Disboutiquers Part 8 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew

Status
Not open for further replies.
We got our test results back today in Algebra.. I got an A!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I bought myself a chocolate cake to celebrate. I had the bakery put an A on it:rotfl: What a dork!!!
...t.

Thanks for all the compliments on Sara beth's outfits. I worked very hard on the Disney dress. It was a lot of squares and math!

Here are Ashley's things. She didn't want much because she is too old!

tinkerbelle skirt
2008_0922cameranew0039.jpg

bright mickey heads top
2008_0922cameranew0044.jpg

preshirred eyelet top (I may add straps to this one!)
2008_0922cameranew0042.jpg

Mickey top to match Sara beth's outfit.
2008_0922cameranew0041.jpg

Here is an organizer for the stoller. I love it because it easily comes off and folds in half and becomes a little bag so we can take it with us instead of leaving it on the stoller.
2008_0922cameranew0045.jpg

And finally, I realized you can't tell that the LE dress has embroidery on the skirt. You can kind of see it here... All 4 einsteins are on the yellow strips.
2008_0922cameranew0021.jpg

ok who wants to guess what concert i will be going to tomorrow?
okay you give up?
new kids on the block
i am so excited

bright mickey heads top
2008_0922cameranew0044.jpg

WOW :worship: you want to make one for me for our DisBoutique Meet?

ok who wants to guess what concert i will be going to tomorrow?
okay you give up?
new kids on the block
i am so excited

I am SOOO jealous. We tried to get tickets and they sold out in seconds.

We got our test results back today in Algebra.. I got an A!!:banana: :banana: :banana: I bought myself a chocolate cake to celebrate. I had the bakery put an A on it:rotfl: What a dork!!!
...t.

YAY!!!! You are officially a genius in my book :worship:

WOW :worship: you want to make one for me for our DisBoutique Meet?

This pattern wasn't too bad! Of course, this is the 4th shirt I have made with the pattern! I got really good at it! My dd loves this pattern because she says it is stylish....gotta love teenagers!

I think I am losing my mind. I am sewing together a dress where the material is a white pattern on a white background and for the life of me, now that the bodice is half sewn together, I can't tell if I have sewn it inside out or not. I honestly think I have it half and half, but I can't figure out which is right any more. I'm trying to figure out which seams have to come out and I am so confused. I think I might have to take all 4 seams out and try again. I'm half tempted to just cut it all out again, but I hate to waste the material.

Hey, I can help with this. Put the piece in your lap and look at it. Turn it over and look at it again. You can see the white print on the white background clearly against your pants. It's sharper/clearer on one side and muddled on the reverse. Works especially well if you're wearing denim or dark clothes. No idea where I picked that one up at!

Evening all!!! I've just finished my Big Give for Nathan. Its a sketchbook as he really enjoys drawing:

th_Picture025.jpg

th_Picture024.jpg

I hand stitched the Mickey and letters and made a slip cover to go over a hardback sketchbook. The ties were already there so I've just made a button hole to thread the ribbon through.

Here is the inside - I put a pocket in
th_Picture026.jpg

One question for you all - do you think red ribbon would made it too girly? I want to get some grosgrain ribbon to much it look a bit snazier but I can't decide on a colour.

Even if I say so myself - I'm impressed!!! I feel a Christmas present coming on for my niece it was that easy to do.

That looks great! Red ribbon would probably be fine, black would be more "boyish"

I am so EXCITED!!! My husband bought me a new sewing machine. The one I have is 10 years old and does not do all the stitches it is supposed to (ie: zig zag...which is what I need to applique). So it is not a major one...but it is the CE5000 Limited Edition Project Runway (Brother) with 50 built in stiches & 87 stitch functions (which I have no idea what that means)....all I know is I can now start to do some of those incredible applique's I see you all doing!!!! YAYAYAYAYAY!! Sorry...no one else in my circle of friends & family understands how excited I get about sewing!! LOL!! I knew you all would.

Any suggestions or tips on this machine would be greatly appreciated. I just got it today...and cannot use it till this weekend...I am going out of town for work tomorrow morning and not returning till Thursday evening...ugh! I will be dreaming of it till then! hahahah!

Time to look at the Applique tutorials again! I did buy some self adhesive/fusible paper...but need to get a ton more colors of thread! any suggestion on the best thread to use???

THANKS FOR READING...I AM JUST SO EXCITED...I CAN BARELY CONTAIN MYSELF!!!!

Char:dance3: :cheer2:

Yay! How fun!

Have fun at your back to school night! I hope you can do as well as Riley's weirdo teacher did. He just stood there and said, "I really don't have anything to say" over and over and over. It was very informative!:rolleyes:

BTW: small update on teacher situation......

Riley has asked me to call the principal and ask her to meet with us together. She wants to talk to her and let her know some of the things that are happening in class, but she in not comfortable going in on her own. She said that she understood that we had all told her what the kids were saying, but she thinks that the principal will understand better if she hears it from the kids.

What a great kid! (but we already knew that!)

Finally took some pics and uploaded them. We leave in 6 days! So I need to pack!

Buzz Lightyear dress
th_2008_0922cameranew0018.jpg
th_2008_0922cameranew0017.jpg

Little einstein dress
th_2008_0922cameranew0019.jpg

Mickey outfit to match the shirts I already made for us!
th_2008_0922cameranew0023.jpg

Minnie mouse dress...I think I already shared, but wasn't sure..
th_2008_0922cameranew0026.jpg

101 Dalmation dress
th_2008_0922cameranew0028.jpg
th_2008_0922cameranew0029.jpg

Her "Disney Dress". Lots of embroidered designs on it. Definitely our favorite. Tried to get a twirl picture, but I am still figuring out new camera!
th_2008_0922cameranew0030.jpg
2008_0922cameranew0034.jpg

th_2008_0922cameranew0036.jpg

Thats all for Sara Beth. I will pst Ashley's pics later!

WOW! Great job! I can't even decide which I like best. But I have to say where did you get the fabric on the bodice of your Disney patchwork dress? We are eating at Chef Mickey's on Valentine's day and I have been trying to figure out in my mind how to applique an image just like that! The colors are perfect and everything! I need it! Seriously!

...t.

:cheer2: yay t! :cheer2:

Too many Elmo's! I know alot of you have seen these before as this is a super old outfit! Sorry.

elmo.jpg

elmocup.jpg

elmoout1.jpg

I used red, well matching colors to outline. It was my 1st (or 2nd, I did them the same week) applique ever so all I can say is, he was SO easy! Or maybe I just like a challenge. Sorry, I can't find a front on big picture anywhere! I am so bad about my pictures being everywhere!

ETA - Oh, how I miss that hair!

WOW! Great job! I can't even decide which I like best. But I have to say where did you get the fabric on the bodice of your Disney patchwork dress? We are eating at Chef Mickey's on Valentine's day and I have been trying to figure out in my mind how to applique an image just like that! The colors are perfect and everything! I need it! Seriously!

You may not believe this, but...the bodice was made from a bandana! I found it at Hobby Lobby and thought it would make a great top. So, took it home (was only $1.10 with my coupon) washed it to get the sizing out, and it worked out perfectly. I was also able to find the bias tape in the exact color to do the hem!

what pattern is that? i love that and would love to do one for me

It is simplicity 3799. I bought the xxs, xs, s, m pattern and for mine I just made the shirt a little wider. That way I could use the pattern for both of us. Here is another one I made for me...don't mind my hair and all...I had just worked all day.
2008_0713Image0004.jpg

You may not believe this, but...the bodice was made from a bandana! I found it at Hobby Lobby and thought it would make a great top. So, took it home (was only $1.10 with my coupon) washed it to get the sizing out, and it worked out perfectly. I was also able to find the bias tape in the exact color to do the hem!

It is simplicity 3799. I bought the xxs, xs, s, m pattern and for mine I just made the shirt a little wider. That way I could use the pattern for both of us. Here is another one I made for me...don't mind my hair and all...I had just worked all day.
2008_0713Image0004.jpg

Thanks so much! I absolutly love it and will have to be doing one for mommy

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter