes Back is overrated. I don't really care if Han shot first or not. I think animated Star Wars is generally better than the live action stuff. To many, that stuff would make me a bad fan. I don't care though - I still love Star Wars.
You, I like 😉

That's it.

Seems vague and incorrect.

One still hasn’t been able to show a Star Wars fan who dislikes the original trilogy yet likes the non Lucas Disney Garbage trilogy.

Seems vague and incorrect.

One still hasn’t been able to show a Star Wars fan who dislikes the original trilogy yet likes the non Lucas Disney Garbage trilogy.
I know plenty of fans who like the "non Lucas Disney Garbage trilogy".

I would also argue that the people who hate 3-5 Star Wars movies aren't the real fans, and the people who like all the Star Wars movies are, but I try not to gatekeep. Heck, my three year old son is a Star Wars fan and he hasn't even seen any of the movies!

I know plenty of fans who like the "non Lucas Disney Garbage trilogy".

I would also argue that the people who hate 3-5 Star Wars movies aren't the real fans, and the people who like all the Star Wars movies are, but I try not to gatekeep. Heck, my three year old son is a Star Wars fan and he hasn't even seen any of the movies!
Do you know Star Wars fans who hate the original trilogy?

Do you know Star Wars fans who hate the original trilogy?
I don't know anyone who hates the OT. I do know Star Wars fans who rank the OT among their least-liked films, and the sequels among their top picks.

By the way, you originally said:
It’s Niche to the Niche because any real Star Wars fan would prefer the New Hope to Disney Star Wars First Order garbage.
The Force Awakens is my second favorite Star Wars movie. I prefer it over A New Hope.

I don't know anyone who hates the OT. I do know Star Wars fans who rank the OT among their least-liked films, and the sequels among their top picks.

By the way, you originally said:

The Force Awakens is my second favorite Star Wars movie. I prefer it over A New Hope.
Second

What is your first?

Second

What is your first?

Well, for me, and I know I'll sound absolutely craxy, but my top three are:

The Phantom Menace
Rise of Skywalker
Return of the Jedi

Granted all of those could be interchanged at any given moment - the margin is SLIM. Still, if I were to rank all 9 or even the side-stories, the margin is slim anyway. I may call The Last Jedi the worst one, but I still like it a LOT. It's ahead of most other non-Star Wars movies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter