Disboutiquers Part 17 Kids Disney Boutique / Customs Clothes psst..we sew ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.
made it... this is my best yet. woohoo.
now if somebody could give me a kick in the behind.
i was so excited when we were in virginia i went to a hancocks fabric (none by me) bought some really cute stuff and it is still in the bag ( hangs head in shame) so hopefully once school starts i will have some stuff to show.
i am still reading along and lurking and am more impressed each and every day. you guys amaze me.

I
These pictures make me happy! I love the dresses!

That's very high praise! Many thanks! :goodvibes

We love 1900 PF and can't wait to celebrate my daughter's birthday there. I tried to put her off til another day since we're having lunch at CRT, but she would rather ditch the CRT and do 1900 PF. My compromise is to do both! (Gotta love free dining!)

Wow you ladies are chatty! I'm still reading through the last thread looking for inspiration. School is starting back in less than 2 weeks, and once the big kids are gone all day once again, it will be time for me to start working on outfits for our next Disney trip! It is going to be DD1's first trip and DD8 is begging for matching outfits, so this WILL be the trip that I stop procrastinating and get at least a few outfits done. I don't have a tenth of the talent I've seen in the pics on the old thread, and I'm still new to sewing (and paint more than I sew), but I'm going to give it my best.

Here's my challenge - we're going in January so I'm kind of iffy on skirts in case we have cool days, but we'll have a couple days where we will be going from the park to a signature dinner so the outfits do have to be fairly nice/slightly dressy. Since much of my sewing thus far has been limited to embellishing jeans and trimming tees to coordinate with iron-ons or painted designs, I'm not entirely sure how to handle denim-less outfits! :confused3
I'm excited you'll be making matching outfits! How fun!!! Could you put leggins underneath skirts? When I was a kid, we use to go in December and I know it can be downright cold then! Bring mittens. :)

Awwww man! Page 3???? I'm a loser.......:sad2:

Oh, you aren't a loser!! You madeit before page 10!!! The losers post after page 10, didn't you know that??? :confused3
Oh good I found you guys.

For the person who asked the name of the fabric I posted ~ I don't know what it's called but I'm going back to the fabric store in the next couple days and I'll see if I can find out.

I found a few pics of past halloween costumes I thought I would share.:)

We call this "The Jinglebell Fairy" The skirt had tiny bells held on with ribbons and it tinkled when she walked
th_IMG_1120.jpg

I love the Jinglebell Fairy outfit!!! Too cute! Is that a Ren faire?

We love 1900 PF and can't wait to celebrate my daughter's birthday there. I tried to put her off til another day since we're having lunch at CRT, but she would rather ditch the CRT and do 1900 PF. My compromise is to do both! (Gotta love free dining!)

We love it too! It was so fun last time we went! I don't blame you doing both!

Sadly, I am somewhat computer illiterate and can't figure out how.......I know...pathetic.:sad2:

I found the tutorial Heather posted, let us know if you have any trouble with it!

http://disboards.com/showpost.php?p=21575852&postcount=18261

Heathersue said:
First click on "user CP" up near the left hand corner of the screen.
Next, under "Control Panel" on the left, you will see "Edit Avatar".
You can pick one of the pre-loaded avatars (which would make me confuse you with someone else who has the same avatar), or you can upload your own from your computer.
First, you'll want to resize the picture you want to use and save it to your computer. I'd be happy to help you with this part if you want to PM me (I'll help anyone else if they need help resizing their picture).
Once you have the picture resized and ready, scroll down the page until you see the "custom avatar" box.
Click on "Browse" and find the picture file in your computer. Make sure the "use custom avatar" box is checked.
Hit "upload" and it should be set!

If you have a picture in Photobucket, if you resize it to the littlest size (it may even say avatar size) that will be perfect.

I'm excited you'll be making matching outfits! How fun!!! Could you put leggins underneath skirts? When I was a kid, we use to go in December and I know it can be downright cold then! Bring mittens. :)

I was thinking about that. DD8 loves that look - a frilly, funky skirt over lace-edged leggings, and I could probably get away with buying the leggings to match whatever I make since they seem to be back in style.

I'm not going quite so far as bringing mittens - after all, we're from Michigan and 50 is downright balmy to us in January! But I do expect some cooler weather. I have the most adorable pics from the last time we were there in Jan '08 of my kids in the pool with the lifeguards in the background in winter hats & gloves. :rotfl2: Apparently Floridians have a somewhat narrower definition of "swimming weather" than we do!

Wow just wanted to say i have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful outfits you all have created over the last couple of months...so much so that i have gotten a plain ol sewing machine to see if i can learn this incredible skill you all seem to have!!!

Is a pillowcase dress a good place to start??? I have sewn nothing other than rag quilts so have no idea when it comes to patterns and matching material and thread etc......:confused3 but i guess i have to start somewhere so was just wondering what would be the easiest to start with??? then i guess my next step would be off to the city to find material and a pattern and whatever else i may need........

Any advice for a starting project??????????

What pattern did you use to make the dresses? I love them and thought of doing on for our dinner there for dd.

Hi Everyone!!

Ahh, I almost got lost in the move -what a Loser I am - what page are we on now???

Awww, I totally feel for all you mommies taking your babies to school - It must be so hard in some ways to leave them!!

LOVE all the outfits posted! You guys never cease to amaze me!!

I agree with the YCMT patterns - seriously, they are soooo much better than those darn tissue paper things with no directions!! They frustrate the heck out of me!! I just print my YCMT patterns out on paper or cardstock and walla!!:wizard: So easy to use, and if you have a question, its so easy to ask someone about it!!

I love Disney in December! I have been there when its 90 and humid and there when its 30 and windy!! If you are prepared, you will be fine. Honestly, DH had to buy me a winter coat at the Magic Kingdom a few years ago!! But the day before I had been in shorts and a tshirt!! And seriously, you know those little stretchy gloves that are so tiny? Pack a few pairs - they could be a lifesaver, especially once the son goes down!!

Back to sewing!!:goodvibes

Wow just wanted to say i have enjoyed looking at all the beautiful outfits you all have created over the last couple of months...so much so that i have gotten a plain ol sewing machine to see if i can learn this incredible skill you all seem to have!!!

Is a pillowcase dress a good place to start??? I have sewn nothing other than rag quilts so have no idea when it comes to patterns and matching material and thread etc......:confused3 but i guess i have to start somewhere so was just wondering what would be the easiest to start with??? then i guess my next step would be off to the city to find material and a pattern and whatever else i may need........

Any advice for a starting project??????????

Do you live near a Hobby Lobby? They have all their fabric matched for you! I love it. A pillowcase is a good place to start. My advise is buy some cheap fabric and just go for it. I am sure you will surprise yourself!

I think I am still about 15 pages behind.. and still lurking :)
But I made something!

Its the Patchwork Messenger bag from YCMT.
MessengerBag1.jpg
MessengerBag2.jpg

MessengerBag3.jpg

Its for me and I am hoping its not as bright as it seems ;)
The tropical print is from my DS6's first birthday. I made him a blanket out of it and have a bunch of it leftover. I have been wanting to make myself something with it. This used up the funny scraps I had and now I have about a yard for something else. Actually I used all scraps of fabric for this.. that was nice, I had to buy the D rings and O rings but that was it!
The pattern was good. It seemed complicated at first but as I went through, it really wasn't hard at all. I am sure I will use it again.
So, I will break it in this weekend on a quick trip to Albuquerque.

Back to lurking til school starts, we still have another week.

Do you live near a Hobby Lobby? They have all their fabric matched for you! I love it. A pillowcase is a good place to start. My advise is buy some cheap fabric and just go for it. I am sure you will surprise yourself!

Not that i am aware of as i am in Canada, but will have to research fabric places as the only one i am aware of is fabricland from purchasing some fabric for my daughters school project.........

Wow; I can't believe I got left behind:confused: sniff sniff. Hopefully it wasn't intentional:goodvibes right?

That's okay karebear, I will join you in the loser club!;)

:sad1: A FRIEND!!! :hug: Yes..... we will be losers together!

Then I'm the queen of the losers - because I was post #1 on page 3 :)

You just keep telling yourself that! :lmao::lmao::lmao: You are too funny! :rotfl:

Oh, you aren't a loser!! You madeit before page 10!!! The losers post after page 10, didn't you know that??? :confused3

You're just sayin' that to make me feel better aren't you Teresa? I know darn well taht when someone comes along on page 10 to post for the first time- they're not gonna be a loser..... you'll tell 'em that was reserved for people on page 3 - right?? :laughing: Oh well..... I appreciate that you are tryng to amek me feel better anyway!

I noticed your countdown tonight- your trip is coming up FAST!!! Are the kids getting excited?

Hi Everyone!!

Ahh, I almost got lost in the move -what a Loser I am - what page are we on now???

It's ok- you can join me, the queen and the rest of us LOSERS and we'll find happiness some how! :yay:

As usual I am in awe of everything that has been posted. Quick newbie sewing question, though!

Ok, so I'm making a blanket with some old t-shirts. I have all of the blocks in the rows sewn together and I want to get sewing them to eachother. My question is...what do I do with the seams? Do I press them flat and sew them open? Do I press them to one side and sew over them? The tshirts are hard to press flat so this is giving me problems. Thanks for you help. You all are such a supportive bunch.:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter