Dis Mom's Club?

Hello everyone, joining in! My name is Shelly, and I love disney. :) I am married with two boys, ages 8 and 5. We have been to Disney twice and will be going again at the beginning of December. We have stayed at POP and CBR, this time we will be at POR riverside. It will be our first visit at holiday time, looking foreward to it. I am a licensed veterinary technician and I also do petsitting and home care. We lost our beloved boxer of 13 yrs in June and will be looking to open our hearts again soon.

Is that too much info?? :thumbsup2
:welcome:

I'm shooting for September 2013 and hoping for free dining again, but that's up to my husband. Now that there's a Gordon Ramsay restaurant in Vegas, I know he's wanting to go back there soon. We've done two trips in one year before (DC and Disney in 2011), but it's not easy.

We watch all of his shows but have not tried one of his restaurants but are wanting to try it. I want to eat at Hell's Kitchen but later in the season when they weed out the bad cooks. But, I still want to hear him say "You Donkey".

Hi Everyone, love this idea. Would love to join you all. Been a big Disney fan since childhood. I still get choked up thinking about my trips especially the one I just took with my husband and children last year. My now 3 year old never stops talking about it and wanting to go back. It was the most memorable experience and everything was sooo magical. We also became DVC members so we could make Disney our destination vacation every year now! We are going in November.

So nice to meet you all.

Nadia

I like the looks of this thread so hoping I can join you ladies! :)

My name is Pam, I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom to my almost 6 month old son Will. My DH James is almost 31 and Will is our first child. Also in our household we have our 4 year old Japanese Spitz Sam :)
We have been to WDW every year (except this year) since 2005 - I'm certainly having withdrawals from not getting there this year :( We had our honeymoon at WDW in May 2011 and brought back an extra special Disney gift - our DS :) We are in the middle of planning our next trip for May 2013 which will be DS's first trip, also coming theres my mom, dad, sister, her DBF and my aunt and uncle. They've all been before (well except my sisters DBF - its his first trip too AND we'll be celebrating his 30th while we're there too so hoping to convert him into another Disney maniac!) but are very excited about getting to be there for Wills first trip!
DH and I are mad about Disney, although he is not as crazy as I am! However my sister is also a Disney nut so it should be a good trip :)

:welcome: Nadia and Pam!

Nadia, congrats on DVC! It's the best way to stay at Disney. We have 4 kids and love getting a 2 bed room villa so we are not all on top of one another. My kids call it our Disney house. :yay:

Hi Everyone, love this idea. Would love to join you all. Been a big Disney fan since childhood. I still get choked up thinking about my trips especially the one I just took with my husband and children last year. My now 3 year old never stops talking about it and wanting to go back. It was the most memorable experience and everything was sooo magical. We also became DVC members so we could make Disney our destination vacation every year now! We are going in November.

So nice to meet you all.

Nadia

I like the looks of this thread so hoping I can join you ladies! :)

My name is Pam, I'm a 30 year old stay at home mom to my almost 6 month old son Willem's. My DH James is almost 31 and Will is our first child. Also in our household we have our 4 year old Japanese Spitz Sam :)
We have been to WDW every year (except this year) since 2005 - I'm certainly having withdrawals from not getting there this year :( We had our honeymoon at WDW in May 2011 and brought back an extra special Disney gift - our DS :) We are in the middle of planning our next trip for May 2013 which will be DS's first trip, also coming theres my mom, dad, sister, her DBF and my aunt and uncle. They've all been before (well except my sisters DBF - its his first trip too AND we'll be celebrating his 30th while we're there too so hoping to convert him into another Disney maniac!) but are very excited about getting to be there for Wills first trip!
DH and I are mad about Disney, although he is not as crazy as I am! However my sister is also a Disney nut so it should be a good trip :)

:welcome:

Hi everyone! Love the idea of this thread, so I hope you don't mind if I join in as well!

I'm Cheryl - and I am completely in love with Disney - never was a huge fan until I got to experience it with my own child this past February - since then, I am literally counting minutes til I can go back!! (Next February!) I am a 5th grade ELA teacher, so I am back to school in two short weeks after having the summer off! When I am not researching our next trip to Disney World, I am either cooking, baking, shopping for shoes(the higher the heel the better!) or doing something crafty!

My darling husband, Brian, humors my Disney obsession, and is fine with whatever I plan for our next journey, so long as it gets him to at least one of the Disney Golf Courses! Brian is also a teacher at the high school level, making all of our trips happen on school vacations.

Then there is our boy, Connor, who just turned 7, and is a fan of all things Star Wars, Lego, and technology. He is especially looking forward to our next trip....for multiple reasons, all which change on a daily basis! He will be starting 2nd grade this fall.

Also living in our home is my sweet mom, who at 71 is full of energy, and will be making the trip to Disney with us in time to celebrate her 72nd birthday! She moved in with us when my father passed away four years ago, and helps with getting Connor on and off of the school bus - she's totally a blessing to us! I am so excited to see her face when she sees the castle for the first time at Magic Kingdom! :yay:

So that's us! I am so looking forward to getting to know you all better, and learning more about Disney! :)

Mine is in October and I'm already gathering stuff in to one area to pack.

You're in good company...Our trip isn't even booked (looking for Jan of 2014) So, I wait and get my fix here :surfweb:

i have two huge plastic tubs in my bedroom for the exact same thing. we call them the Disney boxes!!!

Yes i haven't booked yet either and looking for free dining... Kids golden birthday is Sept 8th so i have to wait until that is over.... :eek:
i have been biting my lips in anticipation!!!! :thumbsup2
Glad to have company in this... thanks

:welcome: Nadia and Pam!

Nadia, congrats on DVC! It's the best way to stay at Disney. We have 4 kids and love getting a 2 bed room villa so we are not all on top of one another. My kids call it our Disney house. :yay:

Thanks. We are staying in a 2 bedroom villa in november for the first time. Last time we went in Sep 2011 we stayed in a studio in AK and SS.

We are debating on purchasing DVC resale to buy enough points to stay at BLT or Wilderness lodge, but I am up in the air on the money. :rolleyes:

Hi everyone! Love the idea of this thread, so I hope you don't mind if I join in as well!

I'm Cheryl - and I am completely in love with Disney - never was a huge fan until I got to experience it with my own child this past February - since then, I am literally counting minutes til I can go back!! (Next February!) I am a 5th grade ELA teacher, so I am back to school in two short weeks after having the summer off! When I am not researching our next trip to Disney World, I am either cooking, baking, shopping for shoes(the higher the heel the better!) or doing something crafty!

My darling husband, Brian, humors my Disney obsession, and is fine with whatever I plan for our next journey, so long as it gets him to at least one of the Disney Golf Courses! Brian is also a teacher at the high school level, making all of our trips happen on school vacations.

Then there is our boy, Connor, who just turned 7, and is a fan of all things Star Wars, Lego, and technology. He is especially looking forward to our next trip....for multiple reasons, all which change on a daily basis! He will be starting 2nd grade this fall.

Also living in our home is my sweet mom, who at 71 is full of energy, and will be making the trip to Disney with us in time to celebrate her 72nd birthday! She moved in with us when my father passed away four years ago, and helps with getting Connor on and off of the school bus - she's totally a blessing to us! I am so excited to see her face when she sees the castle for the first time at Magic Kingdom! :yay:

So that's us! I am so looking forward to getting to know you all better, and learning more about Disney! :)

OMG I hear you. My DH never got the whole disney thing either. He had never gone when he was younger and last year was his first time. But taking the kids and seeing their eyes light up and I guess also watching how euphoric it is for me to experience it with the kids has lead him down the path of no return, suggesting disney be our yearly vaca spot. LOL

Thats so awesome your mom is going down with you. She will have a blast. Sorry to hear about your dad.

Thanks for the welcome :)
My DH doesn't quite "get it" either! Thankfully he's happy to humour me ;) I'm so looking forward to having a huge family and seeing the magic through their eyes but for this trip I'm just excited about making super special memories :)

My DH is also one of those who tolerates my Disney obsession. Though I think he likes Disney more than he lets on.

I'm just glad that he doesn't take a lot of convincing to start planning a trip. And he has become resigned that now that DD is old enough that we will be going to Disney every other year. :goodvibes

Hi All, I'm not new to Dis but I just discovered this thread today.May I join you?

I'm Stacey... I turned 39 this month and decided I'll stay this age forever now :lmao: I've been married to my husband Bill for almost 13 years now. We have one daughter, Mary. She turned 3 back in March.

I always chuckle when people say, why do you bring her to Disney World at such a young age. It's a waste of money, she's never going to remember it. I tell them, we went every year before she was born, why would we give up our vacations? She enjoys it and we will remember it even if she doesn't. I will say it surprises me how much she really does remember from each trip though. The only trip I'm not sure about was when she was 9 months old. After her 18 month old trip, she would say she needs to go visit her friends again (She calls the princesses her friends now, LOL!)

We are DVC and our home resort is Animal Kingdom, Kidani Village. Our next trip was going to be in March but I got $75/each way airfare on Jetblue so I changed our dates to December to enjoy the holiday decorations. Because of the last minute change, we'll be staying at Saratoga Springs this trip.

Happy to be on board and look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Thanks,
-Stacey

Me too :goodvibes

I'm Tiffany married to a man who doesn't get the Disney hype :sad2: That should've been a deal-breaker ;)

I feel your pain. My husband thinks Universal would be a 'cooler' vacation :sad1:. What?!?!?! I need someone to be excited with me over this and dare I say it....have some ideas/opinions!!! Luckily....he is appeasing my Disney demands (though without his enthusiasm the demands are fairly weak without instigation on his part!!).

We are taking our first Disney World family vacation in April over my spring break (I teach 3rd grade) (fingers crossed we are not booked just yet) (prayers, we want to drive from CT :rotfl:). DH is an insurance adjuster. DS is 3 1/2 and DD is 14 mos. We went on the Disney Fantasy (Eastern) and booked a dummy date with hopes of going again in summer 2014. Luckily, DH really enjoyed the cruise and so there is a glimmer of hope, but I don't ever foresee him getting excited over a MM sighting in the park or a child's first haircut on Main St (that is where the barber shop I see pics of on here is, right??).

Anyway, right now the great debate is whether to stay at Wyndham Bonnet Creek or suck it up and stay on property. This is where a Dis lover husband would be beneficial ladies!!!! I feel so guilty to spend the extra $$ for less accommodation on property!!

I'm glad that my DH is willing to stay on site and do the dining plan. He was the one who suggested getting a family suite at AoA.

I haven't been on disboards that much lately. No Disney trips in the works right now. Hoping maybe next year if we are lucky.

My little man will be 2 in just a few weeks. Another good reason to do Disney next year, before he's 3. My daughter is almost 13. We had a huge change this year after school started. I was having issues with the charter school she attended, and they weren't willing to make changes. So after 2 weeks I pulled her and we are now homeschooling. It will be interesting to homeschool with a toddler. But on a good note we can now go back to Disney when everyone else is in school. :yay::yay::yay:

All in all life is good, and I can't wait to go back to Disney.

Life is good here too :) Except we got invited to a family wedding next May - which is scheduled for 2 days after we were planning on leaving for WDW :( Its a small family wedding with only 40 attending so we would be missed unfortunately so now I'm trying desperately to re-work flights prices, times etc and also try my utmost not to clash with Memorial Day weekend! Other than that we're all good! DS has started sitting up properly now and hes verrrrry close to crawling so hes getting bigger right before my eyes! Where on earth does the time go!!! Hope you alk are doing good :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter