Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cathy pattern question

I am thinking of buying this pattern but wanted to know if the neck is shirred or elastic? And I have the same question of the Marlo top for adults. It looks like elastic but I want to make sure.

It is elastic...you make a casing with bias tape for the elastic to feed through. Once I figured it out on the first one, it was easy!

My scrapbooking event for the Make-A-Wish Foundation was yesterday! It was a very nice event! Not as big as I hoped, but I think it will be bigger next year! I don't know how much was made yet. Anyway, I made Gabriel an outfit just for it! Here is a link to it. I made a hat, too, but I didn't get a photo of it on him. A friend did, hopefully I get it from her soon!

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?g...75&aid=-1&oid=240114243175&id=100000060367217
I hope the event was a success. The new Old National Bank building looks nice. I have never been in it before. I will be in Eville on Tues for a week so I might have to check it out. Gabriel's outfit was really cute. I can't believe how big he is already. Time is flying.

I finished my older daughter's AK dress. Boy am I glad! Everything that could go wrong, did :headache: I think it took twice as long as it needed to take. But it is finished now!

IMG_1516.jpg

Here is the twirl factor. I wish the sun had not messed up the picture!
IMG_1527.jpg

I finished my older daughter's AK dress. Boy am I glad! Everything that could go wrong, did :headache: I think it took twice as long as it needed to take. But it is finished now!

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

Well, you'd never know it was a problem! I LOVE this! What is the middle between the bodice and skirt, it kinda looks rouched?

Well we're leaving in 16days and I'm officially in overtime mode. We're there for 11days and I'm making a day & night outfit for each day. My DD 3 is getting the hand me downs from her sister from 2yrs ago, but I still have DD5 and DS7 to sew for. That's alot of outfits. I've ended up doing almost all of DS shirts, he's just easier, no decision to make. With the girls stuff, there's too my to decide: dress, skirt, tank, shorts....I'm terrible at making decisions.

And I've got this terrible feeling that once I'm "done" it's going to bug me that the 2 girls aren't going to have matching outfits. But I bought (i wasn't sewing 2yrs ago!) sooo many great outfits for our last trip, it would be crazy not to use them again (I've just gotta keep telling myself this!!!!)

I'll be sure to post some pics soon...

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

So beautiful, I love it!!

Question for those of you who have done or are doing customs with Anastasia and Drizella...

On a whim, I quick decided to use the coupon code at YCMT and bought a bundle pack of Carla's Portrait Peasant, Stripwork Jumper, and Easy Fit Pants. My fabric budget is so far over drawn, but I decided that it would be "easy" to make a peasant short sleeve elongated top with a ruffle, and ruffle capris in the colors of the stepsisters.

I will do the bodice and the main parts of the pants in one color, then contrasting sleeves and ruffles on the bottom of the top and easy fits.

Driz will be fairly easy, I think, as she's just a teal and a lime color, right? I am having color troubles for Ana's fabric...a lot of places show just pink and purple, but then others show a bright pink and a wine color.

So...VETERANS!!! We are eating at 1900PF and I want their clothes to be obviously stepsister inspired to get some attention from Driz and Ana! ;) so, looking for what would be the most "authentic" color-wise. For Ana...Pink and purple, pink and wine? Help!

Question for those of you who have done or are doing customs with Anastasia and Drizella...

On a whim, I quick decided to use the coupon code at YCMT and bought a bundle pack of Carla's Portrait Peasant, Stripwork Jumper, and Easy Fit Pants. My fabric budget is so far over drawn, but I decided that it would be "easy" to make a peasant short sleeve elongated top with a ruffle, and ruffle capris in the colors of the stepsisters.

I will do the bodice and the main parts of the pants in one color, then contrasting sleeves and ruffles on the bottom of the top and easy fits.

Driz will be fairly easy, I think, as she's just a teal and a lime color, right? I am having color troubles for Ana's fabric...a lot of places show just pink and purple, but then others show a bright pink and a wine color.

So...VETERANS!!! We are eating at 1900PF and I want their clothes to be obviously stepsister inspired to get some attention from Driz and Ana! ;) so, looking for what would be the most "authentic" color-wise. For Ana...Pink and purple, pink and wine? Help!

Here is a picture of her dress at 1900...it was more of a wine color with hot pink.

DSC_5103.jpg

Anastasia actually has 3 shades, but I've never been able to put together 3 shades from the same line that I was happy with. I went with wine for and fuschia (sp??).

You're in for a lot of fun! My daughter was Anastasia on one trip, Lady T on our last trip, and will be Drizella this December.

Love Love Love all the outfits on here lately!!!

I gave in and ordered a bunch of patterns from YCMT with the coupon that was posted. I went to print one out earlier, and my printer won't work :scared1: If everything goes well, my hubby will finally be home Wednesday night, :yay: so I can wait until then to get it fixed. I do have two questions though - which of CarlaC's patterns are the easiest to start with, other than the pants, and how do you go about redeeming the points? I placed a second order in hopes to use the points, but I didn't see where it gave me that option. Thanks!

Oh - and I told my hubby that shopping for patterns and fabric is my therapy, so he should find a different job :rotfl: :rotfl2:

~ Shannon

Here is a picture of her dress at 1900...it was more of a wine color with hot pink.

Anastasia actually has 3 shades, but I've never been able to put together 3 shades from the same line that I was happy with. I went with wine for and fuschia (sp??).

You're in for a lot of fun! My daughter was Anastasia on one trip, Lady T on our last trip, and will be Drizella this December.

Thanks ladies! I think that after seeing pics from the both of you that I should re-think things a little...I will for sure do the wine and fuschia for Ana.

Here's my current dilemma...I was going to do the bodice one color, then the sleeves and ruffle a different color on the top. Looking at the pics, their peplums are the same color as their bodice, so maybe I should make the ruffles the same color as the bodice. Then have the pants the same color as the contrast sleeves (rather than the bodice like I had thought) because int he pics, their big skirt matches their sleeves. Would it look alright though to have the bodice and ruffle the same color, or would I lose the ruffle and have it not show well?

Jeez...I am an overthinker...:sad2:

Well, you'd never know it was a problem! I LOVE this! What is the middle between the bodice and skirt, it kinda looks rouched?

Well we're leaving in 16days and I'm officially in overtime mode. We're there for 11days and I'm making a day & night outfit for each day. My DD 3 is getting the hand me downs from her sister from 2yrs ago, but I still have DD5 and DS7 to sew for. That's alot of outfits. I've ended up doing almost all of DS shirts, he's just easier, no decision to make. With the girls stuff, there's too my to decide: dress, skirt, tank, shorts....I'm terrible at making decisions.

And I've got this terrible feeling that once I'm "done" it's going to bug me that the 2 girls aren't going to have matching outfits. But I bought (i wasn't sewing 2yrs ago!) sooo many great outfits for our last trip, it would be crazy not to use them again (I've just gotta keep telling myself this!!!!)

I didn't want my girls matching this trip. My oldest was getting older and I didn't want it to baby looking. Plus they are just different body builds. I did have cordinating outfits. Like they both wore tinkerbell, just different prints and dresses. Along with the Mickey theme and Toy Story!

Good luck, cant wait to see pictures!

It is rounched. I just wanted something extra there. I had a problem with a buttonhole so I had to redo the bodice once, I had to redo the rounch b/c I did it too high the first time, and I had several battles with my serger!

Good luck with all your sewing. I am making 14 dresses and 36 shirts (embroidered). I have 3 dresses completed (maybe 5 if I decide to use a Toy Story dress I made for the movie) and 10 shirts. We don't leave until the end of Sept but school starts in 3 weeks and I homeschool. So my free time lessons when school starts!

Just got back from Disney World!!!
I'm soooooooooo glad we did the Stroller as a Wheelchair. That was a BIG life saver. She sat in it till it was time to get on the rides. We also got the GAC, which was helpfull too, but the stroller was the best.
We did have a meltdown in line to see Woody and Buzz, I had to go back out with her, they let us in the back door when ever our group got up to them.

Thanks for all the info, I wish we ahd known about this along time ago. All well, we know now, and now know what to do!!!!!

I did Stroller as a wheelchair for both kiddos. They also gave me a GAC and just put it in my name, since it was for both kiddos.

My mom has the camera so she will need to post pics. I will say it was HOTTTTTTTTTT, so ignore all of the glistening!!!!

On a sad note, baby boy started running a fever last night on our way home. So now I maybe visiting a Dr tomorrow. Back to reality!!!!

I finally have some pictures to post! We were having problems with our computer and ended up getting a new one. I have a bunch more things I have to take pictures of, or have taken pictures and they are on my other camera.
The first burp cloth I ever appliqued...for my first and only niece
DSC_7660.jpg

Some burp cloths and a bib I embroidered for my sister...
DSC_8225.jpg

My first Cathy dress...Claire's is the same but in hot pink. They will wear these to my cousin's wedding the end of August.
DSC_8228.jpg

My first t-shirt. I had my MIL do the Big Sister shirts for the girls and show me how she does it so I could figure out what I was doing wrong. I made this in under an hour from idea to leaving for the party for the daughter of a friend of mine...her name is Emily.
DSC_8275.jpg

Molly's dress for Animal Kingdom in November. I still need to finish the bottom edge, but am waiting until closer to the trip to make sure she doesn't have a growth spurt. I want to just hem it, but may need to add a ruffle if she grows too much!
DSC_8280.jpg

DSC_8281.jpg

DSC_8283.jpg

This is Heathersue's Daisy design. Claire's will be similar but has a 5x7 Minnie with Cheetah print on the bodice and cheetah print straps. Hopefully I'll get it done today so I can take pictures and post it. I have it all cut out and the applique done, I just have to assemble it.

I'm trying to get a bunch done in the next couple days, but am delivering our baby boy on Thursday, if not before then. I need to clean this house, but am more interested in sewing than anything else!:rotfl2:

Wow! I love the AK dress! That is gorgeous. Nothing like a twirl to please a little girl!

I want to make a precious dress long-sleeved. When I elongate the sleeve piece, should I just make a rectangle or taper it down? I planned on making the length of the sleeve the length of her arm from shoulder to wrist plus seam allowances. Am I missing any obvious concept? Like elbow room? I had already thought about that the sleeve cuff needs to be wide enough to get her hand through so I don't have to add buttons, etc.

IMG_1516.jpg

IMG_1527.jpg

Love all of those AK dresses!!!! Great work!!

For fun I did matching headbands for my DD and I

5047_110121945972_631255972_3298891_3423931_n.jpg

I took the freebie bags my mom got at a conference and turned them into beach bags for the kids.

5047_110119845972_631255972_3298865_2243305_n.jpg

5047_110119855972_631255972_3298866_7892014_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter