Disboutiquers Part 21 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would make a bowling shirt and rag out the ends and the same with easy fit pants. Make both in green. Or if it is warm enough just do a long sophie and rag the end. Make hat, Belt it and be done.

Thanks - good idea on the bowling shirt

Hi Everyone!!

CUTE CUTE CUTE things posted lately!!! Hopefully my serger will be back from the shop soon and I'll be sewing again. I really miss it!!!

Question for you all. has anyone seen a free yellow jacket embroidery design? I found a bee that would work, but its not in the PES format I need. Im looking for something that looks like the Cedarville University Yellow Jacket. Bekah leaves in 18 days!!!! I had purchased one of those towel sets from walmart on clearance last year (the ones they put out for back to college stuff) and want to embroider her name and the yellow jacket on them!!!! Any ideas where to look???

THANKS!!!

No matter how many times I watch that video, it never fails to make me laugh. "ANASTAAAAASIAAAAA!!!!" :rotfl2:

Me too! It's one of my favorite Disney memries.

Teresajoy - That video is still great no matter how many times I watch it, maybe you should add it to the bookmarks! :thumbsup2
That's not a bad idea, then I'd be able to find it!

Such a great pic! I may not post alot here, but I read along everyday....and I'm so happy for you guys!

Well, I've taken over my dining room, I've got tees hanging from the chandelier and girls outfits hanging from the china hutch!

Here's the start of the girls outfits, lot of tops, I figured I'll go back and do the shorts/skirts at the end if I have time....get ready for lots of pics (I've been stockpiling!)

068.jpg

I'm so glad you all got me over the fear of the simply sweet 100 page pattern. It obviously has become the outfit of this vacation, so versitile and simple! I love it.....next the boy tees!
I don't want to be a "told you so" But..... ;) See, we knew you would love that pattern! These outfits are all fabulous! I love them all !

And if you didn't notice, yes that's my embroidery 61count thread holder in my china hutch! Moved the china to make room for thread! My entire dining room table has been taken over....thank goodness we have a dining room that we NEVER use.

th_069.jpg

Still need to add his name to a few of them. And the cool thing was I found glow in the dark thread and used it for the eyes in some of the shirts. So COOL. It's pretty creapy looking. I thought that would be a good selling point to an almost 8yo boy when I'm asking him to wearing a prince charming cutie! It worked!

I've got about 5 more shirts for him. And lots more for the girls....the clock is ticking....I just got my 2gallon ziplocs delivered today....anxious to see if the shirts fit in them.
WOWWOWWOW!!! You have been REALLY busy!!! And, it just makes me happy to see so many of Heather's designs all together like this!

I am so excited that this worked out like I had hoped! I wanted the apron separate so she could choose how she wanted to wear it after the trip.

th_IMG_1535.jpg

Can you tell I am excited? After all the trouble I had with the AK one this weekend it was nice to have this turn out.
Denise, you should be excited!!! That is so clever!!! I am really loving it! Is it an elongated Portrait Peasant? I may have to steel that idea for a dress. I hate gathering!

Looks like we will be moving tonight!

Hi Everyone!!

CUTE CUTE CUTE things posted lately!!! Hopefully my serger will be back from the shop soon and I'll be sewing again. I really miss it!!!

Question for you all. has anyone seen a free yellow jacket embroidery design? I found a bee that would work, but its not in the PES format I need. Im looking for something that looks like the Cedarville University Yellow Jacket. Bekah leaves in 18 days!!!! I had purchased one of those towel sets from walmart on clearance last year (the ones they put out for back to college stuff) and want to embroider her name and the yellow jacket on them!!!! Any ideas where to look???

THANKS!!!

Sent you an email!

Such a great pic! I may not post alot here, but I read along everyday....and I'm so happy for you guys!

Well, I've taken over my dining room, I've got tees hanging from the chandelier and girls outfits hanging from the china hutch!

Here's the start of the girls outfits, lot of tops, I figured I'll go back and do the shorts/skirts at the end if I have time....get ready for lots of pics (I've been stockpiling!)

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

I'm so glad you all got me over the fear of the simply sweet 100 page pattern. It obviously has become the outfit of this vacation, so versitile and simple! I love it.....next the boy tees!

you are doing an incredible job!! where did you find the minnie with all of the EPCOT balloons????

Teresa...that video is worth watching again! It's so fun to watch, even though its not my kids, we hear so much about them, they feel like it!

Go ahead and get a move on, I'm about to make a major picture post!:lmao:

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

And if you didn't notice, yes that's my embroidery 61count thread holder in my china hutch! Moved the china to make room for thread! My entire dining room table has been taken over....thank goodness we have a dining room that we NEVER use.

Here's my son's tees
073.jpg

072.jpg

The mickey prince charming was very small for the 6x10 hoop, I'm not sure why, but it's much, much smaller than all the other shirts...

071.jpg

070.jpg

069.jpg

Still need to add his name to a few of them. And the cool thing was I found glow in the dark thread and used it for the eyes in some of the shirts. So COOL. It's pretty creapy looking. I thought that would be a good selling point to an almost 8yo boy when I'm asking him to wearing a prince charming cutie! It worked!

I've got about 5 more shirts for him. And lots more for the girls....the clock is ticking....I just got my 2gallon ziplocs delivered today....anxious to see if the shirts fit in them.

Wow! You have been busy! Love it all!

I am so excited that this worked out like I had hoped! I wanted the apron separate so she could choose how she wanted to wear it after the trip.

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

I didn't want to tie the apron on so I used buttons!
IMG_1538.jpg

Can you tell I am excited? After all the trouble I had with the AK one this weekend it was nice to have this turn out.

Way too cute!

Denise, you should be excited!!! That is so clever!!! I am really loving it! Is it an elongated Portrait Peasant? I may have to steel that idea for a dress. I hate gathering!

Thanks! I had the idea in my head for a few months but for it to work out...
It is an elongated Portrait Peasant. It could have used one more ruffle but I am happy with it :) I have a ruffler, so I love gathering now!

Teresa...that video is worth watching again! It's so fun to watch, even though its not my kids, we hear so much about them, they feel like it!

Go ahead and get a move on, I'm about to make a major picture post!:lmao:

Aww, that is so sweet of you to say!

Ok, I'm getting the new post ready, I should be ready when we hit 250.

Thanks! I had the idea in my head for a few months but for it to work out...
It is an elongated Portrait Peasant. It could have used one more ruffle but I am happy with it :) I have a ruffler, so I love gathering now!
I have a ruffler, but I just don't like using it. Maybe I should try it again.

Does anyone know a good tutorial for shirring? I am intimidated by it, but I need Mackenzie's clothes to last longer. I swear shes a weed. :rotfl:

IMG_1530.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1535.jpg

I didn't want to tie the apron on so I used buttons!
IMG_1538.jpg

I can't believe how big she looks! I remember when you first started posting and she was so little! I love the butt ruffles. DD would love if I made her a dress with puffy sleeves and butt ruffles!

Does anyone know a good tutorial for shirring? I am intimidated by it, but I need Mackenzie's clothes to last longer. I swear shes a weed. :rotfl:

There's several good ones in the bookmarks on page 1. Carla C also did one recently on her blog http://scientificseamstress.blogspot.com/ but it was more involved than some. I get good results with the one I used from the bookmarks. Shirring is easy once you get over the "Im scared of it part" really! I used to be afraid, but it really is easy if you can sew a straight line, you can do it!

068.jpg

061.jpg

063.jpg

065.jpg

066.jpg

062.jpg

WOW!!! you have been BUSY BUSY BUSY! and they all look absolutely fabulous!:thumbsup2

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter