Disney buses with an ECV, FIRST TIMER!

I’m wondering why Poly buses were crowded. I know they share with GF, but I thought they were first. Is GF first? Thinking of GF or Poly on my next trip. Want the first bus stop

The Poly is the first stop from everything that I've read. But the post below would explain the issue...if they're picking up guests at the poly first there are guests who stay on to get back to the GF later in the day

Keep in mind that except for park opening, most buses are "looping" -- bringing guests back to the resort from the park, at the same time they pick up guests at the resort to go to the park. So if sharing a bus, it could arrive full or crowded at the "first" resort/stop, and if those guests are staying on until the next resort/stop, it won't free up much space for more people to get on.

Enjoy your vacation!

I would assume he will use the scooter mainly for getting around the park, and for long ride queues. I don’t think he’ll need it for going into shops or ride lines under 20-25 minutes. But he would not be able to stand in something like the Test track line, and then especially continue to walk after. He would not be able to Disney without a scooter, but I’m sure we will be parking it a great deal.

Definitely encourage him to stay in it if he's knees are bothering him - just roll on up to the ride entrance and ask the CM - or usually they will just tell you if you can take it through. ToT is another longer que where he'd have to switch to a WC - if you have a FP then it's not too bad. But if he's like me - some days I'm ok to walk a bit and other days every 10 feet of walking its :scared:. Of course he can always transfer to the WC and have one of you guys push him through! I do that sometimes too.

It sounds like you have (unfortunately!) some good experience with a scooter so you know how it can be! I'm glad your were able to save that trip! :)

I will be using an ECV for the first time in March. TP just updated park crowd levels from 5-6 up to 9-10! Now I'm thinking it may just be too difficult to manage an ECV in parks that crowded. I was already worried about getting the ECV on the busses and was planning on just renting an ECV day each day at the park. I was told the ECVs at the park are way slower than the ECVs rented from outside vendors but seems like that shouldn't make a difference for an experienced user in a crowded park.

I will be using an ECV for the first time in March. TP just updated park crowd levels from 5-6 up to 9-10! Now I'm thinking it may just be too difficult to manage an ECV in parks that crowded. I was already worried about getting the ECV on the busses and was planning on just renting an ECV day each day at the park. I was told the ECVs at the park are way slower than the ECVs rented from outside vendors but seems like that shouldn't make a difference for an experienced user in a crowded park.
The ECC from the park are much bigger then the ones that you can rent off site. All ECV have a speed knob turtle makes it go slower rabbit make it go faster

The ECC from the park are much bigger then the ones that you can rent off site. All ECV have a speed knob turtle makes it go slower rabbit make it go faster

And the drivers recommend that you put the scooter on the slowest speed possible so you don’t turn the bus into a demolition derby course.

So is anyone recommending renting an ECV from an outside vendor over renting an ECV at park entrance?? I would imagine renting off site would be a little cheaper. I could use a cane to get from bus to park entrance or just push one of the wheelchairs that are left in the bus area and then I wouldn't have to maneuver the ECV onto the bus or take up extra seats.

So is anyone recommending renting an ECV from an outside vendor over renting an ECV at park entrance?? I would imagine renting off-site would be a little cheaper. I could use a cane to get from bus to park entrance or just push one of the wheelchairs that are left in the bus area and then I wouldn't have to maneuver the ECV onto the bus or take up extra seats.

Absolutely! Without a doubt! Positively!

You can drive inside and outside the park
You can drive from your resort room to the bus.
You can drive from your bus to the park or Disney Spings or just about anywhere on Disney property.
More options like a fan, phone holder, etc.
Cheaper.
Better quality mobility scooter.
Gold Mobility Scooter seems to be the best rental vendor because of their service, options and they change out their fleet every six months instead of keeping them for the life of the scooter. I don't know any other vendor that does that.

********************************/

WDW Scooter Rental & WDW Stroller Rental
GMS offers scooter rental and stroller rentals to Orlando, Kissimmee, Celebration, Davenport, Lake Buena Vista, all Disney World Resorts, All Universal Studios resorts, all convention centers, International Drive area, timeshares and private residences through-out Central Florida.

Our brand new 2018/2019 rental fleet of highly upgraded mobility rental scooter rentals and premium stroller rentals are now released into service, our rent a scooter rental customers are guaranteed the newest, cleanest, and most advanced rental equipment available. All the rentals we offer are Disney approved scooter rentals. All rental scooters can be used at WDW theme parks and resorts.

All GMS mobility scooters are delivered to our customers with FREE upgraded extended range batteries, FREE adjustable cup-holders, FREE cell phone holder, FREE USB phone charging port, FREEupgraded L.E.D. ground safety lighting, and Victory 10 rental scooter models come FREE upgraded with a maximum comfort luxury Captain’s chair and a 3 Speed Cooling Fan!

GMS stroller rentals come standard with FREE rain cover, and FREE parent organizer w/cupholder. All rental strollers and baby/toddler equipment is delivered clean and certified Sanitized.

Affordable flat rate all inclusive pricing. All accessories provided FREE of charge, quick and easy online reservations, FREE damage waiver policy, FREE in-person delivery and pickup included. If you prefer to book by phone, our customer call center is open 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM 7 days a week at 407-414-0287 Risk-FREE with never any Cancellation charges or Change fee's ever. Life happens, and we at Gold Mobility Scooters understand!

So is anyone recommending renting an ECV from an outside vendor over renting an ECV at park entrance?? I would imagine renting off site would be a little cheaper. I could use a cane to get from bus to park entrance or just push one of the wheelchairs that are left in the bus area and then I wouldn't have to maneuver the ECV onto the bus or take up extra seats.
I would get the ECV off site. Becuse it is cheaper You have it all the time. It is smaller easer to manver then the Disney ones

I would get the ECV off site. Becuse it is cheaper You have it all the time. It is smaller easer to manver then the Disney ones

Yeah, $70 a day for a park rental vs. $25 a day (If you use Gold Mobility). Yeah, the math speaks for itself. (And I suck at math.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter