Disney 65th Merchandise Superthread

As of 11/26/20, WOD in DTD still had a pretty good selection of 65th anniversary merchandise at the front of the store. There were spirit jerseys in all sizes and many other items. Did not see the backpacks, though.

ETA: Funko still has the Target backpack and blanket available on their (Funko) website.

Last edited:
Funko Pops Walt & SBC to be released 12/07/20 at Disney Stores and on ShopDisney.com.
(HT: Gothic Rosie)

https://insidethemagic.net/2020/12/disneyland-65-walt-disney-funko-rwb1/

Woo! I had given up hope of finding one for less than the $300-$500 they've been going for on freakin eBay. Not that I'd pay that much for one. I just want one to open and stick on my desk and enjoy looking at every day without having to shell out 50x it's selling price to a scalper. Fingers crossed I can get one from shopdisney next week.

OMG

Walt... AHHHHH!!!

I'm sure those are gonna go SO fast. I might try, but won't get my hopes up. What time of day do items generally release?

If you will be going to your local Disney Store for this release, call to verify the release date. Someone posted on GR's IG that their local store said that the 12/07 date is correct, but that this specific store still hasn't received their shipment -- so they might be releasing this item later.

Thank you, that makes it easier for me to try for one!!

Maybe, maybe not. Just a FYI, that's the same day and time that Shop Disney is releasing a highly anticipated limited edition doll....yup, someone just wants the website to crash and/or throw everyone into the queue.

Oh wow I thought it’d drop at midnight like stuff usually does. 😂 Guess I’ll go to bed now and try to get it at 7AM! Geez Disney you’re killing me.

I feel so justified now for staying awake bc I never saw the tweets about a 7AM drop haha.

I’m not sure how I got hooked on Funko pops but all of a sudden I have like 20 of them. 😳 like huh who did this to me?!

I thought it was supposed to drop at 7 AM PT. It's not even that time and it's sold out. Boooo! Guess I'll be going for the pre-order one with band major Mickey on Amazon. I kind of like the Mickey version a bit more anyway as a holiday display item. It apparently won't arrive until May, but whatever. Next holiday season....

Last edited:
Yup, I didn't even try until 7am and it's gone. Tbf, it's a little pricey for me as I said I didn't want to pay over $29.99, so I'll just look at this as me saving $40, lol. I wish they'd do Walt by himself, tbh.

Now that I know stuff usually drops at midnight, maybe I'll have a shot at any future merch. That was bad information and it appears to have been deleted now, lol.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter