Disney buses with an ECV, FIRST TIMER!

Discussion in 'disABILITIES!' started by Jetta8300, Jan 6, 2019.

1. Jetta8300

Jetta8300 DIS Veteran

The Poly is the first stop from everything that I've read. But the post below would explain the issue...if they're picking up guests at the poly first there are guests who stay on to get back to the GF later in the day

mamabunny likes this.
  2. Selket

Selket Been there - done that

Definitely encourage him to stay in it if he's knees are bothering him - just roll on up to the ride entrance and ask the CM - or usually they will just tell you if you can take it through. ToT is another longer que where he'd have to switch to a WC - if you have a FP then it's not too bad. But if he's like me - some days I'm ok to walk a bit and other days every 10 feet of walking its :scared:. Of course he can always transfer to the WC and have one of you guys push him through! I do that sometimes too.

It sounds like you have (unfortunately!) some good experience with a scooter so you know how it can be! I'm glad your were able to save that trip! :)

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. Groot

Groot Still recovering from the events of Infinity War.

I’d also look on youtube for videos on boarding busses with a scooter.

RaySharpton likes this.
  5. Lsdolphin

Lsdolphin DIS Veteran

I will be using an ECV for the first time in March. TP just updated park crowd levels from 5-6 up to 9-10! Now I'm thinking it may just be too difficult to manage an ECV in parks that crowded. I was already worried about getting the ECV on the busses and was planning on just renting an ECV day each day at the park. I was told the ECVs at the park are way slower than the ECVs rented from outside vendors but seems like that shouldn't make a difference for an experienced user in a crowded park.

6. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

The ECC from the park are much bigger then the ones that you can rent off site. All ECV have a speed knob turtle makes it go slower rabbit make it go faster

7. Groot

And the drivers recommend that you put the scooter on the slowest speed possible so you don’t turn the bus into a demolition derby course.

8. Lsdolphin

Lsdolphin DIS Veteran

So is anyone recommending renting an ECV from an outside vendor over renting an ECV at park entrance?? I would imagine renting off site would be a little cheaper. I could use a cane to get from bus to park entrance or just push one of the wheelchairs that are left in the bus area and then I wouldn't have to maneuver the ECV onto the bus or take up extra seats.

BethCPTSD and RaySharpton like this.
  9. RaySharpton

RaySharpton Retired and going to Disney.

Absolutely! Without a doubt! Positively!

You can drive inside and outside the park
    You can drive from your resort room to the bus.
    You can drive from your bus to the park or Disney Spings or just about anywhere on Disney property.
    More options like a fan, phone holder, etc.
    Cheaper.
    Better quality mobility scooter.
    Gold Mobility Scooter seems to be the best rental vendor because of their service, options and they change out their fleet every six months instead of keeping them for the life of the scooter. I don't know any other vendor that does that.

https://goldmobilityscooters.com/

BethCPTSD likes this.
  10. gap2368

gap2368 DIS Veteran

I would get the ECV off site. Becuse it is cheaper You have it all the time. It is smaller easer to manver then the Disney ones

Groot likes this.
  11. Groot

Yeah, $70 a day for a park rental vs. $25 a day (If you use Gold Mobility). Yeah, the math speaks for itself. (And I suck at math.)