**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Forgive me if the answer is somewhere in this thread, but what are the "select beverages" that are available "complimentary?" I was under the impression you could just get bottled water. Are you also able to get bottled soda?
Bottle pop is included. I know for sure coke and Diet Coke. Not sure what else.

Is there a list of who's attending when?
I'm considering going on 10/5 but I'd be alone. The rest of my party won't arrive till the 6th and 7th.
Wondering if anyone else around these parts will be there and alone that night
Awww, we'll miss you by about a week. :(

I am tentatively planning for 10/19, weather pending. My first and only DAK After Hours it rained the entire night and didn’t make for a great experience. EE was running, but it felt like you were getting pelted/stung when you rode. Dino Bash was closed. It was hard to admire the beauty of Pandora that night due to limited visibility. I still made the best of it and had fun but I’m hoping for a drier forecast. I love AK and this would be a great way to spend my last night of vacation.

We went to the AK AH on 8/19. Hands down would do it again, it was incredible! Here’s a detailed report of what we did.

Park closed at 8:30, after hours started at 9.

Dinosaur at 9:02. We had to sit through preshows and it took 15 minutes on the dot.

9:31 Everest walk on. We rode it 5 times in a row, took us 30min for the entire process.

10:15 we headed to FoP. Posted 15 minute wait which was pretty accurate (have to sit through preshows). 4 minute wait to get into first preshow. 15 minutes from entrance to ride. We rode twice in a row, took us until 11:15. They were running all bays.

Back to Everest, still walk on 11:25. We rode it 2 more times.

11:45 headed over to Dinosaur. No preshow this time, we were allowed to walk through. They were letting people stay on if there weren’t people waiting.

We got to the bus stop at 12:07. First bus pulled up at 12:09. We got home at 12:45. The bus was shared with all the MK resorts (Contemporary, Wilderness, Poly, and Grand Floridian).

All in it was a great night. We took random snack breaks throughout, and took a few minutes just walking around Pandora at night. Our last snack break of the night, the CMs were trying to get rid of most of the snacks/drinks. Here are our final totals:

7x Everest
2x FoP
2x Dinosaur
5 snack breaks - 8 waters and 1 sprite, 2 Mickey bars, 1 popcorn.

I'm contemplating going on a night when the park closes at 8p and after hours starts at 9p. What did or could you do for the 1/2 hour between closing and the event? TIA!

I'm contemplating going on a night when the park closes at 8p and after hours starts at 9p. What did or could you do for the 1/2 hour between closing and the event? TIA!

Apparently YMMV, but we weren't allowed on any rides during the 30min gap. We got in line for Dinosaur at 8:25 right before closing, and then just wandered around the park for a bit before hopping back in line for Dinosaur around 8:50. They held us at the door until 9pm.

I'm on the fence about doing this next month. I'm not interested in FOP or EE and I'm also curious if they will have a later showing of ROL. I'm not planning a park day at AK so this would be nice even without the Safari or shows but without that 2nd showing of ROL it's a deal breaker for me because I wouldn't probably be entering the park until at least 8 PM. I would like to do it at least once but it now states 7:30 for ROL and it is still not scheduled during the hours of the event which is 9:00-12:00 that night.

I'm on the fence about doing this next month. I'm not interested in FOP or EE and I'm also curious if they will have a later showing of ROL. I'm not planning a park day at AK so this would be nice even without the Safari or shows but without that 2nd showing of ROL it's a deal breaker for me because I wouldn't probably be entering the park until at least 8 PM. I would like to do it at least once but it now states 7:30 for ROL and it is still not scheduled during the hours of the event which is 9:00-12:00 that night.

I think without being interested in FOP or EE it's hard to justify for the price

Any recent DAK DAH DIS'ers happen to know/keep track of when ROL has been performed during DAH? Disney is back to not putting the DAH show on the schedule so trying to make sure I have accurate info for page 1.

THANK YOU!

Any recent DAK DAH DIS'ers happen to know/keep track of when ROL has been performed during DAH? Disney is back to not putting the DAH show on the schedule so trying to make sure I have accurate info for page 1.

THANK YOU!

Sadly I didn't get a schedule or any kind of map when I went. I was given my wrist band only.

This has probably been asked but I did a search and couldn’t find it.

What are the character meets like? I know they have Adventurers Outpost open, but are there any special ones like Terk/Tarzan or Rafiki or even the ones during the dance parties in the daytime like Koda and Meeko? Kills me you can’t take a normal standing photo during the dance parties. From what I found in my search it looked like it’s just the Outpost. Is that true?

This has probably been asked but I did a search and couldn’t find it.

What are the character meets like? I know they have Adventurers Outpost open, but are there any special ones like Terk/Tarzan or Rafiki or even the ones during the dance parties in the daytime like Koda and Meeko? Kills me you can’t take a normal standing photo during the dance parties. From what I found in my search it looked like it’s just the Outpost. Is that true?
When they added Adventure Outpost, they removed Chip and Dale from the dance party.

I attended the event on 9/9 last Monday and it was totally worth it.

First, I wanted to thank everyone who provided insight in this thread as it was definitely helpful in planning my trip.

Now on to the report.

I arrived around 6:30 or so in the hopes they'd let people in early. They did not. They let everyone in who did not have daytime park tickets around 6:55. I got my wristband and was on my way. I had a daytime FastPass for Kilimanjaro Safari and hopped on that right away. It was a lot of fun and we had a close encounter with a giraffe.

I then walked around for a bit just taking in the sights, watching Chip and Dale dance in dinosaur costumes with a bunch of children, and checking out Expedition Everest, It's Tough to Be a Bug, and Dinosaur.

I also walked by RoL while on the bridge during my walk to Everest, and caught a few minutes of it. Doesn't seem like something that would have been worth sitting down for.

I decided to make my way over to Pandora just before 9 and when I walked past the main area, they were doing the Lion King on the Tree of Life Awakenings, so I watched those. In the meantime, I noticed they were setting up the drinks, popcorn, and ice cream in front of Island Mercantile, and I asked them if I could have anything. This was around 8:55 or so and they said I would need to wait until 9PM. Once 9PM rolled around, I picked up a popcorn, a Diet Coke, a Mickey Bar, and a Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich. I may have returned to this cart several times. There was also a cart in Pandora that had fruit bars and drinks.

I believe my final tally was 5 or 6 Diet Cokes (don't judge! I was thirsty), 5 popcorns, 4 ice cream sandwiches, and a Mickey bar. That definitely helped to offset some of the ticket cost!

As for rides, I got to Pandora around 930 or so and it was already empty. Honestly, the biggest impediment to me doing more was people moving slowly in the lines. I was ready to sprint up the whole way but I felt it would be rude to jump in front of people who were moving at a more reasonable pace. Not to mention all the bio-luminescent stuff looks great at night.

By the end of the night I had ridden:
Flight of Passage - 4
Navi River Journey - 2
Expedition Everest - 3
Tough to be a Bug - 1
Dinosaur - 1

I also stopped to watch Awakenings whenever I went to go pick up more popcorn and drinks, and I glimpsed the drummers in Pandora.

Honestly, I loved this event. I got everything I could have possibly wanted out of it and couldn't be happier. Being able to ride FoP four times in less than two hours is just insane. And one of my biggest takeaways was how much the water effects actually add to the ride. On two of my rides the water was working, on two it wasn't. And I felt so much more immersed when the water was operational unlike most other rides where it just feels like a silly gimmick.

If I ever have the opportunity again, I'm definitely going to take it.

We are on the fence about doing this on Nov 13th. If we can get FOP during the day then we probably will pass. If not then maybe we will do the After Hours Event. Can you buy a ticket to After Hours during the day at the park?

THANK YOU!

We went on 8/19 so not super recently, but ROL had a second showing at 10pm on our night.

We are on the fence about doing this on Nov 13th. If we can get FOP during the day then we probably will pass. If not then maybe we will do the After Hours Event. Can you buy a ticket to After Hours during the day at the park?
You can, provided it's not sold out. You can buy it right on your MDE app

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!