**Disney After Hours - Magic Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Planning a trip down June 12-16 just to be able to attend the Villains after hours on 6/13! Very excited !

Planning a trip down June 12-16 just to be able to attend the Villains after hours on 6/13! Very excited !

I'm doing the same! Fly in after work on Wednesday, lounge by the pool Thursday morning, Villains!, fly home Friday morning. Can I ask why you picked that week? I'm struggling to pick a week. I can't decide if 6/6 would be best (people are waiting on reviews before booking, fewer people in the park) or if a random week in July (hotter, but by then the rush is worn off) would be better.

I'm doing the same! Fly in after work on Wednesday, lounge by the pool Thursday morning, Villains!, fly home Friday morning. Can I ask why you picked that week? I'm struggling to pick a week. I can't decide if 6/6 would be best (people are waiting on reviews before booking, fewer people in the park) or if a random week in July (hotter, but by then the rush is worn off) would be better.

I was going to shoot for the 6/6 one but I wanted to have reviews of the first one to know what to expect before going . We had to go in June because I’m going to Nashville in July and in an non-Disney Florida vacation in August. The later weeks in June flights were more expensive so June 12-16 won lol! Plus we got a great AP rate at Caribbean Beach

What was the wait time for the lines that were “too long”?

I skipped Jungle Cruise because the line was too long for me, but it was before the start of the event. I don't remember what it was posted as, but I saw the line and called an audible. It was a good call because we walked right on Pirates. BTMRR was posted at 20. I didn't get a look at the line, so I don't know how accurate it was.

This is a great option for locals or people just passing through Orlando for 1 day but I am priced out. $140pp on top of the regular park admission is just too much.

regular park admission prices keep rising and the hours get shorter and shorter due to paid mornings and paid after hours & then never ending parties. I know things change but I'm a little bitter that the good old days of being rewarded for staying on property with worthwhile extra morning and evening hours are gone.

The only way I would consider after hours (at this price) is if Disney announced dates well in advance so we could purchase a few special tickets instead of regular admission. I'm sure this is why Disney adds these type of dates so last minute, they want the double dip.

Do we know the details about when these tickets go on sale? I know its 4/29 but will they be available online or only by calling? What time? Will most likely be going to the 6/13 party and don't want to miss out!

Planning on attending the Villains event on June 6 as our last park day. Anybody know what time the tickets will go onsale on 4/29?

We have 16 May booked. Plan is to do the outdoor rides and fit everything else around them - Splash if it isn't too cool, Mine Train, Jungle Cruise and Big Thunder. We'll do the People Mover if it's running. Probably can skip Astro Orbiter and Dumbo, but we'll see. Any others worth doing at night that should be prioritised?

I have a hard time imagining it being too cool for Splash in May! Even in the evening it feels nice and toasty to me, but I am sensitive to the heat.

I have a hard time imagining it being too cool for Splash in May! Even in the evening it feels nice and toasty to me, but I am sensitive to the heat.
We've been to Disney in January, February, March and May and it's never been too cold for Splash. One year was too cold for me to get in the pool (though the kids thought it was fine!) but never too cold for Splash. You really don't get that wet on the ride.

Reactions: CJN
We've been to Disney in January, February, March and May and it's never been too cold for Splash. One year was too cold for me to get in the pool (though the kids thought it was fine!) but never too cold for Splash. You really don't get that wet on the ride.
I hate to disagree but you can definitely get wet on splash. When we rode last March my niece and I got completely soaked. I’m talking all the way through my clothes soaked: tops and bottoms.

I hate to disagree but you can definitely get wet on splash. When we rode last March my niece and I got completely soaked. I’m talking all the way through my clothes soaked: tops and bottoms.
Well sure, there's a random chance of getting wet, but I still haven't been to Disney when it was too cold to ride Splash. And certainly not trying to start an argument about the wetness of Splash Mountain. Just saying that we've been on Splash at 11 p.m. in February and loved it.

Reactions: CJN
Well sure, there's a random chance of getting wet, but I still haven't been to Disney when it was too cold to ride Splash. And certainly not trying to start an argument about the wetness of Splash Mountain. Just saying that we've been on Splash at 11 p.m. in February and loved it.
I wasn’t starting an argument. I was just saying you can totally get wet on it....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter