Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you get your machine and put the pattern on it then you just kind of follow the directions on the machine. Each one is different that I have encountered so far and I just do trial and error. I did the first one on scrap just to make sure I had an idea of what to do.

On my disney brother they have a couple of built in designs and they are done completely different (well just less steps) then ones I have purchased elsewhere. They do not look nearly as nice either.

I can't really break it out because it depends on what design you do. Mainly it is sew, lay fabric, sew, cut and sew if that makes sense.

THANKS!! I really appreciate any help I can get :) I'm sure I will have more questions once the machine gets here!

Evening all!!! I've just finished my Big Give for Nathan. Its a sketchbook as he really enjoys drawing:

Picture025.jpg

Picture024.jpg

I hand stitched the Mickey and letters and made a slip cover to go over a hardback sketchbook. The ties were already there so I've just made a button hole to thread the ribbon through.

Here is the inside - I put a pocket in
Picture026.jpg

One question for you all - do you think red ribbon would made it too girly? I want to get some grosgrain ribbon to much it look a bit snazier but I can't decide on a colour.

Even if I say so myself - I'm impressed!!! I feel a Christmas present coming on for my niece it was that easy to do.

I am so EXCITED!!! My husband bought me a new sewing machine. The one I have is 10 years old and does not do all the stitches it is supposed to (ie: zig zag...which is what I need to applique). So it is not a major one...but it is the CE5000 Limited Edition Project Runway (Brother) with 50 built in stiches & 87 stitch functions (which I have no idea what that means)....all I know is I can now start to do some of those incredible applique's I see you all doing!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!! Sorry...no one else in my circle of friends & family understands how excited I get about sewing!! LOL!! I knew you all would.

Any suggestions or tips on this machine would be greatly appreciated. I just got it today...and cannot use it till this weekend...I am going out of town for work tomorrow morning and not returning till Thursday evening...ugh! I will be dreaming of it till then! hahahah!

Time to look at the Applique tutorials again! I did buy some self adhesive/fusible paper...but need to get a ton more colors of thread! any suggestion on the best thread to use???

THANKS FOR READING...I AM JUST SO EXCITED...I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!

Char:dance3: :cheer2:

I've been missing from this thread forever. I think I last posted on the old one! You all are just too fast for me! I did finally do some sewing. I surprised two of my neices by taking them to HSM on Ice.

Here they are when they discovered we were going to HSM and not the mall!
P9201278.jpg

The outfits I made them.
th_P9201282.jpg

Closeups
th_P9201290.jpg

th_P9201291.jpg

My first dabble at making necklaces. They didn't come out perfect, but they'll do. I'm sure I'll get better with practice.
th_P9201292.jpg

th_P9201293.jpg

Here they are singing along to the show. They have blue mouths from thier FIFTEEN dollar snowcones.
th_P9211348.jpg

Oh, and I added about 3 installments to my trip report since I last posted. There is a link in my signature. :yay:
Great pictures! cute necklace and outfits

I am so EXCITED!!! My husband bought me a new sewing machine. The one I have is 10 years old and does not do all the stitches it is supposed to (ie: zig zag...which is what I need to applique). So it is not a major one...but it is the CE5000 Limited Edition Project Runway (Brother) with 50 built in stiches & 87 stitch functions (which I have no idea what that means)....all I know is I can now start to do some of those incredible applique's I see you all doing!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!! Sorry...no one else in my circle of friends & family understands how excited I get about sewing!! LOL!! I knew you all would.

Any suggestions or tips on this machine would be greatly appreciated. I just got it today...and cannot use it till this weekend...I am going out of town for work tomorrow morning and not returning till Thursday evening...ugh! I will be dreaming of it till then! hahahah!

Time to look at the Applique tutorials again! I did buy some self adhesive/fusible paper...but need to get a ton more colors of thread! any suggestion on the best thread to use???

Congrats on the new machine. I have the dealership version of your machine innovis -40 Project Runway. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! You will love yours too I am sure!

I highly suggest Coats & Clark thread that is for Embroidery (stock up when Joann's has it for 50% off)

OK...so i just signed up on YCMT and purchased 3 patterns $31...and nothing??? I have called and emailed them, but no answer. I have check my library on their site...and there is nothing there. I checked my account balance (bank) and the charges have come through! I am so frustrated!!

I did elmo but just did his head. I had a hard time finding what I wanted and finally ended up using one from a sticker I had. I also have a placemat that has great ss characters on it.
I am doing just his face too. It will go with a pair of pajama pants. Did you outline with black thread or matching thread? Do you have a photo? Any tips or recommendations?

Hello! I made a Zoe outfit for Sesame Place.... did you see it? I don't want to be redundent but here it is:

Dev.jpg

IMGP5739.jpg
THank you! I thought you had done Elmo or Zoe. Yours are adorable. Is it hard to go around the little black pupils in his eyes?

I have only made Mickey Head appliques so far so this will be my first multi piece multi colored applique.

Oh, I have that machine. I got it a few months ago. One thing I have learned the HARD way, it does not like to sew over pins!:rotfl: I have broken more needles in that machine that I think I have broken in all the time I have been sewing. I like the computerized stiches it does. Morgan is running around today in a dress I did computerized stitches on.

Congratulations!!!!
:cool1:
Enjoy your new machine.
I started using Sulky thread when I got a new machine last year.... so far I have loved it. And whenever JoAnn has a sail on thread I stock up :)

Congrats everyone on your new machines! Have a wonderful time with them!!!
Sorry about the Scooby, Heather....looks like piecing it is in order :headache: I love the figures Michelle found!

Steph....that is sooo funny what Megan said about the horse being bouncy!!! I hear ya!

OK off to get ready for my back-to-school presentation!! Have a great night all!

Congrats everyone on your new machines! Have a wonderful time with them!!!
Sorry about the Scooby, Heather....looks like piecing it is in order :headache: I love the figures Michelle found!

Steph....that is sooo funny what Megan said about the horse being bouncy!!! I hear ya!

OK off to get ready for my back-to-school presentation!! Have a great night all!

Have fun at your back to school night! I hope you can do as well as Riley's weirdo teacher did. He just stood there and said, "I really don't have anything to say" over and over and over. It was very informative!:rolleyes:

BTW: small update on teacher situation......

Riley has asked me to call the principal and ask her to meet with us together. She wants to talk to her and let her know some of the things that are happening in class, but she in not comfortable going in on her own. She said that she understood that we had all told her what the kids were saying, but she thinks that the principal will understand better if she hears it from the kids.

Have fun at your back to school night! I hope you can do as well as Riley's weirdo teacher did. He just stood there and said, "I really don't have anything to say" over and over and over. It was very informative!:rolleyes:

Riley has asked me to call the principal and ask her to meet with us together. She wants to talk to her and let her know some of the things that are happening in class, but she in not comfortable going in on her own. She said that she understood that we had all told her what the kids were saying, but she thinks that the principal will understand better if she hears it from the kids.

I was just thinking about Riley today and wondering how things were going.
:grouphug:

Finally took some pics and uploaded them. We leave in 6 days! So I need to pack!

Buzz Lightyear dress
2008_0922cameranew0018.jpg
2008_0922cameranew0017.jpg

Little einstein dress
2008_0922cameranew0019.jpg

Mickey outfit to match the shirts I already made for us!
2008_0922cameranew0023.jpg

Minnie mouse dress...I think I already shared, but wasn't sure..
2008_0922cameranew0026.jpg

101 Dalmation dress
2008_0922cameranew0028.jpg
2008_0922cameranew0029.jpg

Her "Disney Dress". Lots of embroidered designs on it. Definitely our favorite. Tried to get a twirl picture, but I am still figuring out new camera!
2008_0922cameranew0030.jpg
2008_0922cameranew0034.jpg

2008_0922cameranew0036.jpg

Thats all for Sara Beth. I will pst Ashley's pics later!

(above poster...) OMGosh! Love the use of the "Disney Squares"!!!!!!!

Did anyone else complete a project with those?

My quilt top is done. Need to find a cozy flannel to back mine. Well, and I need to unpack the sewing machine since we're taking our house off the market in October. Then I'll be a non-lurker! :cool2:

Mommyof2princesses-I love all of those outfits they are too cute, but that last one with all the patches is beautiful. I absolutely love that one.

Yay..congratulations on the new machine. How exciting!!! I really like Sulky Embroidery thread. Definitely stock up on embroidery thread on they go on sale.

Evening all!!! I've just finished my Big Give for Nathan. Its a sketchbook as he really enjoys drawing:

th_Picture025.jpg
I hand stitched the Mickey and letters and made a slip cover to go over a hardback sketchbook. The ties were already there so I've just made a button hole to thread the ribbon through.

One question for you all - do you think red ribbon would made it too girly? I want to get some grosgrain ribbon to much it look a bit snazier but I can't decide on a colour.

Even if I say so myself - I'm impressed!!! I feel a Christmas present coming on for my niece it was that easy to do.
That is so cute!!! He'll love it!!! I'm not sure about the ribbon, I think the red would look nice.

Yeah for you!!!! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Sorry this is continuing with the teacher.
Finally took some pics and uploaded them. We leave in 6 days! So I need to pack!
Her "Disney Dress". Lots of embroidered designs on it. Definitely our favorite.
th_2008_0922cameranew0036.jpg

Thats all for Sara Beth. I will pst Ashley's pics later!
I love them all, but the Disney Eye spy dress is fantastic!!!!

(above poster...) OMGosh! Love the use of the "Disney Squares"!!!!!!!

Did anyone else complete a project with those?

My quilt top is done. Need to find a cozy flannel to back mine. Well, and I need to unpack the sewing machine since we're taking our house off the market in October. Then I'll be a non-lurker! :cool2:

OOOH! I can't wait for you to become a non-lurker again! :banana: :banana: :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter