Disney’s MARVELous Super Hero - New You - New Year Celebration – January 2017!!

I am having a rough night tonight. A 6 year old at my daughters school was in a drunk driving accident this past weekend. A guy driving a F-350 pickup hit them going full force while they were stopped at a stop light pushing them into the intersection. It was a 6 car accident. We got notified by the school this afternoon that the little girl passed away. We don't know her or her family put the whole school is feeling this loss. It is hard as an adult to comprehend let alone try to explain it to little kids. I will never understand why someone would drive after they were drinking. I am really having a hard time with this tonight.
So sorry to hear this... blessing to all touched.

Right now I am feeling good about my reinvention. I am determined to get in exercise on top of running until I get to my goal weight and then I will reevaluate. I've also got my eating more under control and am drinking more water. And I added an iron supplement to my diet and I am hoping that helps. Since having DS1 I have noticed that my hair has not stopped the normal post baby shedding ( the joys of motherhood :)) and other symptoms that had me leaning towards having my thyroid checked. Well the other night I came across an article that said low iron can lead to similar symptoms and since I have a history of low iron I thought I would try the supplement before going to the doctor. I really hate going to the doctor.

I'm so excited for 2017 and to be a new me!
For me hair issues were tied to low Vitamin D, so might be something else to investigate.

Final check-in for the month... I'll give myself a rather generous 25% for effort but certainly not for results.

I am having a rough night tonight. A 6 year old at my daughters school was in a drunk driving accident this past weekend. A guy driving a F-350 pickup hit them going full force while they were stopped at a stop light pushing them into the intersection. It was a 6 car accident. We got notified by the school this afternoon that the little girl passed away. We don't know her or her family put the whole school is feeling this loss. It is hard as an adult to comprehend let alone try to explain it to little kids. I will never understand why someone would drive after they were drinking. I am really having a hard time with this tonight.

Oh my! I am so so sorry to hear about this. You, your family, and all involved are in my thoughts. :grouphug:

Hang in there it sounds like you are making some good gains - but remember if you really hate that type of exercise it won't stick long term - so I hope you are finding some enjoyment in it.

You are absolutely right--- I just hate all exercise! :rotfl: I do feel happy and accomplished afterwards. They have a big sign up on the wall that says "Remember why you started." It really resonates with me. I look at it and remember how I feel in photos and the dresses that don't zip anymore, and it gets me hyped up. I just have to keep telling myself This is going to be hard and uncomfortable, suck it up, you will thank yourself later. And I always do. It's just not always easy to keep my mind there.

QOTD: How are you feeling about your steps towards reinvention this month? Are you excited for what the year may hold and ready to BE the new Superhero you?

Feeling ok on the journey today-- a little disappointed the scale isn't moving. I know, I know, I know I'm not supposed to be focused on that. And full disclosure, I had cake for my birthday, cake for DH's birthday (a lot less than for mine though haha), and the darn Girl Scout cookies that my MIL sent into the office for me. So it's not like I'm shocked. But I was hoping I had done enough to make up for those treats. Oh, well. I am learning my happy balance without complete deprivation and now I know what maintenance looks like. But overall, I can sustain this next month. There won't be the treat distractions next month so I think that will help the scale!

I am excited to see where this month's momentum carries me for the rest of the year :)

I'm at 11.8, which means I've met my goal at 110%! :jumping1::dancer::banana::cheer2: I might not see you much for the rest of this month but I'll be sure to join in once February starts. We're so close! Keep working hard!

Awesome effort - Congrats :D

Last night and this morning have been rough on me. Last night all I wanted to do is eat junk. More like cookie dough and ice cream. But I didn't. I told myself that it was not going to make me feel any better. Plus I didn't want to go back out to buy it. I ended yesterday at about 1000 calories. I am not if i will make it through today without eating some candy but I will limit to 1 candy bar and maybe a pop.

My daughter finally started to talk some about how she was feeling. She was holding back tears and she really did not want to cry. I told it is ok to cry. This is very sad and it does hurt. As she gets older I am realizing that she does not want to show her feelings. Unless she is mad then the whole world will know. I did give my kids some extra hugs and kisses last night. I even gave them a kiss while they were sleeping last night and this morning.

I wish I could with my daughter at school today. I know it is going to be a rough one for the students and staff. I have read on facebook that some of the kids are blaming themselves and that just breaks my heart.

Hopefully the school does a good job at handling for all the students. Coping with death is always hard but I think especially so when it is children and in such an unnecessary way as this. I get what you mean about their reactions though - when I told my kids about our neighbour they were visibly shocked and very sad but there were no tears... I think they were a little stunned even though I had been dropping hints here and there over the past year that I didn't think it was going to end well. But then I was a little stunned myself as you just hope for the opposite. That night DD had a bad dream ... she dreamt she was at the plaza (our local shopping mall) and that a gunman was in there shooting people - I think this was her mind trying to process death and facing death. I also think it was a bit to do with the fact that it was someone closer to her age that she knew that had passed as we have had family funerals before (for my aunties) and she did not have this reaction. She was sleeping in with me when it happened so lots of cuddles were had. At the Celebration of Life DD cried along with me once they started showing the video footage they had of Bella just having fun, living life and talking to the camera. Sometimes I would start a conversation about how I was feeling about it to get some talk happening rather than just waiting for them to say something as they might be holding it in - lots of I love you's and cuddles all around helped as well.

ALSO working on becoming a more positive person and more INTENTIONAL in my words and actions.... don't say it if I don't mean it.... both in regards to positive and negative statements.

I really like this and I have also been trying to be a more positive person lately and want to continue that this year.

I'm excited about the possibility of 2017 being the year that I improve many of the personal relationships I have my life... relationships with God, my kids, my husband, my parents, and friends.

Loving your goals for the year - this is a good one too :D

I'll give myself a rather generous 25% for effort but certainly not for results.

EFFORT definitely counts :D

You are absolutely right--- I just hate all exercise!

This is so me too o_O

So 150% to goal! I'm super happy with my progress and I'm currently seeing a number on the scale that I haven't seen since early October.

Way to go SUPER effort :D

QOTD: How are you feeling about your steps towards reinvention this month? Are you excited for what the year may hold and ready to BE the new Superhero you?

Can I just say I love this pic of Black Widow - she is rocking that outfit and exudes confidence in her self and her abilities!

This month my eating reinvention has not gone so well .... I got into holiday mode big time! That's not to say it was always bad as I have had quite a lot of salad - as it has just been too hot to want to cook much - so the BBQ was used as well so that the house didn't get hotter! But my meal planning did fall by the wayside and I have noticed the difference that makes. I just went and weighed myself to see and it shows I have lost another 0.6kg since my December weigh in with the dietician - so I am really happy with that considering I really haven't overly focused on it this month. But in saying that I still have not been buying bags of chocolate to keep in the fridge so have been able to maintain that change so far.

I am excited for this year - I feel that I am in one of the best places in my mind that I have been for a very long time - I am ready to BE SUPER rather than just think about it - I still need to pull that together in more of a goal I feel though. Even though I have good relationships with my kids I want to focus on those a bit more just like @pjlla - my babies will be 13 in February and I am just feeling like I want to make sure we have good connections as they enter those teen years and DS16 is moving towards adulthood way faster than I would like. But in saying that I feel like I am more embracing the journey he is on and want to be more encouraging of his dreams and goals - a little wake up/lesson from Bella for me. Whilst I am working on kid things I also definitely want to give myself more ME time.

Today though I did a combination swim/water walk/ water aerobics for 90 minutes. I did my 12 minutes of walking in the local walmart plus did some additional. I have taken a pain pill with sleep aid and hopefully will be out soon because I am in pain. All I am saying is the scale better show me lots of love in the morning.

Last edited:
Today though I did a combination swim/water walk/ water aerobics for 90 minutes. I did my 12 minutes of walking in the local walmart plus did some additional. I have taken a pain pill with sleep aid and hopefully will be out soon because I am in pain. All I am saying is the scale better show me lots of love in the morning.

That sounds like a great workout in the water today....

I did see your earlier post but am glad to see you may have had a change of heart and edited it. I was going to say you have had a tough week with the fall and to encourage you to keep chatting with us as it seems like now is when you need us most. It is disappointing when we don't see a big change straight away that we want compared to the effort we think we are putting in. Believe me! In all honesty I am probably around the same weight now that I was this time last year - I have months where I lost, maintained and of course regained - BUT I have learned a lot in the past year and I am making changes - the are small and progressive but I also recognise that when I am making smaller changes I probably am not going to see drastic weight drops either - but hopefully what I will end up with is a lifestyle that is sustainable that I can be happy with. You have made a great start - even if some days the scale does not agree and don't forget it fluctuates naturally anyway. Living in close proximity with extended family can be great but also have its challenges - nothing can push our buttons like family! But even if you did have some of that ice-cream today - tomorrow is a new day and I am sure you will make a different choice! Sometimes our journey is day by day and at other times hour by hour on those tougher days - we don't always have to throw it all out - I have learned that myself. :hug: You got this - be the Superhero I know you are.

Aaaahhhh the weekend :D

Can you believe it is the last one in January??!! In keeping with our other weekends we will keep it casual and free to chatter about anything we are up to or is on your minds on or off topic :-)

Okay its been a while since I shared some quotes with you and you know I love me some inspirational quotes lol

8bc7f46bb3c5582a38ee2a6cd3b8c1ad.jpg

Okay that is a bit pic so I will thumbnail the others in for you to look at otherwise it will slow all of our computers down lol

992c77d2ad8c1338155409b5bec09d35.jpg Marvel_Monday_Motivation-Odin.jpg superthumb.jpg

Things in our house are better today. My daughter did talk to me last night but not much. She wants to talk to the councilor at school. She is awesome and has helped my daughter in the past with her separation issues. My daughter did tell me she is afraid we will be in another accident and it will be this bad. We were hit almost 2 years ago. We were stopped at a light too and we're rear ended at full force. The difference was the person that hit us was only going about 30 to 40 MPhil and on the phone compared to 70 and drunk. The school is doing a really good job of being there for the kids through this. They had greif councilor there yesterday to help.

Today we got the kids a surprise and bought an XBOX one. The kids have been wanting rock band witch is a singing/playing instruments game. The system we already had wasn't compatible. Plus I think my husband wanted the newer system. They were so excited. We had them buy rock band with gift cards that they had. After a ton of updates they are finally playing.

Tomorrow is going to be a cleaning day. I have lots that I want to do. So nothing fun tomorrow.

Nothing too interesting going on in my neck of the woods. I'll go ahead and check in -- 100%

I went to all my classes and signed up to do it again next month. Nothing too drastic has happened to my body and I know I keep complaining about the scale haha! But today I did put on some boots and they zipped soooooo easy. They were a struggle to zip a few months ago but would ... and remember this time last year wouldn't even zip! These are the little victories that inspire me so I have to keep things like this in mind :-)

Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

16 laps in 12 minutes for Saturday. Check in of 100% and since I am hoping for better numbers on the scale over the next 3 days I am going to wait till the 31st to officially share how much I have lost. For those who saw my rant post the other day which was edited I will say it was more than that so far. Since I forgot to check that DH set his alarm for work tomorrow I am going to set my phone to go off about 10 minutes before he would have to leave to make sure that he is up. At least he can throw on some clothes and grab a slice of peanut butter toast. His company decided to avoid the paying those who do bother to show up on Superbowl Sunday a bunch of overtime by having everyone come in at 7 am so that everyone is out of there no later than 4 PM. Personally I think they should reward those who do bother to show up for their shift as scheduled on that day with the extra money from the overtime and even give them a little something extra like a chance to win a gift card to one of the nicer places that is one of their customers ( he works in a warehouse that provides food to various dining establishments as well as hospitals, schools, and the gray bar hotels) so that is enough to cover an average or even slightly above appetizer, entry, and dessert plus a non alcoholic beverage for 2 people. ( To be fair they could have one for each employee scheduled to work and then if only half of them show up that means those there get 2 of them). Except that those who the game was so important that they could not make it to work would be carrying on with it's not fair. Guess what buttercup you knew taking this job that it was working nights, either you work it or if you have enough seniority you take it as a vacation day ( after a year they get 11 days which is 2 weeks plus an extra floating day) so suck it up and quite yer belly achin

Things in our house are better today. My daughter did talk to me last night but not much. She wants to talk to the councilor at school. She is awesome and has helped my daughter in the past with her separation issues. My daughter did tell me she is afraid we will be in another accident and it will be this bad. We were hit almost 2 years ago. We were stopped at a light too and we're rear ended at full force. The difference was the person that hit us was only going about 30 to 40 MPhil and on the phone compared to 70 and drunk. The school is doing a really good job of being there for the kids through this. They had greif councilor there yesterday to help.

Today we got the kids a surprise and bought an XBOX one. The kids have been wanting rock band witch is a singing/playing instruments game. The system we already had wasn't compatible. Plus I think my husband wanted the newer system. They were so excited. We had them buy rock band with gift cards that they had. After a ton of updates they are finally playing.

Tomorrow is going to be a cleaning day. I have lots that I want to do. So nothing fun tomorrow.

Glad to hear the school community is looking after each other and that you and your family are doing a little better. I always wanted to get Rock Band for my kids but for some reason we never got around to it.

I am going to check in. I am at 52% I am seeing a difference and feeling a difference. My husband said he can see it too.

That is great and so awesome that someone else is noticing the results!

I went to all my classes and signed up to do it again next month. Nothing too drastic has happened to my body and I know I keep complaining about the scale haha! But today I did put on some boots and they zipped soooooo easy. They were a struggle to zip a few months ago but would ... and remember this time last year wouldn't even zip! These are the little victories that inspire me so I have to keep things like this in mind :-)

Well done for signing on again - hope you enjoy wearing those boots now they zip on freely :D

This weekend has been one of ironing, napping, trying to shop with DD for her room makeover for her 13th birthday!! Ugh - the room makeover thing for the twins is working out more $$$ than I expected and she is struggling to find things that she likes and will go together. Some of our curtains etc over here are so boring! I have looked online at some of the US stores but the shipping they try to charge is ridiculous and at times so much more than the article you are buying and I mean MUCH more.

Hi everyone - greetings from San Antonio! The flight yesterday was really bumpy and I nearly had to use the barf bag as we landed. It's making me nervous for the flight home and flight to Orlando at the end of February. I don't like turbulence!

I'm reporting that I managed to maintain my weight through the month but failed to get all of my exercise days completed. I think I came up at about 70% of goal. But that's okay! Next month I will do better.

Sales meeting all week. Now begins the fun of trying to maintain weight while having lots of food choices in front of you. I will have 5 days of buffer to contend with. Yikes!!

DH told me at 5:48 this morning when I woke up for a middle of the night we are drinking a lot of water run that the superbowl is next week not this week. We are not fans in this house. He has his team that he likes to root for when he happens to catch on of their games but does not go seeking them out or items with the logo. Me I could care less about sports all the way around and the most I do is check the score of the annual cross state university rivals match up every year just to see if the team I like won and by how much ( they have the winning record and have for quite a while) but to sit and either watch or even listen is not happening. I will watch nascar, figure skating, ice dancing, gymnastics, swimming, diving, and the various snow skiing events if one happens to be on when I turn on the tube and start flipping through the channels ( We only have a dozen channels where we live and we don't have cable or sattelite just the free over the air ones and honestly we don't watch it much anyways).

This weekend has been one of ironing, napping, trying to shop with DD for her room makeover for her 13th birthday!! Ugh - the room makeover thing for the twins is working out more $$$ than I expected and she is struggling to find things that she likes and will go together. Some of our curtains etc over here are so boring! I have looked online at some of the US stores but the shipping they try to charge is ridiculous and at times so much more than the article you are buying and I mean MUCH more.

Can you sew something that is close or even have her wait until your next Disney trip and go to a store here in the states and bring them home with you. I here you on the struggle to redo a bedroom on a budget. I have been working on 12 year old's for a few years now getting items here and there as I can, only allowing her to switch out the items that are not that expensive and finding stuff at a lot of thrift shops. We found curtains accidentally. We bought what the store had as a table runner for her to use a couple of years ago for her table setting display at the fair. When I went to help her iron it ( it is a much more delicate fabric than she had worked with before and I wanted to make sure it didn't get a burn accidentally) we discovered that it was curtains. I just need to find a double rod to get those up and a heavier fabric curtain to go over as these are a sheer.

Well today started a little crazy. We got a snow storm last night and the kids have a snow day. I still have work but after attempting to drive to the train station, I turned around and came home. I almost got hit by someone who lost control and started to fish tail too at one point. Thus was all within minutes of leaving the house. I will wait it out and head in in about an hour or two since the snow has now stopped. We are supposed to get more snow over night again so I forsee tomorrow to be much of the same. We only need to get through February before we go back to more spring like weather.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!