**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

DH(1st timer), DD, and I were at the June 21st DAH. We decided to take our time arriving since it was our last time, and DH requested to take the boat from the Yachtclub. We arrived around 8:15 even though entry is allowed earlier than start of the event. The atmosphere inside the park was fun and jovial...cast members and day guests alike.
We rode TOT (walk on with "13" min wait) and RNRC prior to event start.
Watched most of the Star Wars show
Rode Star Tours x2
Snacks - 2 Diet Cokes, 1 water, and 2 Mickey bars
Aliens x 1
TSM x1 (Had to check us in to SWA for our flight the next day)
Broke off with DH...DD and I went back to TOT and RNRC while he rode TSM and SDD
Met back up with DH and rode SDDx2 and ended with TSM x 1
It was such a fun laid back night...not crowded at all. Snack carts were easily found and cast members were actually begging us to take snacks.

Ride/snack summary
TOT x 3
RNRC x 3
Star Tours x 2
TSM x3
Aliens x1
SDD x3

Abundant snack carts for many ice cream, pop corn, and drink snacks(begging us to take multiple snacks each time)

Overall, the night was an exciting fun time. Cast members were happy and interacting through the end. Left at 12:35am. Such a total difference from earlier in the week when we attended DAK DAH. I would definitely do this again, but sadly it most likely won't be offlered once SWGE opens.

I was at the June 21 event - probably the best DHS After Hours that I’ve attended as far as crowds and wait times. It was a last minute call and we didn’t get tickets until that afternoon. We arrived right before the event started and the park already felt empty.

We went straight to RnRC - they were turning away people without bands (it was after 9pm but before the official start at 9:30). We were wondering what was going on as we walked through and there was no one else there - we ended up with our own “private” limo and pick your own row. Circled back for another ride - more people were arriving but another walk on.

By the time we left, Fantasmic was letting out and the street traffic increased. We went over to ToT - which showed a 13 minute wait, but was not a walk-on as the queue stopped well outside the hotel lobby. Total wait ended up around 15 minutes. As we got to the boiler room, we saw that they were only running the right side. Both the crowds and CMs were having a great time though and terrific energy - something that continued throughout the night.

Stopped at the cart outside Fantasmic afterwards - great at the start of the evening but later on they were struggling. They were out of ice cream sandwiches and water a little after 11:30pm. The next closest cart was over by Star Tours - they really need something in between.

Made our way over to TSL after 10pm. Heaviest crowds here as expected. About a 10 min wait for TSM and 5 min for AS2. No lines at the TSL cart. More people than I expected at Woody’s Lunchbox. Moderately long lines for all of the characters - longest for Woody and Bo Peep (didn’t do any of them but from experience I’d say around a 10-20 min wait for each of those).

Headed over to Slinky - wait time was posted as 35 minutes. Total wait time was actually 20 min. After doing all three AH last week, I noticed that all of the headliners (FoP, Slinky, and 7DMT) generally run about a 20-30 min wait at these events. While much better than the daytime standby waits, I still feel that’s pushing it for a 3-hour upcharge event.

Wrapped up the evening with Star Tours, then back over to RnRC for a few more rides. Caught part of movie magic show. Soaked in the empty park vibe and left on the early side. I haven’t been a huge fan of past DSH After Hours (including one where Slinky was down half the night and the other rides got crushed the first 90 minutes) - but this one redeemed it somewhat for me.

And if anyone read my Villains synopsis and my preference for having the park to yourself at After Hours, here’s a few pics from around the park two hours into the event.

4F2EE62F-6CD8-4E04-BF72-E68259818CD6.jpeg
78D17C6D-4D2B-4676-8E81-B2E30569C080.jpeg
9AD4B9DD-6614-4EF5-8AC8-E7D2831080BA.jpeg
CFD8CC1B-0800-4447-9718-E9E34EF37481.jpeg
A0A526E5-E891-4F32-B799-CD953051B290.jpeg

do you think they will add any dates for the beginning of August before the new land opens?

My ‘guess’ would be no. They probably have dates held off for various last minute construction, media events, other special events, etc.

But is it actually 35 minutes or just a posted wait of 35?
Here now... can confirm definitely 35 when posted, 25 minute wait when I walked up l, been standing in the courtyard for 5-10 minutes now. Just like all things Disney... anything that was once good usually is oversold... I’ve been to three after hours in the past including a Hollywood studios (this past May) and this has at least twice as many people here. I’ve been to two sold old nights at other parks and the waits were never like this. I’m hoping it’s just because it’s summer time so Disney chose to sell more tickets... tonight wasn’t even sold out last I checked..I was at villains last night and it was pretty bad as well. I’ll write a review later this week when I get home.

Here now... can confirm definitely 35 when posted, 25 minute wait when I walked up l, been standing in the courtyard for 5-10 minutes now. Just like all things Disney... anything that was once good usually is oversold... I’ve been to three after hours in the past including a Hollywood studios (this past May) and this has at least twice as many people here. I’ve been to two sold old nights at other parks and the waits were never like this. I’m hoping it’s just because it’s summer time so Disney chose to sell more tickets... tonight wasn’t even sold out last I checked..I was at villains last night and it was pretty bad as well. I’ll write a review later this week when I get home.
Disappointed to say the least.

I think tot is running less elevators so that could definitely be a factor. Disney’s website says tonight isn’t sold out. What’s the wait at SDD?

We were at the villain dah last night and while there were crowds, the waits for rides weren’t bad at all

I think tot is running less elevators so that could definitely be a factor. Disney’s website says tonight isn’t sold out. What’s the wait at SDD?

We were at the villain dah last night and while there were crowds, the waits for rides weren’t bad at all

MDE says 25 minutes.

We got in line for slinky at the beginning of the night (9:35) and waited almost exactly 25 minutes... tower is only running one side of the tower and it’s the opposite side of what was running in May during after hours which is interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter