**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We are going to the Animal Kingdom AH on Wed. Nov. 13. Currently the regular park hours are 9am-8pm. The After Hours go from 9-12. What is going in from 8-9? Is it just guests exiting? I am assuming people with AH tickets are fine to hang around the park. Anyone with more details on this?

Wondering the same thing since found out there is an After Hours event on Tuesday 11/5 which happens during a last minute trip & was thinking about going.

While an hour seems like a long time and probably (IMO) indicative of park hours changing at some point, that gap will most likely be used to clear the lines of regular guests. I was at a DAH with an 8:30 start on an 8:00 park close and the CM at Dinosaur wasn’t letting people enter the line between 8:00 and 8:30. She said it was to clear the line. It made sense to me, especially at AK where there are much fewer rides open than at MK.

We are going to the Animal Kingdom AH on Wed. Nov. 13. Currently the regular park hours are 9am-8pm. The After Hours go from 9-12. What is going in from 8-9? Is it just guests exiting? I am assuming people with AH tickets are fine to hang around the park. Anyone with more details on this?

Yeah, that's a weird one. I would have thought that would mean either closer hours would get extended to 8:30pm or 9pm, but neither happened in last week's update. We've seen a 0-30 min gap for DAH, but never an hour... so something seems weird to me.

I am having a hard time deciding between the AK AH and the MK Christmas Party. I have never been to AK. I went to MK a few years ago but we weren't able to do many rides.
It may be worth your time to dig for some threads on the Christmas party. I can't speak for AH events from personal experience yet, but I can tell you that whether an MK holiday party is right for you really, really depends on what you want to get out of it. From the standpoint of getting to see special entertainment, a different parade, characters in special outfits, etc., it's great. However, if your priority is short lines for rides you will probably be disappointed by the Christmas party.

Meanwhile, reading this thread I'm wishing there were an MK AH during my trip...I'm excited for AK, but I wish I could do both! It'll be the last night of my trip; I'm planning to rope drop another park, take a nap, then close out the night with AK AH.

If I have a park ticket as well as an After Hours ticket do I have to leave at 8 and come back at 9?

If I have a park ticket as well as an After Hours ticket do I have to leave at 8 and come back at 9?

No, around 7 PM when your AH ticket is good for park admission, they'll start handing out wristbands for the AH event, and that will allow you to stay in the park between 8 and 9.

We're going to the Jan 30th one, and same story - park hours are 9-8pm. Unless they get extended (which probably isn't likely for January), then we're looking at an hour of time that we can be in the park but not riding anything. According to some other posters, I remember reading that the time between when the park closes and when event starts, the rides aren't letting anyone on. This seems like a lot of time to just hang around, and really cuts down on the amount of rides we could *potentially* fit into that extra hour. :(

We're going to the Jan 30th one, and same story - park hours are 9-8pm. Unless they get extended (which probably isn't likely for January), then we're looking at an hour of time that we can be in the park but not riding anything. According to some other posters, I remember reading that the time between when the park closes and when event starts, the rides aren't letting anyone on. This seems like a lot of time to just hang around, and really cuts down on the amount of rides we could *potentially* fit into that extra hour. :(

You could get in the standby line for FoP at 7:45!

Having done both the Christmas party and AK DAH in recent years, I would pick the AK DAH. Since you’ve never been to AK before, getting into AK before the party starts would hopefully allow time for you to ride Safari and maybe time for a show, certainly time for you to walk around and enjoy the amazing park. Then the DAH would allow you to ride the headliners (FoP, Everest, Dinosaur, NRJ) without FPs or long waits. The Christmas party just seemed too crowded for us to really enjoy MK.
It may be worth your time to dig for some threads on the Christmas party. I can't speak for AH events from personal experience yet, but I can tell you that whether an MK holiday party is right for you really, really depends on what you want to get out of it. From the standpoint of getting to see special entertainment, a different parade, characters in special outfits, etc., it's great. However, if your priority is short lines for rides you will probably be disappointed by the Christmas party.

Meanwhile, reading this thread I'm wishing there were an MK AH during my trip...I'm excited for AK, but I wish I could do both! It'll be the last night of my trip; I'm planning to rope drop another park, take a nap, then close out the night with AK AH.

Ended up going with AK so we can go on more rides. Thanks!

You don’t have to leave, around 6:30-7 you can go to the Discovery Trading Company ( the store to the right of the Tree of Life) and cast members are standing outside and check you in, gjve you your wrist band and then you are set to go.

You could get in the standby line for FoP at 7:45!
Hopefully you may get lucky. In May when we went the park closed at 8:30, AH started at 9. They let no regular park guest get in line after 8:30 on the dot, but at Expedition Everest they let all AH people into the fast pass line starting at 8:30. We rode it 5 or 6 times in a row with no wait before the party officially even started, which left us regular party time to concentrate on FOP.
Good luck and have fun!

How busy is it at animal kingdom AH in December? Is it anywhere close to being as busy as MVMCP? We've never been to a AH event but thinking about doing one on the first day of our trip. Only special ticket event we've went to is MVMCP

How busy is it at animal kingdom AH in December? Is it anywhere close to being as busy as MVMCP? We've never been to a AH event but thinking about doing one on the first day of our trip. Only special ticket event we've went to is MVMCP

You can go back and read people's experience posts here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/d...m-faq-discussion-thread.3715424/post-59931754

To date, none of the DAH events at any park have been anywhere close to MNSSHP or MVMCP level crowds.

Hopefully you may get lucky. In May when we went the park closed at 8:30, AH started at 9. They let no regular park guest get in line after 8:30 on the dot, but at Expedition Everest they let all AH people into the fast pass line starting at 8:30. We rode it 5 or 6 times in a row with no wait before the party officially even started, which left us regular party time to concentrate on FOP.
Good luck and have fun!
This would be absolutely ideal. Definitely don’t mind riding Everest 6 times in a row! Thanks for you experience. Here’s to hoping it’s similar in January!

My parents are planning on the AK DAH on Nov 30th. I haven't kept up with the AK one, since it's the one we haven't done. Will they be able to ride the safari when they enter at 7, or does it close for the night prior to that? Also, is it still a strict 7 for entry? I tried to look on the safari's webpage for its hours, and kept getting that it was down for construction or something like that. I did read the first page and skimmed the last one, but didn't have time to read more so I thought I would ask and see if anyone knew off of the top of their head. TIA!

My parents are planning on the AK DAH on Nov 30th. I haven't kept up with the AK one, since it's the one we haven't done. Will they be able to ride the safari when they enter at 7, or does it close for the night prior to that? Also, is it still a strict 7 for entry? I tried to look on the safari's webpage for its hours, and kept getting that it was down for construction or something like that. I did read the first page and skimmed the last one, but didn't have time to read more so I thought I would ask and see if anyone knew off of the top of their head. TIA!
You definitely can. Thats exactly what I did. I entered at 7 and went to the safari. I also got in around 6:45-6:50 so not a strict 7. Likely whenever they set up to let people in.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter