**Disney After Hours-Hollywood Studios** FAQ & Discussion Thread

None of the announcements list January 26th as a DAH date, but when you click on the little calander in the HS DAH page it says “ticketed event” at 8:30pm. Is this an error or are they adding dates?

This is how busy TOT was... overall empty park. We rode Slonky around 11 and it was a legit walk on. RocknRoller Coaster was walk on all night too ... if you wanted to just do rides this was well worth it. We rode things almost 20x in 3 hours. You didn’t have to watch any preshow either.

Attachments

• 6E5906BE-46A4-4917-A3C5-61E17BB9E020.jpeg
    6E5906BE-46A4-4917-A3C5-61E17BB9E020.jpeg
    107.7 KB · Views: 159

This is how busy TOT was... overall empty park. We rode Slonky around 11 and it was a legit walk on. RocknRoller Coaster was walk on all night too ... if you wanted to just do rides this was well worth it. We rode things almost 20x in 3 hours. You didn’t have to watch any preshow either.
That picture is awesome! I’m just hoping the event doesn’t get popular and more crowded.

Sorry if this has already been answered.

Can a pass holder or DVC member purchase tickets at the discounted price for family members or others in their party who are not passholders or DVC members? For example, if I am traveling with an adult daughter who does not live at our address (so not eligible for a DVC AP discount) could I purchase 2 discounted tickets and have her use one?

Can a pass holder or DVC member purchase tickets at the discounted price for family members or others in their party who are not passholders or DVC members? For example, if I am traveling with an adult daughter who does not live at our address (so not eligible for a DVC AP discount) could I purchase 2 discounted tickets and have her use one?

The exact number of how many discounted tickets one can buy with either type of discount comes up from time to time with these After Hours events and is surprisingly unclear/vague! With APs, 3 extra discounted tickets (in addition to yours) gets mentioned a lot as the rule. I'm not sure how it works with DVC. YMMV!

None of the announcements list January 26th as a DAH date, but when you click on the little calander in the HS DAH page it says “ticketed event” at 8:30pm. Is this an error or are they adding dates?

Thanks for this, first I've seen of it I think. It's either an error on the calendar or they are adding it as a date and haven't updated the DAH website list of dates yet. If anyone calls and is able to buy tickets for 1/26, I'd appreciate any info. Thanks!

Going 1/23- 1/27. I just tried to book the event on 1/26. According to the CM, it's not showing up as an event that evening. I told her about the discrepancy with the listed dates and what's on park hours on the Disney website. She also found what we have been seeing. She then called recreation to see if they had any information. Recreation said that as of now it's not available for sale and that it's POSSIBLE it will be added or that it could be a DVC event(??) but it could also just be a mistake on the calendar on the website. She advised that I keep checking.

We attended this last night as well. For those who enjoy time stamps, I made sure to record a few:

7:53pm Bus leaves AKL.
8:17pm Bus parks at DHS (insane bus traffic getting in).
8:26pm Finished at GS window to link tickets (asked to show DVC member card to confirm discount).
8:29pm Heading to TSL.
8:33pm in line for SDD, posted 15 minute wait; actual wait time 11 minutes.
9:01pm finish third ride on SDD and head out of TSL in search of sustenance.

For anyone wondering- there are no "free" snack carts located in TSL. if you want the bottled drinks, popcorn or ice cream bars, you have to go to beside One Man's Dream. I hope that they add a cart in TSL for future events as we lost some precious time this way.

We don't do the thrill rides, so I can't speak to those, but the wait times showed walk-on for those the same as previous posters have mentioned. In total, we did SDDx4, AS2x2 (DS was allowed to just stay on and ride again), and Star Tours x2. The waits for characters in TSL looked about 10 groups deep all night, so about the same as EMM. We decided against TSMM since it's such a huge time suck and DS wasn't going to make it past 10:30. We did end up leaving exactly at 10:30.

Overall, having done both this and EMM, I'd give the edge to DAH for now. Though breakfast is not included, you do get fed and there is not that frenetic pace that I find is present at EMM events where you are desperately trying to cram in as many rides on the headliners as possible to get your money's worth before the rope drop crowd comes in. This was a very chilled-out, relaxed pace where if DS wanted to sit and eat a box of popcorn and a Mickey bar while watching the stray cats scamper around at Backlot Express, I didn't feel the need to yank him away from that because of the feeling that every second is having to be accounted for in terms of cost. Just my two cents, of course! Any questions about the event, feel free to ask :).

DVC let me buy one for my brother who will be going with us. I have to get our tickets from will call with my membership card

Hoping to hear how SW character meets were. I assume no waits. We are bringing a newbie who is a SW freak, so hoping to hit those meets for her. :)
I was monitoring all of the wait times throughout the evening up until 10:30pm. BB-8 had a 5 minute wait all night. Chewie was between 5-15, as was Kylo.

Did Lunch Box & Anaheim Produce have their full menus available? Which bar carts were open?

People already bash HS and won't "waste" time of their regular park tickets going there. I bet the price tag on this keeps them away and that's fine with me!
We were in that crowd until TSL opened. I seriously love the whole theming and the rides are so cute. We aren’t fans of SDMT but I’ll ride SDD over and over. We also took our niece this year for her first trip and she absolutely loved rnrc and tot so Dh and I love those rides even more now when we go

So debating doing this. I fly in on a red eye that morning (2/2) so I know I’ll be dragging. Currently have EMM planned for next morning, but if reports continue with these short wait times I can’t argue that 3 hours trumps 1 1/2, even if “real” food is included with EMM (pretty sure I could pack up enough bottled water for my 5 night solo trip to make DAH even more worth it!!!!!)
Watching this thread and all other related information like a hawk.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter