**Disney After Hours - Animal Kingdom** FAQ & Discussion Thread

Here!! Rode Everest 3x starting around 8:15, little dinosaurs, snacks, dinosaur 1x (DS7 wanted to stay on, no) , river. Kids got in line for FOP at 9:54, said 30, but they changed it right after to 20. We shall see...
It’s hard to judge because the line keeps backing up to the entrance. I’m on grandma duty with my sleeping grandsons. :)
Love this park at night and without the crowds.
We did DAH at HS last Saturday too, I think we like this one better. Shocking as I almost didn’t do it.
ETA; out at 10:34

Last edited:
Hope I sleep tonight, so many ice cream bars and caffeine:)
Kids wanted to close the night on their fav, Everest, 3 more times so far...
They are having the time of their lives, that is worth the price.
Speaking of price, I got a gift card reimbursement for my DAH tickets purchased prior to my AP purchase.

And they just ran by me, 1 more time on Everest. :)

Went tonight. Did Everest 3 times between sometime after 8:10pm and when ROL ended. Hit bathroom and came back to EE with a bit of a wait. Did Dinosaur with pre-show and could have stayed on. Didn’t though. Hit Na’vi at 9:25pm with a little wait. As we were getting in line for FOP at 9:45pm, some people exiting the ride said glad they ride then, because the line looked longer. Waited 20 minutes in line with a posted time of 30. 1st pre-show start to exiting link chamber took 15 min. Got back in line at 10:15pm and exited again at 10:57pm. Posted wait of 30 min at entry. Line looked way shorter and 20 min was posted when we exited. Did Everest again 3 times before it ended.

Final report for the night 3/20 (sold out):
Came in at 7:10 got wristbands without a wait. Booked it to a 7:30 safari ride. Lions sitting up, which was awesome!
Got off at 7:55ish. Restroom break!

Leisurely walk over to Asia for Everest. I’ve been avoiding this ride since I was 14 (I’m 30 now) because I hate drops, but I figured if there was a time to ride it, it was now. They were turning people away at 8:15 who didn’t have wristbands.

Rode 3xs - first time was walk on, pick any row. Three other couples with us on train. Other two times were a 3 minute wait and a 5 minute wait. We rode middle every time.

Leisurely walk over to dinosaur with a stop for snacks in dino-Rama. Cup of popcorn, ice cream sandwich, two bottled sodas.

Rode dinosaur 2x- didn’t have to get off to re-ride. Asked to ride again but were told no b/c people were waiting (made sense!)

Decided to head to pandora. Stopped for snacks (box popcorn, bottled soda), no line.

FoP 3x. First wait about 20 min + 20 in the pre-shows and on ride.
Second wait about 15 minutes before riding.
Last time 14 minute wait before pre-shows. Longest pre-show yet. So. Much. Recalibration.

Finally got out at 11:37, and walked out of the park at 12:00. Waiting for a bus now.

We would absolutely do this again! This park is gorgeous after dark and seeing it with so many fewer people was spectacular. Walking on Everest and Dinosaur was awesome. Wish FoP has been more of a walk on, but we got to ride it three times, and that was amazing. There were a couple times on back pathways when we were totally alone. Walking out of pandora there were five people scattered through out the area; it was pretty magical.

Thank You all for posting about last night. Especially interested because it was sold out and I’m attending the event in a couple days!!!! Frustrating that they don’t do something to speed up FoP with option of no preshow or at the very least the shorter version. Looking at MDE last night I was a bit concerned because at one point FoP was not appearing on site at all for wait times but I guess it was a glitch. It sounds like you all had great experiences!

Wow, 3/27 is sold out, FYI!
ugh, we couldn't go yesterday cause we were about to buy the tickets on Monday morning when it sold out, so our plan now is April 3rd. I haven't been keeping up with release dates for this, am I to assume we won't get anymore after April 3rd or are the updated this late in the game? I would rather wait and see if we can do it after Spring Break crowds are gone

I hope more will be added soon. I've been stalking the "Special Events and Tickets" section every morning to see if they added any dates. We hope to attend at least 1 DAH event when we go this summer.

I'm hoping for AK after dark for end of September, and while I'm hoping for that, I'm also hoping for TSM morning magic.... but then, you know what they say, "hope springs eternal".... unfortunately, I've also heard that the second part of that cliche is "...in the heart of a fool." :P

I hope more will be added soon. I've been stalking the "Special Events and Tickets" section every morning to see if they added any dates. We hope to attend at least 1 DAH event when we go this summer.

I'm really hoping for this too! I keep checking for newly added dates. Hopefully we'll get some news soon!

Count me in as another person anxiously awaiting more dates to be added. We did the MK one last year on June 28th, and it was great.

However this year, we are going to Orlando in early June. I'm hoping they add earlier dates than last year. Fingers crossed.

Final report for the night 3/20 (sold out):
Came in at 7:10 got wristbands without a wait. Booked it to a 7:30 safari ride. Lions sitting up, which was awesome!
Got off at 7:55ish. Restroom break!

Leisurely walk over to Asia for Everest. I’ve been avoiding this ride since I was 14 (I’m 30 now) because I hate drops, but I figured if there was a time to ride it, it was now. They were turning people away at 8:15 who didn’t have wristbands.

Rode 3xs - first time was walk on, pick any row. Three other couples with us on train. Other two times were a 3 minute wait and a 5 minute wait. We rode middle every time.

Leisurely walk over to dinosaur with a stop for snacks in dino-Rama. Cup of popcorn, ice cream sandwich, two bottled sodas.

Rode dinosaur 2x- didn’t have to get off to re-ride. Asked to ride again but were told no b/c people were waiting (made sense!)

Decided to head to pandora. Stopped for snacks (box popcorn, bottled soda), no line.

FoP 3x. First wait about 20 min + 20 in the pre-shows and on ride.
Second wait about 15 minutes before riding.
Last time 14 minute wait before pre-shows. Longest pre-show yet. So. Much. Recalibration.

Finally got out at 11:37, and walked out of the park at 12:00. Waiting for a bus now.

We would absolutely do this again! This park is gorgeous after dark and seeing it with so many fewer people was spectacular. Walking on Everest and Dinosaur was awesome. Wish FoP has been more of a walk on, but we got to ride it three times, and that was amazing. There were a couple times on back pathways when we were totally alone. Walking out of pandora there were five people scattered through out the area; it was pretty magical.

Just curious - what did you think of EE? You must have liked it if you rode 3 times!

Just curious - what did you think of EE? You must have liked it if you rode 3 times!
I’m not the OP, but riding EE at night is on a whole new level. I think we rode it 5-6 times when we went. Also, I normally like the back for coasters but the front of EE is one of the best thrills I’ve ever had. The wind rushing through my hair.....fireworks in the distance.....

I’m not the OP, but riding EE at night is on a whole new level. I think we rode it 5-6 times when we went. Also, I normally like the back for coasters but the front of EE is one of the best thrills I’ve ever had. The wind rushing through my hair.....fireworks in the distance.....

I agree - it’s one of my favorite rides at WDW. I was wondering what the OP thought after avoiding it for so many years!

I am, too! We are going in June. We have done DAH for MK and HS, so we must attend AK to complete the set, right? :D

I did actually like it! The drops were probably the most intense at Disney (in my opinion) but they were so smooth it wasn’t awful. I really enjoyed the backwards part, and the banking, so that made up for the two significant drops. I was a chicken and rode it in the middle all three times. They said that was the least intense spot. I think even roller coaster scaredy cats like me should try it once! I did close my eyes on that first incline though—my wife who isn’t scared of heights said it was a little much for her, so I trusted her verdict.

Bought tickets for April 3rd, hoping if we leave Pandora for last hour of event the line won't be more than 20 min for each ride. At what time would RoL be for that day? 9:30pm

Bought tickets for April 3rd, hoping if we leave Pandora for last hour of event the line won't be more than 20 min for each ride. At what time would RoL be for that day? 9:30pm
I think 9:30 seems right, especially since that time has been pretty consistent during the event!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter