DIS Unplugged: Handbags and River Cruises

So true!

As far as Kevin's comments about bags goes I thought it was totally in character for him and the show in general. Kevin makes no bones about being a fan of high-end leather goods. He knows what he is talking about. It might not interest everybody but I'd say there are sections of every show that don't interest everybody.
True about the "might not interest everybody". Neither Johns ABD info, nor Kevin's discussion of bags interested me, but I still watched/listened because I like THEM, and I figure a lot of other people appreciated the info. And even though they weren't for me, they still were both about Disney-related topics. Wasn't like they were talking about fly fishing in Montana, or dress shopping on Rodo Drive. (Neither of those tings would interest me either!).

Actually - since I haven't been to WDW since '12, and am unlikely to take either an ABD or Disney Cruise anytime soon, a LOT of the shows don't have any personal current or probably even future interest for me - I watch for the memories, the personalities, the banter and laughs, and to support them for their support of GKTW. And I honestly like them all as humans, even though I've not been fortunate enough to meet any of them yet.

I saw the Mickey Mouse x Keith Haring bags at the Coach store in Beverly Hills yesterday. They're really beautiful. Not my thing/how I'd spend the money, but if you were into that I'd see why you'd want one or at the very least want to talk about them.

I think there's a way to marry the two formats. It doesn't seem right to me not to address major Disney news stories in every week's show. I get that they don't want to be negative, and that they're still trying to sell trips, but it strikes me as a bit disingenuous.

I also think it's unfair to compare DIS Unplugged to other shows. The Jim Hill podcast is only two people and is clearly planned out far in advance. Plus they have more regular segments like surveys, ongoing history lessons, etc.

I enjoyed the Coach/Kipling segment. If people enjoy the way other podcasts are structured, they should keep listening to those too. It's good for there to be different styles of shows.

Obviously no one had a clue as to what Kevin was talking about with his purse collection. However, I enjoyed the relaxed banter of the episode. It was all good.

Well, I hope they continue to talk about these things. ABD is bucket list level stuff for me and I don’t hear about it anywhere else.
Check the Dreams Unlimited podcast. They've talked about ABD trips on there numerous times, and in a lot more detail than on the Tuesday show (which makes sense since the Tuesday show is supposed to be focused on Walt Disney World).

Obviously no one had a clue as to what Kevin was talking about with his purse collection.
Regular listeners are well aware of Kevin's affinity for Louis Vuitton. Pete's a fan of high end leather goods as well as I recall.

So many of us totally understood what Kevin was talking about. Does it interest me personally? Nope. But it's a new line of merchandise available at Walt Disney World so it's certainly an appropriate topic for the show.

Regular listeners are well aware of Kevin's affinity for Louis Vuitton. Pete's a fan of high end leather goods as well as I recall.

So many of us totally understood what Kevin was talking about. Does it interest me personally? Nope. But it's a new line of merchandise available at Walt Disney World so it's certainly an appropriate topic for the show.

again, I had no issue with it. It was an enjoyable show IMO.

I enjoyed the show, I've been watching the Youtube videos for a little over a year and I like seeing more of a personal side of the hosts. To me that comes through in regards to the subjects they choose to talk about. I enjoyed listening to Kevin talk about the bags because I could tell it was something he really enjoyed. John talked about the cruises which I thought was really cool because I've always wanted to take a cruise around the world ( it's on my lottery winning bucket list ).

I know some weeks I may agree with every topic and then some weeks there may be a few I don't have as much interest in. I think they offer so much content that some is going to be a hit and some I may not be as interested in, but overall more hits than misses.

My only complaint is that I miss the John and Kevin restaurant reviews. Those were the best.
Yes! When the pandemic is over (which I know is starting to sound a lot like “when they make that Wicked movie”), I’d love to see their reviews make a comeback!

My bucket list cruise is Alaska, and I'm hoping to get to do that within the next few years. I had others, but I think they would be physically impossible for me now. That's what makes me sad hearing about a lot of trips that SOUND wonderful, and my MIND, heart, and spirit would LOVE to do, and my body would just be like "Heck no!!!". Plus not being ADA friendly, so a Rollator or scooter would be out.

Which lends testament to the fact that if you CAN do it, you SHOULD, while you still CAN.

Last edited:
I guess negativity always draws more attention which is why it prompted a response from Kevin and John but personally I think it’s fun that they actually bring something to the table that they are interested in and are passionate about rather than them just going through the motions....please continue to do what you’re doing instead of talking about negativity or closures at the parks it’s fun to hear what you guys are bringing to the table in your own different ways!

I want to say a big Thank you! to Kevin for discussing the Coach x Keith Haring collection. I too love high end leather goods and I also like the Coach collaborations were Disney is involved. I haven’t been keeping up on the new collections recently and when he talked about it I immediately looked it up. I love the grumpy, cranky, cheeky Mickey’s and have lots of artwork depicting him with these expressions and this collection was perfect. I am now the happy owner of the Madison bag with my cheeky Mickey. So a big shout out to Kevin to show him my appreciation.

Forgive everything I said in this thread, please. It surpassed anything in today's episode!! Kev, John, Ryno and Pete were missed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter