**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Wonder if those of us who attended the early parties can get one somehow??? I’d have LOVED for this to be offered at our party!!
Just saw this on the "other" site
As a courtesy to all Villains After Hours attendees, Annual Passholders who attended past Villains After Hours events will also be eligible to receive the complimentary ornament at a later date, while supplies last.

hi -- wondering if anyone in this thread knows the answer to my question below....posted under dessert party but no replies!

i am thinking of booking the after fireworks dessert party at MK but how does it work if there is an after hours park event that night?
fireworks are at 9:15pm -- assume they are about 15min long and we get back to the dessert area by 9:40pm (or later?)
do they kick us out at 10pm when the after hours event starts? Seems like a very small window of time to sit and enjoy our desserts, we do not want to be rushed out of the dessert party.
Any experiences to share?
pre-fireworks dessert parties are not available on our night and its our last night at MK!

As a courtesy to all Villains After Hours attendees, Annual Passholders who attended past Villains After Hours events will also be eligible to receive the complimentary ornament at a later date, while supplies last.

I’m planning to call them and ask if we can have ornaments mailed to us somehow! We won’t be back til October and I want one !

Which does me no good being back in Ohio - darn it!

If I'm in Magic Kingdom the night of Villains After Hours can I stay for the stage show w/ out a badge? I understand that I won't be able to ride anything. Or how does that work? Am I kicked out at the close of the park?

If I'm in Magic Kingdom the night of Villains After Hours can I stay for the stage show w/ out a badge? I understand that I won't be able to ride anything. Or how does that work? Am I kicked out at the close of the park?

All the reports I've read say that cast members are actively looking for bands and asking folks without them to exit the park.

Going this Thurs, hope there's a way I can still get an ornament at some point since I won't be going again when they are handing them out

No you definitely can’t stay for the stage show. That’s part of the admission price so cms will usher you out before that starts.

No. From easywdw.com's review:
"Unlike the After Hours events elsewhere, there’s a concerted effort to clear the Park with several walls of cast members sending those without wristbands towards the exit beginning right at 10pm. If they didn’t, then those who didn’t pay would be able to linger long enough to see some of the event-exclusive entertainment."
review_disney_villains_after_hours_magic_kingdom-95.jpg

We bought platinum APs today and they’re linked to our names on MDE. When I look at buying villain dah tickets it says I need to update my account to show that we have APs. I’m not really sure what to do because they already show up in my account. Anyone know what to do?

We went to the Villains party on 6/13. We haven't been to another DAH event to compare, and I'm glad we did this once, but it would not be a repeat party for us. As someone else mentioned, even going in at 7pm, it feels like you can't get to everything you want if you take in the show (I want to say it was about 20 minutes - Maleficent circling around the hub before the show was neat to see). 7DMT and SM had surprisingly (to us) long waits which combined to eating up an hour of the party (we should have done those prior to it starting, but didn't). The loud soundtrack on SM didn't add to the fun, and the club vibe with top 40ish music in the hub in between shows was a miss IMO. I was sent a survey this week and put those thoughts in there about the music.

We had no issues getting the complimentary snacks as those lines were short, but unfortunately did not get to the merch in time to grab a tumbler (we did get a shirt). My youngest got the Yzma’s Llama Potion at Cool Ship which was Strawberry Fanta in a dry ice cup (almost $8! 😐) but we didn't try any other special party items.

The best thing was being with my kids of course, the crowds were definitely manageable, and the rain held off for the party time itself (yay!), so I'm not disappointed we tried it out at all. I do wish we were able to get that new AP Hades ornament now though - dang! Here's the picture some of you have asked about (we are notoriously bad at these!). This was the only place we stopped for a pic during the party (felt there was no time!), but we did get a purple wall pic before the party began. CM were doing a great job of checking for party wristbands.

We FP Pooh and Buzz Lightyear before the party (did not have day tickets), and ended up riding Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and BTMR before the park closed to day guests at 10pm.
Can't remember the order, but we rode during the party SM, 7DMT, Pirates (the live actors were a fun touch), Jungle Cruise, PeopleMover, Little Mermaid, and watched the second stage show. Oh, there were some really cute Villainous costumes and many themed t-shirts, so feel free to dress up and have fun!

We went to the Villains party on 6/13. We haven't been to another DAH event to compare, and I'm glad we did this once, but it would not be a repeat party for us. As someone else mentioned, even going in at 7pm, it feels like you can't get to everything you want if you take in the show (I want to say it was about 20 minutes - Maleficent circling around the hub before the show was neat to see). 7DMT and SM had surprisingly (to us) long waits which combined to eating up an hour of the party (we should have done those prior to it starting, but didn't). The loud soundtrack on SM didn't add to the fun, and the club vibe with top 40ish music in the hub in between shows was a miss IMO. I was sent a survey this week and put those thoughts in there about the music.

We had no issues getting the complimentary snacks as those lines were short, but unfortunately did not get to the merch in time to grab a tumbler (we did get a shirt). My youngest got the Yzma’s Llama Potion at Cool Ship which was Strawberry Fanta in a dry ice cup (almost $8! 😐) but we didn't try any other special party items.

The best thing was being with my kids of course, the crowds were definitely manageable, and the rain held off for the party time itself (yay!), so I'm not disappointed we tried it out at all. I do wish we were able to get that new AP Hades ornament now though - dang! Here's the picture some of you have asked about (we are notoriously bad at these!). This was the only place we stopped for a pic during the party (felt there was no time!), but we did get a purple wall pic before the party began. CM were doing a great job of checking for party wristbands.

We FP Pooh and Buzz Lightyear before the party (did not have day tickets), and ended up riding Haunted Mansion, It's a Small World, and BTMR before the park closed to day guests at 10pm.
Can't remember the order, but we rode during the party SM, 7DMT, Pirates (the live actors were a fun touch), Jungle Cruise, PeopleMover, Little Mermaid, and watched the second stage show. Oh, there were some really cute Villainous costumes and many themed t-shirts, so feel free to dress up and have fun!
View attachment 410159
OK, that is too dang cute!!! Thanks for sharing, that is now top of my list!!!

I also attended 6.13, haven't done any other DAH events, and while I enjoyed it, it's also a one-and-done for me.

The highlights where:

... seeing Maleficent up close. There were very few people around, and she's even more incredible when you can really see her, plus there was something special about her being out on her own, instead of in the parade.
... the live pirates added to PoC where a lot of fun and added nicely to the ride. I'd love to see them do this more often.
... every ride I did was walk up.
... the Villain's harassing people from the upper level of the train station was also fun.

I was solo this trip and I think this event is something that really would have been more fun in a group. I took a bounding outfit with me, but ended up not wearing it and kind of wish I had. I had also hoped that after dark would be cooler and more comfortable, but it was still quite muggy... totally outside of Disney's control, but it would have made a difference for me. I didn't partake in any of the snacks, and skipped both stage shows, not sure if doing either of these would have made the evening more enjoyable or not.

Again, I enjoyed it and am glad I did it, but don't know that I would do another.

Between the humidity and low light, this isn't a good picture, but there she is in all her glory!

I also attended 6.13, haven't done any other DAH events, and while I enjoyed it, it's also a one-and-done for me.

The highlights where:

... seeing Maleficent up close. There were very few people around, and she's even more incredible when you can really see her, plus there was something special about her being out on her own, instead of in the parade.
... the live pirates added to PoC where a lot of fun and added nicely to the ride. I'd love to see them do this more often.
... every ride I did was walk up.
... the Villain's harassing people from the upper level of the train station was also fun.

I was solo this trip and I think this event is something that really would have been more fun in a group. I took a bounding outfit with me, but ended up not wearing it and kind of wish I had. I had also hoped that after dark would be cooler and more comfortable, but it was still quite muggy... totally outside of Disney's control, but it would have made a difference for me. I didn't partake in any of the snacks, and skipped both stage shows, not sure if doing either of these would have made the evening more enjoyable or not.

Again, I enjoyed it and am glad I did it, but don't know that I would do another.

Between the humidity and low light, this isn't a good picture, but there she is in all her glory!

View attachment 410165
Interesting that you mention the weather on 6/13 as we thought the night was about as perfect as you could get in Florida in summer! Even my husband (who’s always hot!) commented on how pleasant the night was! Of course, I realize it’s all relative, and we were coming off some majorly hot days earlier in our trip, but we thought the weather was one of the highlights of the night!

People talking about not having enough time to do things, and here I am thinking I am going to have a hard time stretching it out to make through the entire time.

Interesting that you mention the weather on 6/13 as we thought the night was about as perfect as you could get in Florida in summer! Even my husband (who’s always hot!) commented on how pleasant the night was! Of course, I realize it’s all relative, and we were coming off some majorly hot days earlier in our trip, but we thought the weather was one of the highlights of the night!
The evening before was perfection for me, but then again I spent part of it just sitting in one of the rocking chairs at Crockett's Tavern, waiting for Hoop De Doo... maybe I was working too hard at having fun during DAH 😉.

hi -- wondering if anyone in this thread knows the answer to my question below....posted under dessert party but no replies!

i am thinking of booking the after fireworks dessert party at MK but how does it work if there is an after hours park event that night?
fireworks are at 9:15pm -- assume they are about 15min long and we get back to the dessert area by 9:40pm (or later?)
do they kick us out at 10pm when the after hours event starts? Seems like a very small window of time to sit and enjoy our desserts, we do not want to be rushed out of the dessert party.
Any experiences to share?
pre-fireworks dessert parties are not available on our night and its our last night at MK!
I've been wondering this same thing! I have the after fireworks dessert party booked for Aug. 1 with my daughter, booked it before the Villians AH event was announced and dates released, and now I'm wondering if we're going to be forced to shove our food down and be forced out of the park. I kind of want to do this party, but I'm still on the fence, I just don't want the $100+ dollars I've already spent on the dessert party to be wasted if our time is cut short and we haven't decided to do the party.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter