• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dismeet in the Smokies 2021! Y'all Come!

Choosing a name for our upcoming trip!

• Dismeet in the Smokies 2021

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Rocky Top Dismeet 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Pigeon Forge Dismeet 2021

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Dosmeet in the Mountains 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dis Mountain Meet 2021

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Country Bear Vacation Hoedown 2021

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

I would love to ride the Steam Engine. Cedar Park, Tx use to have a steam engine. Arnold & I went on it around Christmas one year, & had a blast.

I would love to ride the Steam Engine. Cedar Park, Tx use to have a steam engine. Arnold & I went on it around Christmas one year, & had a blast.

Well, Gloria, if you leave out on 6/11 with us (which is our check-out date) and drive down to Chattanooga, we can meet up possibly with tiggerdad and his girls (if their busy calendar will permit) and ride it on that Friday morning. The ride, once it starts, is only an hour long which includes a 3+ mile ride in both directions (through a Civil War tunnel no less) and a tour of the shops, turn table, and yard on the far end where you can see the other locos.

As I have said, TVRR has 3 steam locos that CAN operate but one is usually down for refurb or maintenance but that have two that can run. They operate on weekends in spring/fall and daily in summer (diesels run on weekdays spring/fall and otherwise).

This pic is from circa 2002 with me and my kids (all oh so young). It's with my favorite, the 4501 in the yard. The wooden arm of the railing of the wooden steps is in front.

4501_circa_2002.jpg

Bama Ed

Well, Gloria, if you leave out on 6/11 with us (which is our check-out date) and drive down to Chattanooga, we can meet up possibly with tiggerdad and his girls (if their busy calendar will permit) and ride it on that Friday morning.

I am absolutely game! Also, Randy (SouthAlabma5er) may be joining as well.

Alright, getting back onto our upcoming trip. I know we have been there a bunch and lived there for about 1 1/2 years so we've done a lot of the old stuff there. There might be some things that we've done that perhaps some of you might not of experienced before. If those of you who have been there before, take a post and put in something with a link that you thought was interesting and might not be so obvious.

For instance, over in Townsend, about 30 minutes away from the campground just up Wear's Valley Road, is Tuckaleechee Cavern's.

https://tuckaleecheecaverns.com/
Pretty good cave tour here. Done it about 3 times, the last time was in July of 2017.
IMAG0520.jpg

IMAG0533.jpg

IMAG0538.jpg

Fairly easy cave tour, nothing strenuous for any of the "old timers" who might be worried. They have a fudge shop there as well with some pretty good varieties available.

DW saw fudge shop and perked up. :)

This may also be a nice option to beat the heat or on a rainy day.

j

For instance, over in Townsend, about 30 minutes away from the campground just up Wear's Valley Road, is Tuckaleechee Cavern's.
Love Townsend. That's where my parents always took me when I was growing up and where we stayed the night before DW and I got married. Haven't done the caverns yet.

I have been in contact with Our friend the Crazy Kentucky Goat Lady who is currently in The Everglades about recruiting a few Alligators for a couple of evenings of wrestling. She is not making any promises.
Does anyone have any Information about an Establishment called Goats On The Roof

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter