DisDads help me!!

hicksnichols

Mouseketeer
Hey DisDads,
Sorry to invade the man cave...(do I smell bacon?).... Anyhoo, I need some manly advice. My DH and I are headed to DW in Sept (first trip without kids!!!!) for our anniversary. I'd like to have a surprise for him since he agreed to take me to my favorite spot for our 10th anniversary (although it wasn't too hard to convince him). I thought of having a cake delivered to our room (we are staying at VWL) but he isn't really a cake person and to be honest, that seems like more of a gift for me! :cake: He loves to eat so food surprises would go over good.

We didn't get the dining plan and couldn't get free dining since we rented DVC points to stay at a deluxe resort for the first time. He was disappointed that he had to compromise but he wanted to try out the WL. We have two ADR's for TS during the trip. We thought we would try out more of the counter services restaurants. I think there is room service at WL. Does this include the villas? Do you know of anything yummy that I could order for him as a snack? He loves doughnuts!

Or should I go in a completely different direction... and not go the food route??? What would you want your wives to do for you??

Just got back from out 20th anniversary trip, but the kids were with us. I can't say that I can think of anyplace that has anniversary-worthy donuts. Think about what his favorite activity is and do that with him, and often. We Dads are pretty simple folks and it doesn't take much to keep us happy.

My wife booked an ADR at Biergarten for me for Father's Day - that's a cool gift to me, not sure what your husband's take would be. I love doughnuts, but getting them delivered to the room wouldn't be a huge thrill, IMHO.

I agree with the previous post...can't really go wrong with being in the most magical place on earth! I mean, where else can you go and be treated like royalty!

On another note, I also agree with the posting regarding thinking about your husband's hobbies, activities he likes and such! For our 1st anniversary, my wife surprised me with the Nascar experience at the speedway. It was awesome for a person who likes cars. Especially that go fast and makes a lot of noise. If he is no a car guy per say, then we also did a cruise for our honeymoon and did the couples massage. And while I may lose my man card, I gotta say, the couples massage was amazing and I'm pretty sure one of the spas around DW would accommodate.

And if all else fails, back to the previous post...It's Disney! You are together and will have a blast no matter what!

Congrats on your 10th wedding anniversary in advance!!!!!!!

We were in WDW for our 5th anniversary last year and as cheesy as it sounds, I did like that my DW got the Anniversary buttons for when we were there. My kids got a kick out of them. So make sure you get the buttons. And you know your DH better than anyone. Try to think of what he likes and I'm sure you'll find something in that wheelhouse to surprise him with b/c I'm sure they'll be an option at WDW.

Thanks everyone! I think I'll just see how the week goes. I'm sure something will come to mind once we are in the parks. My hubby loves horses (he's a horse trainer) so maybe we'll do a carriage ride. I'll definitely get buttons. He'll probably growl about wearing them but he'll wear it and maybe some magic will find us! :thanks:

Hey DisDads,
Sorry to invade the man cave...(do I smell bacon?).... Anyhoo, I need some manly advice. My DH and I are headed to DW in Sept (first trip without kids!!!!) for our anniversary. I'd like to have a surprise for him since he agreed to take me to my favorite spot for our 10th anniversary (although it wasn't too hard to convince him). I thought of having a cake delivered to our room (we are staying at VWL) but he isn't really a cake person and to be honest, that seems like more of a gift for me! :cake: He loves to eat so food surprises would go over good.

We didn't get the dining plan and couldn't get free dining since we rented DVC points to stay at a deluxe resort for the first time. He was disappointed that he had to compromise but he wanted to try out the WL. We have two ADR's for TS during the trip. We thought we would try out more of the counter services restaurants. I think there is room service at WL. Does this include the villas? Do you know of anything yummy that I could order for him as a snack? He loves doughnuts!

Or should I go in a completely different direction... and not go the food route??? What would you want your wives to do for you??

Is there any chance you could convice my DW just to take me to WDW for our 20th anniversary next May? She keeps talking about cruises and Mexico and Costa Rica blah blah blah. I just want to go to Disney...with or without the kids!!!

Is there any chance you could convice my DW just to take me to WDW for our 20th anniversary next May? She keeps talking about cruises and Mexico and Costa Rica blah blah blah. I just want to go to Disney...with or without the kids!!!
I will certainly try! :) Why not try a Land and Sea package? She'll get the cruise, you'll get WDW. Everyone wins!

Hey DisDads,

I think just being there and enjoying time with each other would be enough. I know i would not need any surprises from my wife. Just time together

We Dads are pretty simple folks and it doesn't take much to keep us happy.
Amen to this!

For me the simple things are the best. We happened to be at WDW (at Fort Wilderness) during my birthday. We ended up having dinner at Trails End. It wasn't anything special. Just another ADR (We did have the dining plan) and it was a nice dinner. What I didn't know is the the DW ordered me a Birthday Cake. It was a "Mickey" Cake and was a complete surprise. (at least up until the waiter, who was awesome by the way, walked by and set some paper plates on our table with the comment "I am just going to set these here for a moment".) which is when I figured it out.) They "Sang" happy birthday to me and made a scene (of course). To me, it was the absolute best. A nice dinner with my family and a nice surprise, at a wonderful location. What more could a dad/husband ask for.

I think I was more surprised that my DD9 and DD17 were able to keep it a secret for so long. They knew months ahead of time.

My wife usually gets one of those baskets delivered to the room, she gets one with beer. WE all like beer.

Take him to DTD so he can have beer.

Go to EPCOT, they serve beer (and Beverly) there.

Go to MK, no beer (unless you get into BOG), but there are Dole Whips.

Go to DHS, they have Racer 5 at 50's Prime Time. . .that's a beer.

I don't know if they serve beer at AK, we never stay there after lunch. But after going there, let him go to O'Hana's and have a beer.

Eat breakfast, they usually have bacon.

My wife usually gets one of those baskets delivered to the room, she gets one with beer. WE all like beer.

Take him to DTD so he can have beer.

Go to EPCOT, they serve beer (and Beverly) there.

Go to MK, no beer (unless you get into BOG), but there are Dole Whips.

Go to DHS, they have Racer 5 at 50's Prime Time. . .that's a beer.

I don't know if they serve beer at AK, we never stay there after lunch. But after going there, let him go to O'Hana's and have a beer.

Eat breakfast, they usually have bacon.

Thanks for the help but we have returned from our trip already. He doesn't drink alcohol but we did try the Beverly and wish we hadn't! We tried many desserts that we usually just pass up so it was nice. Thanks everyone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter