• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Discovery Cove Photo Package...

vicky33006

Mouseketeer
So I took the plunge and decided to book Discovery Cove with the dolphin swim for my DS and me! I'm sooo excited! I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. I feel like an expert when it comes to WDW and it makes me nervous to know so little about DC, but I've read that the employees are helpful..so I'll just trust we'll find our way around OK.

I was looking online on the website after booking though and couldn't find any info about the photo packages and prices. Does anyone have any ballpark figures and info on what is included? Now that I've decided to do this I think a photo package is a must for the dolphin swim. I want to capture all of those memories! Thanks so much for all your help!

Here you go :goodvibes :

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowTopic...y_cove_2015_photo_prices-Orlando_Florida.html

THE DISCOVERY PACKAGE (a $525 total value) $229 + tax
8- 6 x 8 prints (may be different or same images)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD
1 - Interaction DVD**
1 - 16 x 24 poster (24 x 36 poster add $10)
1 - Photo Album
1 - 6 x 8 Photo Frame

THE ADVENTURE PACKAGE (a $345 total value) $169+ tax
6-6x8 prints (may be different or same images)
1 - All-image Digital Photo CD
1 - 6x8 Photo Frame
**add your dolphin interaction DVD for an additional $75+ tax

THE ISLAND PACKAGE (a $125 total value) $99 +tax
4- 6x8 prints (may be different or same images)
1 -4 x 6 Print plus 2 key rings

Additional Items A la Carte / With Package
6 x 8 Print $35 /$15
4 x 6 Print 2 key rings (all same image) $35/$15
16 x 24 Poster $50/$30
24 x 36 Poster $60/$40
Interaction DVD** $150/$75
Interaction Blu-Ray $150/$75
Digital Photo CD $150/$75
Marble Photo Tile $69/$49

After additional CD/DVD purchase, additional copies are only $20 each

*DVD video footage is only available for up to 30 days after your visit date.

Thanks for that, I've been looking around for prices everywhere :goodvibes

I don't suppose you'll know, but if we were to buy the Island Package, could we swap the 4 - 6x8 photos for 4 - 4x6 (without key rings of course)?
This is only because all the photo albums that we purchase are 99% of the time for 4x6 photos

I'm considering asking when we're there but if anyone knows in advance, that'd be great :)

Thanks for that, I've been looking around for prices everywhere :goodvibes

I don't suppose you'll know, but if we were to buy the Island Package, could we swap the 4 - 6x8 photos for 4 - 4x6 (without key rings of course)?
This is only because all the photo albums that we purchase are 99% of the time for 4x6 photos

I'm considering asking when we're there but if anyone knows in advance, that'd be great :)

Honestly, I have no idea....but it never hurts to ask. Be ready for a "no" and delighted if they say yes :goodvibes .

I do know that the SW parks love the 6 x 8 photo size. That's what you get when you buy single pics at Seaworld and Aquatica as well (not just DC). I figure its a ploy so that you have to buy their frames, too.....6 x 8 frames are all but impossible to find where I live!

Honestly, I have no idea....but it never hurts to ask. Be ready for a "no" and delighted if they say yes :goodvibes .

Thank you, I'll keep my fingers crossed :yay:

I do know that the SW parks love the 6 x 8 photo size. That's what you get when you buy single pics at Seaworld and Aquatica as well (not just DC). I figure its a ploy so that you have to buy their frames, too.....6 x 8 frames are all but impossible to find where I live!

Eugh, tell me about it! I can never find frames or albums for this size either. I've just emailed them so I'll see what they say :cutie:

Thanks again :thumbsup2

Eugh, tell me about it! I can never find frames or albums for this size either. I've just emailed them so I'll see what they say :cutie:

Thanks again :thumbsup2

I know this is an old post but was wondering what you found out about getting 4-4x6 photos instead of 4-6x8 photos. Me, my DD and my granddaughter are going to Discovery Cove August 19th and I'd like to buy a package. Thanks!

I know this is an old post but was wondering what you found out about getting 4-4x6 photos instead of 4-6x8 photos. Me, my DD and my granddaughter are going to Discovery Cove August 19th and I'd like to buy a package. Thanks!

Hi,

When we went, there was an offer on that if you bought 3 or more 4x6 photos, they were $20 each so we didn't actually end up getting the package. Hopefully something like that might be offered when you go.
P.s I'm extremely jealous ;) Have you done the dolphin swim before?

Hi,

When we went, there was an offer on that if you bought 3 or more 4x6 photos, they were $20 each so we didn't actually end up getting the package. Hopefully something like that might be offered when you go.
P.s I'm extremely jealous ;) Have you done the dolphin swim before?

Cool! Hopefully we can get the same kind of deal!

This is our first time to Discovery Cove and doing the dolphin swim. The girls are very excited about it!

Last edited:
Is the photo packages only for the dolphin swims?

Anyone can buy a photo package, but without the dolphin swim, it would be almost impossible to get enough pictures from the other photo spots around the park to warrant the high price tag of the packages. While park photographers are indeed found in various other locations (in the aviary and in front of the waterfall in the lazy river, for example) they are not stationed there all day long so you may or may not time it right. A LOT of pictures are taking of you and your family during the dolphin swim (individual and group pics posing with the dolphin, then multiple individual shots of you all kissing the dolphin and "swimming" with the dolphin) but elsewhere, photographers will be limited.

Does the Discovery Package include the Dolphin Swim photos as well or is it always an add on? What is the best photo options with the Dolphin Swim?

Also all of these DC photo packages are separate from the Photokey program SW offers correct? Is there any combination photo package you can buy that includes all four parks - SW, AQ, DC and BGT? We are planning a trip and I just thought I would ask as it seems confusing depending on where you read?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter