**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I need some technical support please :) - whenever I try to click on the "Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park" on the Special Events and Tours page, I get the message: "This page isn't working...disneyworld.disney.go.com redirected you too many times". It directs me to try to clear my cookies but I've done that and it doesn't seem to be the issue. It's kind of annoying because I'm not able to check to see if any new dates are released. Fortunately, I can follow this thread to get that info (thanks everyone!) but it would be nice to be able to check firsthand (and book online if dates open up). It's weird though because I can click on the links to the other DAH events with no issue. Any suggestions?
This link works fine for me:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/magic-kingdom/magic-kingdom-after-hours/

Oh, we have the proof in a pic from DAH in January. DH, myself and DS7. DS smiling, and both DH and I grimacing from the pain. It is a hilarious picture, framed of course. :)

That's hilarious! I don't know, I think maybe 3 would be my limit for Space at this point - although I love it and I'd be tempted for more if I had the opportunity, but I think I'd regret it! Oh to be young...

DAH was pretty nice tonight. Definitely worth the dvc discounted price for the ticket.

It did seem busy and I was disappointed only 1 loading area was running for BTM, but we did almost everything and had a good time.

I’d definitely pay for this event again.

It would be nice if there was a 30 minute break like AK though to clear out the queues and let the HEA watchers clear out. Getting around the first 30 mins was nuts

DAH was pretty nice tonight. Definitely worth the dvc discounted price for the ticket.

It did seem busy and I was disappointed only 1 loading area was running for BTM, but we did almost everything and had a good time.

I’d definitely pay for this event again.

It would be nice if there was a 30 minute break like AK though to clear out the queues and let the HEA watchers clear out. Getting around the first 30 mins was nuts

Did you watch the fireworks from the front of the castle and then make your way to the rides?

Last edited:
Reporting back our experience last night. Myself, hubby, and 4 kids ages 7-10. We had a great time! Last night was our arrival night and I don’t think there is a better way to start your trip. It definitely felt much much less busy than a party night but never empty. We arrived about 6:20 and headed straight in through the After Hours line. Signed Mickey’s birthday book and meet Mickey/Minnie with a FP.5:30-6:30. Fought the crowd going down stream on Main Street. Leisurely walked through Adventure Land taking in the sights. I feel like we never walk slowly so this was enjoyable. Rode Splash with a FP 6:30-7:30. Got drenched but loved it. It was down for refurbishment our last trip. My DD left her ears in the boat so we ate up some time having CMs look for them with no luck. Rode Big Thunder with FP 7:30. Came off right before 8 and rode a second time with a 5 min wait. Fireworks were going which was super cool. Headed to the snack cart by splash bridge and got ALL the snacks. So fun! We watched the rest of the fireworks from there and then started touring.
Ride after fireworks.
HM, 7D (posted 20 more like 10), Pooh, snacks, BarnStormer 3xs without getting off, Space 2xs, Buzz, snacks, lots of pictures in the hub and Main Street it was very empty at this time, I also took pics randomly as the walkways were empty, Peter Pan, Tangled lantern pic, 7D one last time. I had planned to ride a couple more before jumping in line for 7D but kids were getting tired. So we got in line about 10:45 and got off just after 11. Headed out down a very crowded Main St considering. Only Ferry and buses were running.
All in all I would definitely do it again.
Thanks for all the tips from this thread!

I need some technical support please :) - whenever I try to click on the "Disney After Hours at Magic Kingdom Park" on the Special Events and Tours page, I get the message: "This page isn't working...disneyworld.disney.go.com redirected you too many times". It directs me to try to clear my cookies but I've done that and it doesn't seem to be the issue. It's kind of annoying because I'm not able to check to see if any new dates are released. Fortunately, I can follow this thread to get that info (thanks everyone!) but it would be nice to be able to check firsthand (and book online if dates open up). It's weird though because I can click on the links to the other DAH events with no issue. Any suggestions?
It's probably Disney's website It messes up all the time.

It's probably Disney's website It messes up all the time.

Thank you both for your replies! I think you are right maryj11...it is a function of the website. I am from Canada and am automatically directed to the Canadian version of the website which has been glitchy in the past in terms of not being able to view room photos, for example. I went to the website today and changed it to the US version and sure enough, I was able to access the link for MK DAH. I'm sure it will magically correct itself at some point, as is usually the case :). Thanks again!!

Saw Tim Tracker on BTMRR towards the beginning of DAH last night. Was two parties ahead of me. A few people were yelling out at him. Was super cool to see him at the park. I asked if he would let me take a pic which he was cool with. He sat a few rows being me on our train. Super cool. His hair was magnificent in real life :)

My last DAH trip was August 18. I felt last night wasn’t too packed but we got less done for some reason.

We did:

Jungle Cruise (on line around 7:50ish)
Tiki Room
PoTC
Splash
BTMRR
Haunted Mansion
Small World
Little Mermaid
Pooh
Space Mountain
Buzz
Peter Pan
Mine Train

We went at a pretty chill pace. We circled back to Peter Pan because the line appeared long (spilling out of the inside queue area). Mine Train appeared long too and was posted 15-20 mins. By the time we circled back to PP it was a walk on. Mine train we got on line at 10:45pm, we were off the train at 11:01.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter