**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

I don't think we will see any DAH after July for a while, they would've posted with the rest of the updated dates.

This is what I think too, because it is reasonable. But...Disney did announce MK dates for July and August before they announced dates for AK and DHS. Not any consistency here.

I super excited to see After Hours dates announced, but a bit bummed that there is no August for HS. I was hoping they would keep them up until the GE opening. I agree with those who have said we likely won't be seeing any August dates added at this point. Doesn't make a lot of sense that they would announce for the other 2 parks and leave HS out. Then again, nothing should surprise any of us where Disney announcements are concerned and it's not always what expected.

I am for sure going to jump on the 8/29 MK one and I'm now debating doing AK since it moved to Monday (was previously Tuesdays). That one is the night before a MK EMM for me though, so I will have to choose one or the other.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they bring them back in time for our December trip. If we can't get a DAHs for HS we might skip that park and go to Universal that day instead.
I guess I'll see what fast passes we can get but I just dont want to fight the crowds.

This is what I think too, because it is reasonable. But...Disney did announce MK dates for July and August before they announced dates for AK and DHS. Not any consistency here.

Yep, Disney just showed their hand (in my opinion) when it comes to when DAH will end at DHS.
This is my personal thought process: they are obviously suffering from lack of people, they updated the DAH, they came out with new "value" ticket, they still have rooms on sale for June, July and August. My only reasoning for lack of DAH at DHS for August is that they are planning on extensive previews for SWGE, CM, hopefully DVC and AP plus media days.
Just my thought process

Ok got my FPs switched around (it hurt to cancel that Slinky). Got my dining canceled/revised. I'm ready to buy our tickets!

Well, bummed about no August dates. Going to give up the ghost now and just do an Early Morning Magic.

This is my personal thought process: they are obviously suffering from lack of people, they updated the DAH, they came out with new "value" ticket, they still have rooms on sale for June, July and August. My only reasoning for lack of DAH at DHS for August is that they are planning on extensive previews for SWGE, CM, hopefully DVC and AP plus media days.
Just my thought process

Good points and ones I hadn't considered. Thanks for your input.

I wish they would give an answer..."no, we not adding August" or even, "hey, we just haven't decided yet, but our cutoff for deciding is on xx date" Both of these would be useful answers. My kids really really really want DHS after hours (mostly because of reduced capacity at TOT) and think I should wait some more. I think I should consider switching things around to do AK DAH instead.

Good points and ones I hadn't considered. Thanks for your input.

I wish they would give an answer..."no, we not adding August" or even, "hey, we just haven't decided yet, but our cutoff for deciding is on xx date" Both of these would be useful answers. My kids really really really want DHS after hours (mostly because of reduced capacity at TOT) and think I should wait some more. I think I should consider switching things around to do AK DAH instead.
There are A LOT of things that Disney does that leave guests in the dark. So much bad publicity and anger could be alleviated by just putting some info out there, instead of leaving everyone guessing and begging for dates and information. Yet we have to plan dining 6 months out and fps 30 days out. it would just be good customer service. However, on the flip side, when you put a date out there you have to be ready on that date, and they aren't so good at that either.

Aw. The only date offered while we are there is the night we booked Hoop Dee Doo back in January. Why did I choose that particular night, you ask? Because DHS AHs were scheduled on Saturdays until the last batch and so I gambled. Since tables are assigned in booking order, the family chose DHS EMM and keeping Hoop. Really sad we will never get a chance to do this AH.

Aw. The only date offered while we are there is the night we booked Hoop Dee Doo back in January. Why did I choose that particular night, you ask? Because DHS AHs were scheduled on Saturdays until the last batch and so I gambled. Since tables are assigned in booking order, the family chose DHS EMM and keeping Hoop. Really sad we will never get a chance to do this AH.

I donno, I love Hoop. That’d be a legit toss up for me, and Hoop would probably win. :-)

Not sure I am going to do this one. While I am there it is only being offered on my arrival day which I arrive late afternoon. Definitely going to do the AK one.

Not sure I am going to do this one. While I am there it is only being offered on my arrival day which I arrive late afternoon. Definitely going to do the AK one.

I thought about doing AK, too, because we are already planning to be there on 7/8. We have an early day the next day, though. :(

Just dumped EMM in favor of DAH. I decided with the uncertainty about whether or not our EMM date was oversold, combined with the ability for DS to ride ToT until he throws up (hopefully not really :crazy2:), it just made more sense to do DAH. It's on our arrival day, and the next morning we've got a PPO at GG, plus H20 Glow that night, so it's going to be a lonnnnnnng couple of days. But I figure since it's at the beginning of the trip when we're both running around in an adrenaline-fueled mania, it'll work out. :cool1:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!