Disney at Pop/AKL and a Toddler part 2

Cindybell2

Earning My Ears
Biergarten - Loved it! There was a variety of German food but what we all liked the best was the mac and cheese. The theming was great and the show was fun. The desserts though all had a funny taste to them except for the cheese cake which reminded me of a Costco cheesecake. The bill was hefty at around $232.00 (4 adults and 1 child)
Hollywood and Vines - Loved it! - I had the shrimp mac and cheese and it was wonderful! It was like a shrimp alfredo. Everyone liked their meal except for my D-I-L who had the turkey dinner. She said it was dry. The characters were great and came to each table and signed autographs It was Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy. I had a chocolate s'more dessert that I didn't really like and thought it was cheaply made but my son really liked it. The bill was around $230.00
Tutto Italia - Didn't love it - Seriously the food at Olive Garden is much better and has more variety. We all had a pasta dish and my granddaughter ate free. My husband couldn't make it as he didn't feel well and the bill ended up being about $136 for the 3 of us.
Cinderella's Castle - Didn't love it - It was breakfast and the food was just mediocre. The only character was Cinderella and she did sign autographs. I can't believe though I paid $243.00 for breakfast!
Be Our Guest - Didn't love it - The castle is beautiful, but the food is not that great. The character meet and greet was a joke. The beast just practically ran around the room waving and then left. He did not great each table and there was no autographs. To top it all off we had to eat in the beast room and not the main dining room which was a disappointment. I will say I enjoyed sitting in the lobby which looked like a fancy ball room (just small) and watched my granddaughter dance with all the other little girls. The bill was around $236.00
Tusker House - Didn't love it - The food was OK but there was plenty of it. The meet and greet was great and the Micky Mouse character there was the first one that my granddaughter felt comfortable enough with to hug. It was a very sweet moment. The bill was the most expensive coming in at a hefty $272.00
Bomas - Loved it! - The food was unique and tasted wonderful! I have to say this was my favorite restaurant. I would choose to eat there even if it wasn't in WDW. That is saying something as I didn't feel that way about any of the other restaurants there. The bill was around $236.00
Pop Century quick serve - Loved it! - For quick service I felt it was good and the most reasonably priced.
D-Lux Burger Disney springs - Loved it! - Great hamburgers and milkshakes

All the non-buffet restaurants had a child's menu and or ate free. Mostly she ate fruit and mac and cheese

Genie Plus
I had purchased the genie plus for each day of the parks and I am glad I did. Even when getting to the parks late at times we still got to ride about everything we wanted. I also purchased the fancy rides each day that you paid for individually. The parks were very crowded but using the genie plus the most we waited in line was 35 mins for rides that we didn't have a lightening lane. I will say going to the parks with a toddler is not the easiest. For the rides she couldn't ride we had to let two go and then two would wait with my granddaughter. So that meant even with the lightening lane it took twice as long. We never took her back to the room as she was able to nap in her stroller which helped immensely. However the only park we stayed from morning until night was MK. Epcot we only did two 1/2 days and HS and AK we only stayed about 7 hours. Below I'll list each park and the rides we were able to do

Epcot first half day - Frozen, Remy's, Test Track, ate at Biergartens and did several meet and greets. We were there from 2:30 to 6 and I used the Genie Plus for all the rides so no wait.

HS - It was a very crowded Saturday. We rope dropped Mickey's Railway so no wait and then got lightening lanes for Rise, Smugglers Run, Tower of Terror, Toy Story Mania - Watched Beauty and the Beast, Muppet 3D, Disney Junior dance party (my granddaughter loved this) and ate at Holly Wood and Vines. We went back to the room after dinner and then went swimming. It doesn't sound like a lot but I over heard a family complaining that they only got to ride 2 rides that day
so we did better than that anyway.

Epcot- We got there about 9 AM on Sunday and we did a meet and greet with Jasmine then used genie plus for Soaring, the land and Nemo (didn't really need to use but it did save about 10 mins at each ride). We took our time in the aquarium then went for lunch at Tutto's Italia. We then went back to the room and went swimming and ate dinner at the resort's quick service. We then hopped on the skyliner and went back to Epcot for Harmonious fireworks. It was a beautiful display and my granddaughter loved it.

MK- I wanted to rope drop but couldn't get everyone up on time. We got there though at the time the park was opening for regular hours at 8:30. Since we had breakfast at Cinderella's Castle at 10 AM and I had forgotten to start reserving rides at 7 we were off the rest of the day trying to use the genie plus. What happened was I purchased 7 Dwarfs Mine Train and a lightening pass for Haunted Mansion that was later in the day. So I had to wait every 2 hours to make another reservation so all my lightening lane passes were 12:30 or later. The whole morning was spent standing in line for Winnie the pooh, Small World Ariel, the carousal and Pirates. Then I had stacked Splash, 7 Dwarfs, Haunted Mansion, Jungle Safari, and Peter Pan, all in the afternoon. However I was able to get BOG ressie's so I nixed Jungle safari and Peter Pan's flight. After dinner we got a space to sit and watch the fireworks. I loved them and thought they were spectacular and worth waiting for.

AK - My DH and I roped dropped this park and rode Kili safari, Everest and Dinasaur all without a wait. The rest joined us around 10 and I used the genie plus to get us Avatar, and Navi. Then for my son and D-I-L I got them Everest and Kili safari as the lines were long by then. We did Its tough to be a bug and watched Lion King then went to Lunch/dinner (2:30) at Tusker house. Then we saw the gorillas trail (better than the safari). By that time we were all tired and went back to the room to crash. We had wanted to do Dinoland but didn't have the energy at that point.

We had a great time but not sure if we will be back any time soon. The expense is astronomical and not sure if it is really worth it. I have read that DIsney is purposely weeding out people that can't afford it so as to make the experience better for those that can. I hope that is not true but it does seem to be happening.

I enjoyed reading your trip report! Our daughter will be 2.5 when we go so it's helpful to hear about taking a toddler!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter