Discontinued interline rates

I don't know how long the interline discount rate has been offered, but I know I have been using it for over 10 years. I think I have been on two trips in the past 10 years that I have not used the interline rate (one was the 4-3 deal of 2009). I had called about a September trip before the 19th just to check availability and rates and was not told a thing about it going away. Called a week ago and found out the news. :furious:

I wrote Disney a firmly worded e-mail about how we have been going to WDW for 10 years and have accumulated well over 20 trips, spending money on tickets, food, tours, souvineers, hard ticket events. Between this elimination of the interline discount and the increased price of annual passes (especially charging adult prices for child's passes), I asked them to tell me specifically how we could continue to afford to visit anymore.

I got back the usual form letter that the elimination of the interline rate was "a company directive," and that "The Walt Disney World Resort does not currently offer a savings or discount based on employment by or affliation with any airline or travel organization." They said I should check out the "Special Offers" on the web site. They said nothing about the ticket prices.

Based on this e-mail, I wonder if travel agents also lose out on the interline rate?

All things considered, this past year's actions by WDW has left a bitter taste in our mouths. I would never say that I won't go again...but it will be few and far between, rather than the several times a year we had been averaging the past three years.

How will the resorts fill those last minute empty rooms now?

Eric

We switched our WDW vacation to Universal. They still offer the interline rate 40% off. I was able to book a club level room at Hard rock for 246.00 per night. Tickets were also a lot cheaper too. Disney's loss I guess.

What is number that you call for universal interline rates?

No special number just call the Universal reservations number on the website. All that is required is first nights deposit. Show your id at check in. It's very easy and cm's are great.

Thanks - we are currently booked at Marriot Village. Might have to ring Universal. How do they compare with Disney?

Thanks - we are currently booked at Marriot Village. Might have to ring Universal. How do they compare with Disney?

As good as if not better. We are going back to Disney in the Fall with a bounceback offer. I'm not sure what we will do in the future as far as Disney is concerned. I won't go without at least 35% off. The Universal resorts are very nice. They are probably more deluxe than the Disney resorts. Rack rate is considerably less so if you add in 40% off its a very affordable vacation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter