**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Just booked May 6th! It's our only park time! We're really excited.
I'm trying to book Rain forest cafe at 5, but it won't really let me choose that time, is it full or am I doing something wrong?

Pretty sure I called the restaurant directly to make reservations as I was having problems booking on line.

Great, I'll try that! How easy is it to eat there without reservation? We'll probably want to eat around 5, so we won't miss any park time (we only have an after hours ticket) (our home park is DLP and there you can't make reservations for rain forest cafe)

I always make dining reservations when I'm at Disney because the restaurants are always crowded.
Even with a ressie sometimes you have to wait.
You will def. want them on your AK ticket night so you can enjoy yourself and stay to schedule.
WDW is its own animal and really not comparable to DLP or any other theme park but the AK after hours is wonderful!

Great, I'll try that! How easy is it to eat there without reservation? We'll probably want to eat around 5, so we won't miss any park time (we only have an after hours ticket) (our home park is DLP and there you can't make reservations for rain forest cafe)
Around 5:00 it might be busy, but we walked in around 8 pm once and got right in.

If you go online to Landry’s Select Club and get their card, you can walk in without a reservation and be seated right away even before people with reservations. The card costs $25 but you get a $25 credit on your bill the first time you use it, so essentially it’s free. It’s good at any Landry‘s restaurant, which includes both Rain Forest Cafés as well as T-Rex and Yak & Yeti as well as any Landry‘s restaurants that might be near your home. And you get a $25 credit to use during your birthday month!

Thank you! I really hope so! From all the posts I've read it sounds like a lot of fun.
We were able to go to the DAH at MK and it was a blast I would imagine AK to be just as fun.

Hi everyone! Surprising my girls with a quick trip on June 4th. Super excited about seeing Pandora for the first time :) We've done DAH Magic Kingdom 4 times but looking forward to this one very much. Thank you GADisneyDad14 for moderating these great threads!

Still following along here. We have DAH booked for MK on May 16 and DHS on May 17. I'm prepared to call an audible and add AK on May 14 if we just love FOP or something. We have FP's for it on 3 separate days, so maybe that'll be enough for us.

Still following along here. We have DAH booked for MK on May 16 and DHS on May 17. I'm prepared to call an audible and add AK on May 14 if we just love FOP or something. We have FP's for it on 3 separate days, so maybe that'll be enough for us.
For me, riding it twice would be enough. Since you get to ride it 3 separate times I bet that’ll be enough

For me, riding it twice would be enough. Since you get to ride it 3 separate times I bet that’ll be enough

I'm hoping so. With a party of 7, these are particularly expensive even with our AP discount! :faint: We are blessed to be able to manage 2 of them for this trip. I have a feeling with the heat we'll be really glad for a couple opportunities to experience the parks at night.

I'm hoping so. With a party of 7, these are particularly expensive even with our AP discount! :faint: We are blessed to be able to manage 2 of them for this trip. I have a feeling with the heat we'll be really glad for a couple opportunities to experience the parks at night.
Some people have really liked ak dah but we just thought it was kind of boring. We also had about a 40 minute wait for fop so that’s probably another reason we didn’t enjoy it.

Some people have really liked ak dah but we just thought it was kind of boring. We also had about a 40 minute wait for fop so that’s probably another reason we didn’t enjoy it.

That's another really good point. The potential for it to be a waste of a night is pretty high at AK vs. the other parks, imo. TOT, RnRC, SDD, TSM, and ST at DHS don't tend to have the same issues as FOP at these after hours events. Even if one of those goes down for awhile, the others can make up for it for my crew. At AK, we have 2-4 of us that will ride EE over and over, but that's about it. I'm guessing my dd10 will love NRJ and I'm hoping we all like FOP, but I guess it makes more sense for us to spend our evening taking in Epcot's emh instead. It's already included and I never feel like I get enough time in World Showcase, especially touring it at night without the crowds and the heat sounds like heaven to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter