**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

We got a plastic ticket. We went to guest services outside of the park because we were a bit early, but while we were waiting for the park to open for people with event tickets a CM walked by and transferred other peoples tickets to the plastic tickets while in line with a handheld device
Thank you! What did you have to present to them to prove you had a DAH ticket? It does list the ticket in my MDE app on my phone. Is that all I need?

At both AK and MK after hours, we only had the AH ticket and we walked in at 630pm. No lines so I’m not sure how early they started letting people in. There was a separate line just for AH entry.

I had made 3 FP with the first one ending right after 7pm so it worked out well!

Wow, that is interesting! I thought FP only could be made while "redeeming" an actual park ticket. So the system was able to identify that you were "redeeming" your After Hours ticket only and still allowed for FP to be made? Were you able to make the FP in advance or only after you "redeemed" your AH ticket that evening at the gate?

We were able to make the FP in advance on line with the AH ticket as the only ticket available in the system
I went to after hours in January at HS without any other tickets and was able to book fastpasses ahead of time that worked with just my DAH tickets. We're going to DAH at MK and AK in July without any regular tickets and I've been able to book 3 fastpasses for each day in those parks as well.

I went to after hours in January at HS without any other tickets and was able to book fastpasses ahead of time that worked with just my DAH tickets. We're going to DAH at MK and AK in July without any regular tickets and I've been able to book 3 fastpasses for each day in those parks as well.
Holy macaroni! I did not know that it worked like that as well! Guess I am definitely buying for 07/02 since we will be there for 5 nights for other activities but have free evenings!

Wow, that is interesting! I thought FP only could be made while "redeeming" an actual park ticket. So the system was able to identify that you were "redeeming" your After Hours ticket only and still allowed for FP to be made? Were you able to make the FP in advance or only after you "redeemed" your AH ticket that evening at the gate?

We were able to make FP in advance with just the AH ticket for both MK and AK AH. I made three for each, and made sure my first one ended a little after 7pm so that we’d have time to squeeze in all three between 7pm and park closing.

I've read reports where they are running out of water and snacks. Is this common to most of the AK DAH? We went to MK DAH last year and they had water available until around 11:00. It was a bit annoying that as we were walking around we saw a lot of people who must have known that they were going to run out because they were carrying 3-4 bottles! Is it the mentality that "I paid for it I'm going to get every bit out of it I can even if it means stockpiling water so others can't have any" mentality in other words every man for himself?
We are certainly not going to the DAH for water and snacks but I would certainly expect to be able to get some water at 10:00.

I've read reports where they are running out of water and snacks. Is this common to most of the AK DAH? We went to MK DAH last year and they had water available until around 11:00. It was a bit annoying that as we were walking around we saw a lot of people who must have known that they were going to run out because they were carrying 3-4 bottles! Is it the mentality that "I paid for it I'm going to get every bit out of it I can even if it means stockpiling water so others can't have any" mentality in other words every man for himself?
We are certainly not going to the DAH for water and snacks but I would certainly expect to be able to get some water at 10:00.

Something to consider ... if you had seen me last year at DAH MK, you would have noted that I was carrying 5 waters, popcorn and a few ice creams (with the help of my park bag) and perhaps thought that I was a hoarder. The reality was that I was holding snacks and drinks for my family of 5 while they rode Space Mountain. There is no point in me sitting there doing nothing while they ride something I don't enjoy. Getting snacks for them to eat when they got off the ride seemed like a good use of time. It's likely that some of those people you saw were simply holding stuff for the rest of their party, especially at AK where a few of the open rides have height restrictions.

I just attended June 4th. Overall it was okay. I would not do it again, but if your focus is FOP and it is worth the price to ride that without fighting the crowds, then it will be worth it for you. We ate at Rainforest Cafe with a 5:15 reservation so we could be close when it was time to go in. We enjoyed our meal a lot! Four of us had park hoppers, so the ticket was on our magic bands and could go in early, but one in our party just had the plastic ticket. We sent the kids in early. I checked the weather before we left to dinner and it said no rain, so I left the ponchos and umbrellas behind. They let us into the park early, at 6:30, and it started to rain and then POUR! We had a Kali fast pass but they closed that down, Everest was town for a bit, the train was down. So we went and did safari with a FP. It was hot and pouring and there was not much to do so we were feeling discouraged. It finally let up around 8:30pm. We saw the first River of Light show, and came out and rode Everest. The party had begun. We grabbed snacks. It was a line for snacks and we found that true for most of the night. We ended up skipping the snacks several times when we wanted them because of the lines, and we felt crunched for time to get the rides done we wanted. Then we headed over to Dinosaur and rode it once. No other rides over there were open at the time. We went for snacks and they were out of water and Mickey Bars. Sad! But we did enjoy the Mickey Ice Cream Sandwhich and Popcorn. We were told to wait till 10:30 for Pandora for the line to die down from the regular day crowd. This didn't sit well with me, because the party is half way over at that point. But after doing just everest and dinosaur once it was time to head over. It was our first time seeing Pandora, so that was fun, but I think I also had built my expectation to high. We rode FOP with a almost 20 min wait. We loved the ride! Rode it one more time and then did Nali as a walk on. We had 10 minutes and ran to the other side of the park and ended with Everest. I don't know how people got so many FOP's in. It takes so long for the preshow and to walk around again to the front. We walked out at 12:05... hoping for a snack but it was closed. We would have grabbed one on the way in, but it was just cups of soda, popcorn, and popsicles, none that would have made it through Everest very well. All, in all we did enjoy the night, and were glad we got to experience FOP.

Myself, DD15, and DH were at DAH on 6/18. I must say I wasn't impressed at all. Snack carts were hard to find, and during the ROL showing most Cast Members were more concerned about watching the show than assisting guests. Started off the evening with torrential downpours which wasn't a problem as it is Florida and was pretty rainy/stormy for the 1st 5 days which we welcome because it lowers crowd levels and usually is refreshing.Dinosaur went down for about 20 mins at the beginning of DAH. FOP wait times were 20 - 30 mins which I know is awesome compared to the 120+ stand by lines.
Evening totals :
Primeval Whirl x 1 before event
Dinosaur x 2 (x1 before event but went down for 20 mins at the start of DAH)
Everest x 2
ROL (watched for about 10 mins)
Navi River x 1
FOP x 2
Snacks -popcorn cups at the only snack cart we could find
fruit bars in Pandora and Diet Coke ( the only other snack cart we could find)

This was not our 1st DAH...DD and I did MK DAH last July. Much better bang for your buck.
Would I do this again...No not worth the added expense although the AP discount helped. Not enough rides/attractions open and snack carts are hard to find.

I feel like this is not the first time I've read this. For people who have attended, where are the snack carts? I didn't see a list of locations in the sticky posts, nor are the locations listed on the event handout.

There aren't any snack cart locations on the event handout.

Do they move the snack carts each time or are they always in the same spots? I'm not going until September but was sort of planning on popcorn getting me through the evening as a "dinner" and if it's difficult to find these carts, I may have to either plan ahead on how to find them or make other plans. (Trying to keep my costs down so snack carts are preferred.)

We went in May and had no issues at all. There were several food carts and they were begging us to take stuff. lol Doing it again next month! We had gorgeous weather at DAH, HS was another story. Rain during these events can really put a damper on things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter