**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I'm looking ahead to February - we will basically have 1.5 days in Disney before our cruise. We have 1 day parkhoppers - flying in on Thursday and hoping the current schedule holds and will be able to do DAH in the MK on February 20th (this is the equivalent of the presidents week day they added late last year). If the hours are the same HEA was at 8, DAH was 9-12.

Has anyone ever done a dessert party in conjunction with DAH? I was thinking of doing the Plaza viewing with after party.

These were my two favorite extras of my last trip. I think the timing could work - IF they let us in a bit before 7pm we'd go straight to the plaza for a prime viewing spot, fireworks is over by 8:20 or so, and we could snack for a while and then do our DAH event. If it's more like 6 it would give us an hour to do a couple of things as well before the event.

Just want a reality check about whether this will work - I know my son probably won't eat 6 mickey bars after the dessert party but I think it is going to be very very crowded that week (as it is typically) and this would be the best way to hit all of the highlights of the MK for us without using our one day ticket (which will be used the next day before boarding cruise on Saturday).

I noticed when I was there they didn't do the best job updating the wait times.

I remember they had Jungle Cruise at like 20, and there was no one in line lol
The line for space was HUGE after the 11 pm villain show (around 11:30). We came out of the gift shop and it was backed way out of the front entrance

I think Disney tried calling me today about the buses but I was asleep. I tried calling back and it just kept ringing. Is there a number I should call?

I think Disney tried calling me today about the buses but I was asleep. I tried calling back and it just kept ringing. Is there a number I should call?

What was the problem with the buses?

We stood waiting for 40 minutes to get back to wilderness lodge with a whole group of people. There were 3 buses for old key west while we were waiting and the last bus only picked up two people. We were basically the last group at the bus depot and didn’t get picked up until after 2 am.

Ah, gotcha. I missed that in the thread.

Wow! I’m stunned there wasn’t a transportation guy around to notice a big line for so long. What a frustrating way to end the night.
There was a guy but when I asked him he said he couldn’t do anything and was pretty rude about it. He said “only the man in the booth can do anything and you CAN’T walk over there so sorry”. He just was not very friendly at all.

We were there last night. We had a good time. So worth it to avoid the crowds and heat. I would definitely do it again.
We arrived at 6:30 and were let in about 6:40.
We bought Villain t shirts and changed into them. I thought they would be the thicker material , but they were not. They were lightweight and comfortable.
We had a fastpass for Peter Pan, but decided to eat at Tony's ( my teens choice). Tried to modify PP for later but nothing available so we got IASW.
After eating at Tony's we had a FP for Seven Dwarfs. The fireworks were going off by the time we got to SDMT.
After we finshed watching the fireworks in Fantasyland we headed to Splash Mountain and Big Thunder. They did check our bands before we walked into Frontierland. Splash and Big Thunder were walk on.
Walked toward the castle and ran into the Maleficent dragon and his friends :goodvibes
After that we went to Jungle Cruise and Pirates. Jungle Cruise was walk on and Pirates was about 5 minutes.
Space Mountain was about 10 minute wait. Checked Seven Dwarfs wait time it was 30 minutes, so we skipped it. Peter Pan was 5 minute wait but we skipped it.
Haunted Mansion walk on.
So the run down.
It's a Small World FP
Seven Dwarfs FP
Splash Mountain walk on
Big Thunder walk on
Jungle Cruise walk on
Pirates of the Caribbean 5 minute wait
Haunted Mansion walk on
Space Mountain 10 minute wait
Eating at Tony's was not a good idea because we were not hungry for any of the free treats. I did get 2 bottles of water.
We rode everything we wanted and could of rode more rides but we just took it slow and only rode our favorites.
I got a few pictures and a video I will post. The video is not loading for me right now so I will post it later.

Sounds like a fun night, @maryj11! Thanks for the report! I agree that being able to beat the heat in the summer is great!
The park was so crowded when we got there it was hard to walk. I was so thankful when it cleared out! I wish I had taken a picture of the crowds when we arrived. I do have one of Main Street about 11:30.

The park was so crowded when we got there it was hard to walk. I was so thankful when it cleared out! I wish I had taken a picture of the crowds when we arrived. I do have one of Main Street about 11:30.

Looks glorious! Were the reddish lights a "villains" effect? I haven't purchased tickets yet but I think we're doing the 8/8 event. I'm curious about the t-shirt...I wonder if the blog has pictures of the merch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter