Discovery Cove Dolphin Swim Question

TravelandLeisure

Mouseketeer
Hi Guys!
My husband, 2 daughters (10, 2), and I are going to Discovery Cove for the first time this summer, and we are so excited. We did purchase the tickets to include the dolphin swim, so I have a question about that.

Obviously the 2 year old can’t participate in the dolphin swim, so DH and I will have to split into 2 separate times so one of us can stay with her. If we purchase the photo package, would that cover both of our swims (even though they would be at different times)?

Also, I thought about one of us just taking pics on the shoreline while the other is swimming, but would it be close enough?

If you bring a good camera, you can get good photos from the shore. That means, a camera with a zoom lens. There are a few threads on this. You will appreciate having the camera in the aviary also, and lockers are free so you don't have to carry it all day.

Can't answer the photo package question.

Thanks for that info. Since we have to split up anyway, I think we will just save the $200+ and bring our own camera.

managing expectations ... this is some folks we hosted to a DC trip ... we're in the red box watching .... the photos we could take would have been limited in angle and distance

b4 COVID there were MULTIPLE groups in the water at any time and some groups could be in a better position then others ..... just luck of the draw I suppose .... and some pictures like the fin tow were taken by a guy on the rocks behind in this picture, so better angle if you have a long lens

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter