disney at christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sherry...I don't recall Roz wearing a Santa hat last year so I think it's something they added this year. Either that, or both our memories are failing us ;) :rotfl:
IMG_6379.jpg

:lmao::rotfl::lmao:

wow haven't been on this thread in it seems forever!!!!

i'm just sitting here watch "polar express" and sipping hot cocoa planning my Disneyland Trip for December 14th!

i will, like Sherry, be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel!!!
i'm so so so sooooooooooo excited!!!! Like i said a long time ago, i've never stayed at a disney on-site hotel, so this will be my first time even though it'sonly for one night!
i literally just booked it right now, i decided to splurge and get the concierge level so hope that turns out to be amazing

merry christmas everyone!

Great shot - that's a hard one because of the glare on the plastic! I couldn't get a good one of my family - finally ended up taking it from the side in order to avoid the glare.

Another great one! Was this the back of the monorail? I love TOT in the background.

Oh my gosh - what a cutie!!!

OK my friends, I am BACK!!! And it was SOOOOO amazing! I will write more tomorrow PHXscuba

Welcome back! Can't wait to hear/see all about your trip!

Can these count toward the Tree and Wreath Quests as well?

Absolutely!!! Thanks for posting all of your pictures - you captured areas I didn't get to, so I am especially happy to see all the little houses and pictures from A Bug's Land. In fact, I showed them to my DH and he said "Why didn't we see these? I think we need to make ANOTHER trip just to see these things...." If only....

Would you mind if I kept this one for a screen saver? Grumpy is my favorite Disney character and I just love this sign.

My pleasure, I loved taking them knowing I would share them on the board. Just wish I could've taken more... there's always next year :santa:

Isn't that the truth? Looking at all these pictures, I keep saying over and over, wow - that's a good shot, that's a good angle, I didn't see that!

i will, like Sherry, be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel!!!i literally just booked it right now, i decided to splurge and get the concierge level so hope that turns out to be amazing!

You will have such a fantastic time!! We love PPH! For our 25th wedding anniversary this past May, we splurged and stayed there concierge...talk about being spoiled! It was just amazing and the staff in the concierge lounge are so nice!!!

In the ornament store by the Angel Courtyard:

IMG_1246-2.jpg

Where the Billy Hill show is:

IMG_1280-2.jpg

IMG_1281-2.jpg

Plaza Inn:

IMG_1298-2.jpg

The DLH:

IMG_1181-2.jpg

IMG_1184-2.jpg

IMG_1176-2.jpg

IMG_1177-2.jpg

Rancho del Zocalo:

IMG_1291-2.jpg

IMG_1287-2.jpg

TOT:

IMG_1148-2.jpg

In the gift shop by GRR:

PC010093-2.jpg

Yummmm...bread:
(Tip: If you plan on eating the bread right away, like we always do, you can ask for butter when you buy it)

PC010102-2.jpg

PC010096-2.jpg

DCA Santa photo spot:

PC010049-2.jpg

PC010044-2.jpg

Main Street Vehicles:

IMG_0767-2.jpg

PB300020-2.jpg

IMG_0809-2.jpg

PB300016-2.jpg

IMG_0764-2.jpg

:goodvibes YAY! More photos. I get to go today. I get to go today! EEEEE. This thread is so awesome. The most awesomest of awesome, if I do say so.

We so rarely go on Storybook, I forgot they decorate it and I loooovee it! I'm so glad I saw the pics on here. We'll have to go on it this week :banana:

:goodvibes YAY! More photos. I get to go today. I get to go today! EEEEE. This thread is so awesome. The most awesomest of awesome, if I do say so.

Yay yay yay!!! We are all waiting to hear just how awesome your trip is and see you amazing pictures.

We so rarely go on Storybook, I forgot they decorate it and I loooovee it! I'm so glad I saw the pics on here. We'll have to go on it this week :banana:

We never ride it, and I made a special trip over there just to go on it and see the decorations, but that is when Fantasyland was closed down due to the smoke, and I never made it back there. So glad someone went and got pictures - get some more when you go!

Yes, Sherry, the tour seating puts you right in the parade action. The kids loved it, especially the youngest. You simply MUST do this if you have the opportunity. Though I will say, I thought the peppermint fudge was awful. It wasn't a really crisp peppermint flavor, which made me feel like I was chewing on a chunk of dried up toothpaste. The pumpkin fudge, on the other hand...YUM!

Ariel224 - that's what I was afraid of about the fudge. I like peppermint, but the texture and consistency have a lot to do with it. Peppermint ice cream is good because it's creamy. Peppermint mochas are good because they're smooth. I like a good York Peppermint Patty too, because it's crisp and cool. So what you describe about the fudge has me worried! I don't want dried toothpaste!! But, yes, the tour itself sounds delightful - and I hope hope hope that they don't remove anything from it next year to allow for Party exclusives (if there is a party, that is).

Looking forward to both of your Christmas trips. They keep me excited for ours at the end of the month. :thumbsup2

tksbaskets - you and Bret may have to join forces to be the DIS'ers who start a Christmas thread devoted to WDW on the 'other side' of the board and keep it going!!:rotfl2: No one on that side of the board seems to want to do it!

I heard it's an absolutel dreamland at Christmas. Someday I will go see for myself.

shayna111 - It is amazing, that's for sure! I hop you will get to see it for yourself, sooner than later! In the meantime, feel free to hang out with us here and enjoy all the photos and information.

Mexikolla - what an adorable family!!

Sherry...I know how much you love these so I took more this year just for you :goodvibes Can these count toward the Tree and Wreath Quests as well? :rotfl:

IMG_5346.jpg

IMG_5350.jpg

IMG_5351.jpg

Flitterific - Thank you so much for posting the Storybook photos!:goodvibes I'm glad that you and Ariel224 ventured onto the ride to snap photos - I think it's really an overlooked part of the season because the darn line is so long most of the time!

And, even though skiingfast and amamax2 already answered the question for me, I would have said YES - those count as Tree Quest or Wreath Quest photos!! If I'm counting fake candy trees in a candy shop and parade float trees, then the Storybook trees and wreaths count too!!

I didn't spend a lot of time at A Bug's Land last Christmas and was sad to see that the decorations there this year was at a bare minimum due to the construction everywhere :sad1:

IMG_6385.jpg

IMG_6386.jpg

IMG_6389.jpg

IMG_6381.jpg

IMG_6397.jpg

Sherry...I don't recall Roz wearing a Santa hat last year so I think it's something they added this year. Either that, or both our memories are failing us ;) :rotfl:
IMG_6379.jpg

I didn't spend any time in A Bug's Land last year - only in 2008. Have they really cut back on the decorations? I forget what all was there in 2008 to be able to notice what's missing this year. After the disappearance of Candy Corn Acres this Halloween and the New Orleans Square fiasco (with 50% of the holiday decorations and visual impact of the land being cut back), I don't put anything past those sneaky Disney people.

Okay - so I know I'm not the only one who doesn't recall Roz with a Santa hat!! It wouldn't be unheard of for my memory to be failing - I'm old - but I think you are much younger, so your memory has to be intact!!

wow haven't been on this thread in it seems forever!!!!

i'm just sitting here watch "polar express" and sipping hot cocoa planning my Disneyland Trip for December 14th!

i will, like Sherry, be staying at the Paradise Pier Hotel!!!
i'm so so so sooooooooooo excited!!!! Like i said a long time ago, i've never stayed at a disney on-site hotel, so this will be my first time even though it'sonly for one night!
i literally just booked it right now, i decided to splurge and get the concierge level so hope that turns out to be amazing

merry christmas everyone!

Yay, Jasmine!! So you will be staying at the PPH when I am there too! (I check out on December 15th.) Maybe we will run into each other in the hallways!! Or if you see a crazy woman taking pictures of trees and wreaths, you will know it's me!!!:rotfl2: You'll like the PPH, I think. It's really cute and fun - and you gotta love those Mickey ears bath products in the bathroom!

Yummmm...bread:
(Tip: If you plan on eating the bread right away, like we always do, you can ask for butter when you buy it)

amamax2 - I love all the photos, of course, but I especially LOVE the snowman bread!!

Yay, Jazz! Have a great time today.:goodvibes It's nice and sunny (but cold) right now! No more pouring rain and howling, gusty wind like there was last night (you're only about 15-20 minutes east of me right now).

Great photographic contributions, everyone! I had a rough night last night - was sick:sick: and my Internet went down so I couldn't get back on here. I was delighted to sign in today and see so many new and beautiful photos from everyone. I am so pleased that everyone seems to love this thread almost as much as I do and keeps it alive!

Ariel224 - that's what I was afraid of about the fudge. I like peppermint, but the texture and consistency has a lot to do with it. Peppermitn ice cream is good because it's creamy. Peppermint mochas are good because they're smooth. I like a good York Peppermint Patty too, because it's crisp and cool. So what you describe about the fudge has me worried! I don't want dried toothpaste!! But, yes, the tour itself sounds delightful - and I hope hope hope that they don't remove anything from it next year to allow for Party exclusives (if there is a party, that is).

I would have to say the flavor seemed more spearmint to me than peppermint. And you're right about texture playing a big role. Something else I will hesitantly mention about the peppermint fudge....My MIL likes to dissolve fudge in her mouth rather than chew it up. She said that she was left with a ball of waxy stuff that would not dissolve. She said that it is likey some sort of edible parafin that candy makers use as a filler, and that she was surprised because it is usually found in low quality candy. I threw the remainder of my peppermint out right then and there. :sick:

It was at the Pacific Wharf Cafe in DCA. They also have Christmas trees (made of dinner rolls interlocked together - we've gotten that before) and Candy Canes.

more lovely photos and posts from DLR :santa: This thread truly is my happy place lately :thumbsup2

I actually do remember the santa hat on roz/monsters inc. from last year. It was cute and we totally noticed it :goodvibes

tksbaskets - you and Bret may have to join forces to be the DIS'ers who start a Christmas thread devoted to WDW on the 'other side' of the board and keep it going!!:rotfl2: No one on that side of the board seems to want to do it!

Great photographic contributions, everyone! I had a rough night last night - was sick:sick: and my Internet went down so I couldn't get back on here. I was delighted to sign in today and see so many new and beautiful photos from everyone. I am so pleased that everyone seems to love this thread almost as much as I do and keeps it alive!

Maybe so, but those threads on the WDW go by so fast and the thread that I tried to start on the WDW thread can be on page two or three in just one day. I am not a WDW person than a DL person and that's why I stay on this side of the forum. Even though there is a lot of great info and more DISers on the WDW forum, I still like this side of forum with all the very nice DISers who love DL so much.

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick and hope you get soon for your trip.

Yay, Jasmine!! So you will be staying at the PPH when I am there too! (I check out on December 15th.) Maybe we will run into each other in the hallways!! Or if you see a crazy woman taking pictures of trees and wreaths, you will know it's me!!!:rotfl2: You'll like the PPH, I think. It's really cute and fun - and you gotta love those Mickey ears bath products in the bathroom!
oh my gosh! i had no idea they had mickey shaped bath products!! ahhhhhh cannot wait!:yay::yay:

I would have to say the flavor seemed more spearmint to me than peppermint. And you're right about texture playing a big role. Something else I will hesitantly mention about the peppermint fudge....My MIL likes to dissolve fudge in her mouth rather than chew it up. She said that she was left with a ball of waxy stuff that would not dissolve. She said that it is likey some sort of edible parafin that candy makers use as a filler, and that she was surprised because it is usually found in low quality candy. I threw the remainder of my peppermint out right then and there. :sick:

I'm a peppermint fan through and through but was wondering if I should skip this after trying the pumpkin fudge and throwing it out after one bite. I'll definitely save my money and put it towards a big ole cookie instead :)

oh my gosh! i had no idea they had mickey shaped bath products!! ahhhhhh cannot wait!:yay::yay:

Jasmine, this is what the PPH bath products look like:

017_6A-2.jpg

I like seeing them sitting there in the bathroom, on their little surfboard, waiting to greet me! They are such cute, happy little bottles!

Jasmine, this is what the PPH bath products look like:

017_6A-2.jpg

I like seeing them sitting there in the bathroom, on their little surfboard, waiting to greet me! They are such cute, happy little bottles!

so adorable!!! i can't wait! i can actually see my self reusing those bottles !:rotfl2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter